Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

Is MDMA safe? What are your experiences with it?

16 posts in this topic

MDMA is becoming more popular and efforts are being made to legalize it and introduce it to therapies.

MDMA never works on me. I have bombed it up to 250mg.

I think if people lay in bed and drink water or Gatorade it is pretty safe. If people eat healthy, hydrate, sleep, get sunshine, exercise, avoid caffeine, sugar, and salt, they will be better off. People should space out their usage maybe once every 3 months. But if people drink alcohol or do other combinations of drugs or dance all night, they might have a problem with MDMA.

When I take MDMA I get jaw clenching, darting eyes, shaky hands, but never skin sensations or euphoria. Sometimes a few days later I get panic or scary visualizations when trying to sleep. A few days later I might get hot flashes or restlessness or muscle cramps. For a few weeks after I get pleasurable tingles inside my body or empathy.

MDMA is toxic and the next two days you feel depressed. but it can be very useful to make you see barriers that you put between yourself and others, insecurities. Could free yourself a lot in only one session. It's fine to use it occasionally for that purpose, but I think using it regularly is a bad idea.

10 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

MDMA never works on me. I have bombed it up to 250mg.

I think if people lay in bed and drink water or Gatorade it is pretty safe. If people eat healthy, hydrate, sleep, get sunshine, exercise, avoid caffeine, sugar, and salt, they will be better off. People should space out their usage maybe once every 3 months. But if people drink alcohol or do other combinations of drugs or dance all night, they might have a problem with MDMA.

When I take MDMA I get jaw clenching, darting eyes, shaky hands, but never skin sensations or euphoria. Sometimes a few days later I get panic or scary visualizations when trying to sleep. A few days later I might get hot flashes or restlessness or muscle cramps. For a few weeks after I get pleasurable tingles inside my body or empathy.

Do you take SSRIs by any chance?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

11 hours ago, Raze said:

MDMA is becoming more popular and efforts are being made to legalize it and introduce it to therapies.

I love to take MDMA before a psychedelic trip because it opens me up emotionally and makes it easier to let go after.

It’s also really good to approach very emotional topics to work through, or even talk to people I’m close with about our relationship or some argument. It’s best when the other person takes it, too.

2C-B is also amazing for that by the way. It’s also a lot less heavy, less comedown and much clearer headspace.

But I love MDMA for what it is, it’s pretty unique in its effects.

Don’t overdo it though. You can’t take it more often than once every 3 months and don’t give in into the desire to take more on the comedown or you might regret it later (Weed helps a lot here ;) ). 

Edited by vibv

@vibv Hi there. I do not take SSRIs or any meds. I’m pretty educated and sane and I have googled MDMA non responders. But I am open to advice. I am just unlucky with MDMA. :(

1 hour ago, Soul Flight said:

@vibv Hi there. I do not take SSRIs or any meds. I’m pretty educated and sane and I have googled MDMA non responders. But I am open to advice. I am just unlucky with MDMA. :(

Hey :)

Maybe it just doesn't work for you. Everyone responds differently to any chemical.

Did you try 2C-B? What are your experiences with other psychedelics?

Justt make sure it’s clean stuff, test it or get it tested

and don’t overdo it

8 hours ago, vibv said:

Hey :)

Maybe it just doesn't work for you. Everyone responds differently to any chemical.

Did you try 2C-B? What are your experiences with other psychedelics?

I never tried 2C-B.

Shrooms work great on me. I see crazy complex visuals and fractals. Shrooms really work great on me on all levels Lol!

LSD works on me.

Weed works on me.

Ketamine is ok. It makes me too dizzy and sick afterwards. It doesn't feel worth it.

7 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

I never tried 2C-B.

Shrooms work great on me. I see crazy complex visuals and fractals. Shrooms really work great on me on all levels Lol!

LSD works on me.

Weed works on me.

Ketamine is ok. It makes me too dizzy and sick afterwards. It doesn't feel worth it.

