Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

@zazen

25 minutes ago, zazen said:

Could be the voices of their own allies getting louder in condemnation and the genocide case next week that South Africa has filed which is a stain on their reputation. Also the ample proof of self incriminating intent on display by Israeli leadership who speak candidly/arrogantly and the tik tok army who make a mockery of the devastation this war is causing - self owning themselves via a Chinese app in a Middle Eastern warn facilitated by US arm shipments - ahh globalisation.

October 7th obviously rattled Israel's psychological god complex and sense of superiority including their tech/spyware/arms industry which relies on a certain level of confidence. ''The Palestinians are human laboratory rats to the Israeli military, intelligence services and arms and technology industries. Israel’s drones, surveillance technology — including spyware, facial recognition software and biometric gathering infrastructure — along with smart fences, experimental bombs and AI-controlled machine guns, are tried out on the captive population in Gaza, often with lethal results. These weapons and technologies are then certified as “battle tested” and sold around the world.''

The reason this conflict and this thread has been popular is because of what's at stake and partial familiarity to the situation. The region its in, the players involved, the religious-colonial-racist undertones familiar to large parts of the world which are now relics of the past, and what the second order effects and ripples of this region destabilising have on a global level. If things escalate - we could be looking at global inflation through energy prices sky rocketing via oil fields being targeted and sea transit lane disruptions causing supply chain shocks - not to mention the high death toll - all this underpins the global economy which is already limping from covid with increasing inequality and all during a election year of Israels main imperial backer the US.

Spot on assessment based on many developmental factors, and living proof of @Leo Gura's video on collective ego points to. Nothing is worse than some event that shames and embarrasses the collective into a cultural zeitgeist.

3 hours ago, kenway said:

If you ever wanted to know how the broader public were able to be indifferent to the Nazis exterminating the Jews in real-time - how such evil could take place mostly unopposed - well now you know.

What do you suggest we do?

The world is run by powerful people making deals with other powerful people. This was how it was always.

Only they get to say what happens where. 

49 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

What do you suggest we do?

The world is run by powerful people making deals with other powerful people. This was how it was always.

Only they get to say what happens where. 

Public indignation goes a long way. If people in the US are not okay with Israel's actions, politicians who don't support it will speak out to get votes. This could affect financing and support of them in the long run.

@Vibes

2 hours ago, Vibes said:

You sound like a robot. Put your bias aside just a little while, and you might feel something.

Ain't happening when your in-field and inside the wrong side of history, too painful to do so, the levels of mental gymnastics to even be open minded and willing to empathize with Palestinians from Israel's side is super levels.

3 hours ago, Israfil said:

Public indignation goes a long way

Not long enough. The public supports many things that would never happen because the public is dumb, easy to control and they have the memory of a fish.

This is why the Elites will get their way no matter what. I am not saying it's right or wrong either. Maybe the Elites know something that the public don't.

Public supports for Israel has dwindled to astonishing level because who would support this genocide in their rights minds. Even 10k children died and even more disabled for the rest of their lives. The elites are busy censoring pro Palestine voices on social media.

Meanwhile, this is exactly the right time to support Ukraine by supplying them with advanced weapons. If Ukraine has more weapons, then it could be a conclusive victory for Russia. Everyone is silent when it really matters. And that is by design. This is perfect time to act to end Russia. But naaah. 

The double standards of western Elites are insane when it comes to Russia/Israel conflict. 

We can only talk. They fool us with the carrot of democracy so that we fight over two parties that are 95% similar except for identity politics that keep the ignorant masses deluded. 

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/israel-hamas-war-us-criticises-south-africa-for-bringing-israel-case-to-international-court-of-justice-4795699

Lmao.... How do they do mental gymnastics to say this is not genocide?

Israel is the watchdog of US in the middleast. They can do anything with the support of US.

The battle is, was and always would be , with the elites and other elites. People of the same class fight with each other. 

People in the lower classes are eternally deluded to what their stance is in society. 

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

Because they're allowing them and encouraging them to leave the country, it's a takeover, not genocide.

Where are they supposed to go to? To the sea?

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Where are they supposed to go to? To the sea?

A lot of them are going to Jordan. Lebanon, and Syria.

20 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

This is such a damning video. Context: South Africa has released a 84 page essay detailing how Israel is performing genocide to Gaza, and asks for the UN tribunal to keep Israel in check and to make Israel accountable for it's military handling. Here's this spokes person for Israel:

Yes, it was a good video. Watched it yesterday. Thanks for posting it..

Posted (edited)

You will keep adding edge cases and edgy people and I will keep living the rest of the scale here in this pretty sane and great country and people you are invited to visit us I will give you a tour.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

You will keep adding edge cases and edgy people and I will keep living and seeing the rest of the scale here such a sane and great country and people you are invited to visit us I will give you a tour.

I think it can only take a small percentage of radicals to lead a society in a bad direction. What about this poll from Israel’s democratic institute:IMG_0776.jpeg
What’s your thoughts on this video:

Edited by zazen

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch Maybe you could give this little girl a tour?

