Shodburrito

Consistently weird pattern I am noticing with trip reports

3 posts in this topic

I like to read and listen to a lot of trip reports I find online. I have been noticing a weird pattern popping up with bad trips mostly with salvia, although I have heard it with other drugs too.

The weird thing I am finding is that when people have bad trips, specifically when they feel intense emotional pain and fear, people will report that this pain comes with a sensation/awareness that they have done something terrible and they feel this pain because they deserve it. Many times it will feel like they have done every bad thing in the universe and now they are being punished for it, or they are being punished for just doing heinous things in general. The weird thing is that I also have experienced this, but on a bad mushroom trip of 2.25 grams. I felt that I had done something really bad and that I felt extremely guilty about doing the evil thing. But I had no idea what that thing was, and everyone else who reports this also says they don't know what it is either. 

Do y'all have any idea what this could be caused by? My theory when I sobered up was that I had some trauma coming out during the trip, but after I started hearing about the same experience from others I started to think something else was going on here... 

Sounds more like an exploration of guilt in the abstract.

You can explore what extreme guilt or shame feels like without having done anything in the "real world". Psychedelics allow such high levels of abstraction that you can explore moods and feeling disconnected from your personal life.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Shodburrito said:

I like to read and listen to a lot of trip reports I find online. I have been noticing a weird pattern popping up with bad trips mostly with salvia, although I have heard it with other drugs too.

The weird thing I am finding is that when people have bad trips, specifically when they feel intense emotional pain and fear, people will report that this pain comes with a sensation/awareness that they have done something terrible and they feel this pain because they deserve it. Many times it will feel like they have done every bad thing in the universe and now they are being punished for it, or they are being punished for just doing heinous things in general. The weird thing is that I also have experienced this, but on a bad mushroom trip of 2.25 grams. I felt that I had done something really bad and that I felt extremely guilty about doing the evil thing. But I had no idea what that thing was, and everyone else who reports this also says they don't know what it is either. 

Do y'all have any idea what this could be caused by? My theory when I sobered up was that I had some trauma coming out during the trip, but after I started hearing about the same experience from others I started to think something else was going on here... 

Could be our cultural, social, or religious backgrounds.  Or we just don't like messing with something as sacred as our minds.  It happens during higher doses for sure,  however, usually after the peak hits, some people will relax into it, and then it's amazing the come back.  Salvia has got to be the strangest trip, freaks me out every time.  Don't do it anymore.. lol.

You know, you've been there, did it kill you?

Edited by Sir Oberon