Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

am still concerned that after what happened, not demanding high price from hamas / not eliminate him, will cause a psychological damage to the Israeli's sense of identity, unity and security and can have serious consequences on the strength of the israeli society.

So, since the Israeli government is absolutely incompetent, thousands of civilians have to die.

It is really amazing that knowing that Hamas is a terrorist group, and that because of that they have closed Gaza, they have it unguarded, closed with a simple fence and they hold massive raves nearby. what did they think? that it was all a joke? being so incompetent is criminal

2 hours ago, HMD said:

@Lila9 I can empathize with you on that. And btw, according to mainstream Orthodox Judaism, the rebuilding of the Temple is generally left to the coming of the Jewish Messiah. 

Moreover, the Romans were the ones who demolished the Temples. I say leave the Muslims up to it and wait for the Messiah instead of fighting and killing children. 

Well we’re allegedly lucky because leo as the new messiah will rebuild the temple with his hands and it will be a nice temple and it will also surely be a good temple for everyone, there will be 5meo and cookies for everyone too 🌞 amen

@Leo Gura

And to be clear, my layman opinion is also that a ground invasion probably will not lead to anything. I think a lot of people will die and it has a high chance to end in disaster for Israel and achieve basically nothing. I mean it will be akin to fighting the Hitler youth in Berlin's last stand, just terrible.

But I do see this as inevitable, and I am not sure what the proper action to take here would be.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

38 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You can fantasize about what an enlightened, perfectly rational being with an enlightened, perfectly rational population might do to lead to the best outcome, but at least clarify you are engaging in science fiction.

It's not that far-fretched to focus on defense vs offense.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There should already have been 10,000 troops patroling that boarder full time.

That was the key mistake here.

Israel can simply establish a DMZ like in North Korea. No one ever invades across that DMZ.

What is Israel doing with its army?? Israel has a huge army and a tiny country. Why don't they have at least 10,000 troops around Gaza?

I think the settlements took a big amount of resuorces from IDF. But also the underestimation of the whole system of hamas capabilities.

Good to know about DMZ i didnt know that. Ok so i hope IDF will learn the lesson and do that across our borders.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

@PurpleTree Add to that everyone with a perfectly shaved head and voila! 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

You can literally put a mile of landmines around Gaza.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Breakingthewall This is not only the government. The whole system was under a wrong cenception that only hezbollah capable of such a thing but not hamas.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

How about alarms that sound when someone destroys the border with a bulldozer, or cameras that detect movement and a guy watching? In any store there is that.

and soldiers on duty to arrive by helicopter in 5 minutes. What was his strategy? Be sleeping? It's impossible for this to be unintentional, no one is that stupid.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can literally put a mile of landmines around Gaza.

I mean i don’t think you can according to international law

7 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I think the settlements took a big amount of resuorces from IDF. But also the underestimation of the whole system of hamas capabilities.

Yea that’s the issue, get rid of the settlements and focus on israel

7 minutes ago, HMD said:

@PurpleTree Add to that everyone with a perfectly shaved head and voila! 

oh yea 🧑‍🦲👨🏿‍🦲👨🏽‍🦲

4 hours ago, HMD said:

Because Muslims all across the world were heartbroken and in shock when Masjid Al Aqsa was attacked. It was like 9/11, believe me, or not. 

And anti-Israel means leave the holy site the fuck alone. 

I mean at the end of the day, it's not holy those websites, it's just mass hallucination, and nobody truly gives a shit about them. Supposed they're demolished one day, do you think that it's ok to launch nuclear missiles on Israel for that? 

Why can't you snap of these delusions? do you want to die to save a fucking Masjid's walls?  

2 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

I mean at the end of the day, it's not holy those websites, it's just mass hallucination, and nobody truly gives a shit about them. Supposed they're demolished one day, do you think that it's ok to launch nuclear missiles on Israel for that? 

Why can't you snap of these delusions? do you want to die to save a fucking Masjid's walls?  

True, islamists have destroyed many holy sites around the middle east (recently) temples in syria, iraq. Buddha statues in afghanistan

13 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Breakingthewall This is not only the government. The whole system was under a wrong cenception that only hezbollah capable of such a thing but not hamas.

think that if Israel demonstrates absolute incompetence to the level of paragliding guys passing by without detecting them, this bombing of Gaza is useless.

Now any Israeli knows that any day they can detonate a bomb like the one in Hiroshima in Tel Aviv, it is very possible with the necessary resources. bombing gaza is a foolish reaction to divert attention. When everything calms down, people will realize the psychological change this entails. Everyone thought of Mossad as a kind of James Bond with intelligent satellites monitoring everything, and some guys with a bulldozer come by and spend 10 hours killing. If it happens in Nicaragua ok, but in Israel...bad business

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Leo Gura How should Israeli society deal with and overcome such trauma? How does one "accept" or "move passed" all those unspeakable sadistic things?

@Breakingthewall Massive bombing from the air is critical for the soldiers who will get in after that to not be "sitting ducks".

Edited by Nivsch

4 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Breakingthewall Massive bombing from the air is critical for the slodiers who will get in after that to not be "sitting ducks".

Why go after the terrorists when it is much easier not to let them exit? In addition, there are millions of fanatics willing to replace them. It's just revenge and self-esteem, useless. 

It is going to harm Israel as a nation, it is just what Hamas wants. Israel is now a puppet of Hamas. 

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Why go after the terrorists when it is much easier not to let them exit? In addition, there are millions of fanatics willing to replace them. It's just revenge and self-esteem, useless. 

I would agree with you if the situation was similar to all the previous rounds of Israel-hamas conflict during the last 15 years.

Edited by Nivsch

27 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I would agree with you if the situation was similar to all the previous rounds of Israel-hamas conflict during the last 15 years.

37 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

You are avoiding the main points. Israel has shown crazy incompetence by allowing the attacks. Now he demonstrates the stupidity of a foolish bear by declaring war on civilians and with it on all of Islam. Islam is billions of fanatics with nuclear weapons. What do you achieve by bombing children in Gaza? that Hamas leaders laugh from the moment they wake up in the morning?

@Breakingthewall If you think Israel targets civilians deliberately you definitely have to study the issue well before you write such statements.

9 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Breakingthewall If you think Israel targets civilians deliberately you definitely have to study the issue well before you write such statements.

56 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I know that Israel don't kill civilians deliberately, but is killing civilians due an horrible security mistake. Israel is doing exactly what Hamas wants. Another mistake.  

If you show stupidity again and again and your enemy shows intelligence, bad business.