Edited by kenway

Posted (edited)

Shabbat Shalom from Israel  🍞🍷

Screenshot_20240105-130448_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

2 hours ago, zazen said:

I think it can only take a small percentage of radicals to lead a society in a bad direction. What about this poll from Israel’s democratic institute:IMG_0776.jpeg
What’s your thoughts on this video:

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

Schrödinger's Palestinian: Israel is fine with Palestinians dying as collateral damage in a way they would never be okay with killing a Jew. Yet, Israel wants Palestinians to be Israelis in the way Israel constantly rejects the 2 state solution.

If you think this is a strange paradox you are blind to Israel's real intentions.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch I would advise you to leave this this thread. Let this thread become an incestuous echo chamber of lies and deceit. Maybe it will become so toxic people will go full circle and gather their senses. These people have no idea they are being played just as the Palestinians are being played as disposables by Iran. 

It's highly Ironic that South Africa is the country to accuse Israel of genocide while they themselves have mismanaged their country in such a way that life is so violent and unsafe that many educated and hard-working white South Africans are moving away and their demographics are diminishing. So if we love using loose definitions of genocide. It is South Africa that should be trailed for genocide. If they succeed in their "genocide" they will end up like Zimbabwe with their 1 trillion Zimbabwean dollar. They are too ideological and corrupt and would rather deflect than care about the genuine well-being of their country. 

My final message is that Arabs in the region respect strength more than anything else. Apart from rape being the most horrendous and shameful crime in itself. In Arab culture, it is the most shameful and unforgivable deed on a whole new dimension. Even if the Saudi's for example are not making public statements, they understand the fury Gaza unleashed upon themselves and they want Israel to stand strongly against Iran. 

Edited by Vrubel

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Nivsch said:

You will keep adding edge cases and edgy people and I will keep living the rest of the scale here in this pretty sane and great country and people you are invited to visit us I will give you a tour.

Look man, we know Israel is a rich as fuck first world country. I am sure it is an amaizing place to live for Jews and perhaps better than many Middle Eastern countries even for Arabs. Personally I would be treated well there, I can come without a visa and my country has amaizing relations with Israel since we were the only country in Europe that had a Jewish population multiple times higher since we sheltered them in at our own risk. Israel is grateful to us for that and our leaders meet often. I have massive respect for Jewish work around the world, many writters and academics I like are Jewish, like the author of Sapiens.

So for me Israel would seem a great country for the most part. No arguments there.

However, the way Israel treats Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza is absolutely disgusting to me. It makes my blood boil how they can get away with it. 

I have also heard there is some degrees of racism within the country where black or Arab Jews are treated as lower class citizens compared to white jews but unfortunately that happens in many countries still so it is what it is.

Biggest issue I have with Israel is the ridicioulous number of Palestinian civilians it kills almost yearly, not just on the current war. They had skirmishes before and ALWAYS the ratio is like 20/1. 

Combine this with West Bank being treated like a terrorist state and Israel keep expanding with illegal settlements and I cannot respect the country, at least when it comes to how they treat Palestinians.

Lastly, it baffles me how they can elect a government that literally calls for genocide of others and openly says in talk shows that all Gazans are animals and we will wipe them out. I have heard lawyers, doctors, even some politicans say such things. I sent you once a guy saying "we should turn Gaza into Dresden" if you remember.

For example when USA was attacked in 9/11, I do not think people in the USA were openly saying in shows such comments. It is 1 thing to say: "We will kill the terrorists and those responsbilie etc" and it is another to say "We will wipe out an entire group of people".

Bombing hospitals, refugee camps, humanitarian corridors etc is totally unacceptable in 2023 even if there are some terrorists there, when you know those places are packed with civilians. The highest death toll among journalists, higher than WW2, and hundreds of health staff killed shows how indiscriminate the bombing is. 

It is similar to what Russians did in Mauripol but with much much higher people dead.

And Mauripol was considered a war crime galore by most countries including the West.

You do not need to be a war analyst to see that the policy that mostly kills women and childreen is flawed.

Edited by Karmadhi

@Nivsch

6 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Honestly too many conjunctions here, so many 'ands', where a full stop or comma would have been better. Also the word 'people' and the rest of that part of the sentence felt strange, would've been better if it's another sentence. Please be mindful of your spelling and grammar here. Are you under the influence of drugs or alcohol writing this post?

@Vrubel

41 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@Nivsch I would advise you to leave this this thread. Let this thread become an incestuous echo chamber of lies and deceit. Maybe it will become so toxic people will go full circle and gather their senses. These people have no idea they are being played just as the Palestinians are being played as disposables by Iran. 

It's highly Ironic that South Africa is the country to accuse Israel of genocide while they themselves have mismanaged their country in such a way that life is so violent and unsafe that many educated and hard-working white South Africans are moving away and their demographics are diminishing. So if we love using loose definitions of genocide. It is South Africa that should be trailed for genocide. If they succeed in their "genocide" they will end up like Zimbabwe with their 1 trillion Zimbabwean dollar. They are too ideological and corrupt and would rather deflect than care about the genuine well-being of their country. 

My final message is that Arabs in the region respect strength more than anything else. Apart from rape being the most horrendous and shameful crime in itself. In Arab culture, it is the most shameful and unforgivable deed on a whole new dimension. Even if the Saudi's for example are not making public statements, they understand the fury Gaza unleashed upon themselves and they want Israel to stand strongly against Iran. 

*This. just one 'this', no need to repeat. Also your final message is lacking in common sense, and full of bad faith straw manning of South Africa and Arabs.