Everyone who didn't explore the dissoverse is missing out is all I'm gonna say ;) 

It's a completely different domain than psychedelics and it offers unique insights that you can't have on psychedelics.

They often are anxiolytic, so no fear present during the experience, but on the other hand they are harder to handle - for example difficulty controlling your body - and have a potential to be habit forming. If you ever explore that domain, be careful.

Psychedelics are usually still able to raise your consciousness way higher, the highest states were still achieved with psychedelics for me, but dissociatives offer some unique perspectives and experiences.

Sometimes a little bit of ketamine can launch a psychedelic trip to a completely new level, I had some breakthrough experiences on 2C-B and ketamine. With breakthrough I mean that I awoke to a level that I didn't know before and it shattered some barriers like breaking a matchstick.

One of the main strengths of dissociatives is that they are really good at dissolving concepts and distancing you from your mind. Especially helpful if one of your main obstacles is clinging to the mind too much.

But as I said, be careful. They have physiological dangers that are often not present with psychedelics.

@vibv Very wise of you to state all that. I concur. I am very careful.

What is your route of admin for Ketamine? It lasts about 1 hour?

Thanks

Ketamine "IS" funny. It shows me I am one with the cosmos and I am every single person. But I am catatonic about it. There is no anxiety or fear or catharsis or bliss or euphoria. It's just like meh. Which is funny about 6 hours later.

49 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

@vibv Very wise of you to state all that. I concur. I am very careful.

What is your route of admin for Ketamine? It lasts about 1 hour?

Thanks

Ketamine "IS" funny. It shows me I am one with the cosmos and I am every single person. But I am catatonic about it. There is no anxiety or fear or catharsis or bliss or euphoria. It's just like meh. Which is funny about 6 hours later.

I achieve the best results with low to mid doses and then reading some spiritual text or listening to music.

RoA is intranasally or seldom boofed. Doses intranasally from 20-40 mg.

Anything higher just brings me in a state of nothingness or solipsism, but a weird kind of it. Can be interesting though.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:11 PM, Soul Flight said:

I never tried 2C-B.

LSD works on me.

Weed works on me.

Every chemical responds to the mind you have developed. As you age and your mind develops more chemicals that had no effect on you might suddenly have an effect. Obviously genetics also play a role as well. But your psychology is more important than your biology in this case. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Every chemical responds to the mind you have developed. As you age and your mind develops more chemicals that had no effect on you might suddenly have an effect. Obviously genetics also play a role as well. But your psychology is more important than your biology in this case. 

I'm in my 60's and have done LSD,  shrooms, and a little salvia too, a strange trip that is.  And a lot of ayahuasca.   Through the years I have noticed that my trips are less visual and more dream-like.   Visions, and memories from places I can't put a finger on.  Maybe it's age-related, the brain changes its chemical makeup.  Anyway, still enjoy it, it's almost prophetic some days.. however, I tend not to dabble so often, been there type of thing.

I did MDMA once when I was young, it was great, amazing body high, and feel goodness. Not visual at all from what I recall. My local head shop has crystal for sale.  Hmmm, what I had was a powder in pill form.

Maybe get some, but you know, what's in it?  

And you know I'm very fit for an old man, lol.  I bike every day for almost, 2-3hrs. I'm fanatical!  Cross-country skiing in the winter, fitness is huge!

Edited by Sir Oberon

On 07/10/2023 at 10:31 PM, Breakingthewall said:

MDMA is toxic and the next two days you feel depressed. but it can be very useful to make you see barriers that you put between yourself and others, insecurities. Could free yourself a lot in only one session. It's fine to use it occasionally for that purpose, but I think using it regularly is a bad idea.

this is not always true, if you keep your doses moderate, and stay hydrated during the experience. you can feel pretty great the next day, like an afterglow.

5-HTP is also a supplement you can take beforehand and after to help with depression. Just make sure there is none in your system when you take the mdma as you can get serotonin syndrome.

P.s dehydration causes the physical hangover, drink water don't dance too much.