tuku747

Awareness.

4 posts in this topic

Awareness.

Simple. Awareness.

Within awareness, there is awareness of many perceptions within Awareness.

Awareness of Light, color, shadow, shape, form.

Aware of body. Awareness of thought. Awareness of Self-concept.

Before, I would have said I practice Self-Awareness.

Because I can see that Awareness is All That Is, and I Am That. Then, All is Self.

But the "Self" is often tied up with habitual thoughts, a name, a human appearance, a something that is "doing".

But there is Awareness beyond  the idea of "Self".

So, release the idea of "Self-Awareness", release the idea of a "Self".

There will still be Awareness, even if there is not necessarily the usual idea of "Self".

Self is simply another concept appearing in Awareness. Let go of ownership.

I don't necessarily have to "own" "my" "body", "own" "my" "mind", "own" "my" "Self", "own" "my" "Awareness".

Control, too, is simply a concept arising from the idea of there being a self. I don't "control" "myself".

Control is concept. Desiring is concept. Doing is concept. Self is concept.

Let go of "ownership". Let go of "control". Let go of "wanting". Let go of "doing".

Let go of Self.

Return to Simple Awareness.

Simple.

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

On 10/8/2023 at 1:52 AM, tuku747 said:

So, release the idea of "Self-Awareness", release the idea of a "Self".

The self letting go of itself has been an interesting function. The letting go usually begins inside of the self then extends outside of the self and beyond the self. Which implies the letting go was never truly a function of the self. 

Then the letting go lets go of letting go. Haha. 

On 10/8/2023 at 0:22 PM, tuku747 said:

Return to Simple Awareness.

Simple.

It may look simple enough but it is a hard task because of the habitual thinking and emoting of the mind. Any random memory or thought can pull one out of present moment awareness and deceive one to live in the past through memory or future through imagination. 

When the misery of such incessant thinking and emoting becomes highly painful leading to psychological suffering, those who are aware of this process, can immediately anchor themselves in the present moment , meditate or observe their breathing, and thereby stabilise their mind reducing psychological pain effectively.

Those who are not aware of this process, however will have to suffer a lot incessantly from anxiety and psychological pain, as they do not know how to switch off their runaway mind. This can eventually result in mental illnesses and also bodily illness through psychosomatic suggestion.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 8/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, tuku747 said:

Self is simply another concept appearing in Awareness. Let go of ownership.

The self ultimately is the perception of a center. In infinity there is not a center, that's why the self is illusory. You can empty the self of content completely and there is still perception of a center. Letting the self fall means stop that perception of center, opening to the infinite and becoming infinite, without center, without limit, without self. free. When this happens you cannot say: only I exist, I am creating reality, I am God. because that is returning to the perception of a center and therefore creating a limit.