Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Then what are you suggest IDF to do?

You can start by being definitively in touch with IDGAF how things should and shouldn’t be. Consciousness has, and will always be, designing all of this perfectly.

Edited by Yimpa

@Nivsch If a man came into your house, killed all your children, and then took your wife as a hostage, would you kill him even if it means that you will also kill your wife? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

36 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Leo Gura 

Then what do you suggest IDF to do?

Build better defenses around Gaza and do more surgical intelligence operations.

I have also a question. If that mother would asked to leave the building 3 days before it was bombed it was ok? Because honestly this is what happened all the time during this war.

But if you ask the mother to leave, the murderer will also leave. So what is the point of bombing the building?

Also, don't forget, that building is someone's property and home. Are you okay if I bomb your mother's house when she is out shopping?

People invest their entire lives into building their homes. To just destroy it is a serious crime. Especially in areas where people are poor.

And another question why the Israeli side is "insanly biased" but the side who critisize her so harshly is not? I bet every western society would react just the same because it really seems to me inevitable in such a trappy situation.

Many intelligent people also criticized the US invasion of Iraq and drone strikes, because it is an obvious misuse of force and leads to counter-productive results.

The military has to be used with a lot of restraint, otherwise it causes more harm than good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But if you ask the mother to leave, the murderer will also leave. So what is the point of bombing the building?

Also, don't forget, that building is someone's property and home. Are you okay if I bomb your mother's house when she is out shopping?

People invest their entire lives into building their homes. To just destroy it is a serious crime. Especially in areas where people are poor.

Many intelligent people also criticized the US invasion of Iraq and drone strikes, because it is an obvious misuse of force and leads to counter-productive results.

The military has to be used with a lot of restraint, otherwise it causes more harm than good.

I get that a ceasefire is realistically not gonna happen anytime soon, but Arab Americans and young voters in very key battleground states that Biden last time won, only by razor thin margins in 2020, are threatening to not vote for Biden and the Democrats again in the 2024 general election, if he and many other Dems in Washington don't call for a ceasefire. So, would it still be better politically for a lot more Democrats, including Biden himself, to call for a ceasefire? 

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill Biden should do what he feels is right, not what will please disgruntled voters.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill Biden should do what he feels is right, not what will please disgruntled voters.

Why exactly? Presidents are elected to serve the will of the people, not do whatever they want.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill Biden should do what he feels is right, not what will please voters.

Even if it costs him his re-election? Even at the possible lost of our country's democracy being lost because Biden lost too much of the support he needed to beat Trump again in 2024?

Or will those voters probably come home by the election day, regardless of what his decision is with handling Israel?

Or will those disgruntled voters not really have a real significant effect on the electoral outcome?

Edited by Hardkill

9 minutes ago, Raze said:

Why exactly? Presidents are elected to serve the will of the people, not do whatever they want.

Presidents are elected to excercise their superior judgment, not to do whatever some vocal minority wants.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Presidents are elected to excercise their superior judgment, not to do whatever some vocal minority wants.

It isn’t a minority, the majority want a ceasefire.

4 minutes ago, Raze said:

That is according to the polls and according to the vast majority of countries around the world.

Here's an article on it from the Data for Progress website: Voters Want the U.S. to Call for a Permanent Ceasefire in Gaza and to Prioritize Diplomacy

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2023/12/5/voters-want-the-us-to-call-for-a-permanent-ceasefire-in-gaza-and-to-prioritize-diplomacy

"When asked how knowledgeable they are about the Israel-Palestine conflict, 25% of voters say they have either an 'extensive' or 'proficient' level of knowledge, while 35% say they have a 'moderate' knowledge level. Voters who get their news from social media are especially likely to consider themselves knowledgeable: 36% of voters who get news from Instagram, 33% of voters who get news from TikTok, and 30% of voters who get news from Facebook say they have extensive or proficient knowledge about the conflict.

Sixty-one percent of likely voters, including a majority of Democrats (76%) and Independents (57%) and a plurality of Republicans (49%), support the U.S. calling for a permanent ceasefire and a de-escalation of violence in Gaza."

image4.png

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

There were two other viral videos like this recently but they both got age restricted and immediately stopped rapid increase of views. I suspect it will happen to this one soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv1SpwwJEW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pjo3bJPrd8

It seems YouTube may be intentionally or unintentionally suppressing videos with criticisms of Israel…

Edited by Raze

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1. Is this can put enough pressure on hamas leaders to make them agree to free the hostages?

2. Isn't only a real threat on those leaders life and hamas's military capabilities the only possible option to make them do so?

3. Israel did more than 10 surgical intelligence operations in the last 18 years and it only lead to oct 7th.

But if those homes were indeed used by hamas to their purposes? I read an article in which an Israel soldiers says that hamas is found in every or almost every building. Even if we assume this is exaggarated, can it be though a plausible scenario in such a culture?

I found it:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/irresponsibility-compounds-catastrophe-why-the-idfs-war-against-hamas-has-lost-momentum/

"The tactics caused devastation in northern Gaza, where Hamas had booby-trapped “every other house,” in the words of IDF officials."

I understand you and respect that. But then again, are civil neighborhoods in Gaza really sterile and doesn't used as fortifications of hamas? I got the impression many of them are that way.

I agree it was counter productive there.

But I fear we don't have another choice right now because of the hostages.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

29 minutes ago, Raze said:

A good leader does what is right even if the whole world is agianst him.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I wonder if Obama would've called for a ceasefire or would've done a better job of keeping Bibi and the Israeli government in check. They say that Biden has been more pro-Israeli than Obama was when he was president. Also, during Obama's presidency, there was much greater peace in the middle east. Not even presidents Bush 2, Bill Clinton, H.W. Bush, Reagan, or Carter were as pro-Israeli as Biden has been. 

I hope Biden is making the right call on this. Although, he apparently has lately been getting more and more impatient and upset with Netanyahu.

Edited by Hardkill

With 85% of residential homes destroyed and with 1.9 million displaced people building up in the southern enclaves, Netanyahu's strategy for the next phase appears to be forced starvation and the deliberate invocation of a humanitarian catastrophe.

The trick is simple:-

Bring the remainder of the 2 million civilians to the point of near-death, and then effectively blackmail the international community (especially Egypt) to act accordingly, in accepting the Palestinians unto their territories.

Netanyahu's bargain will be: "This is no longer our problem. On the one hand you have a genocide. On the other hand you have a holocaust. It's your choice."

Edited by kenway

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But a good leader needs to have the humility to know they can be wrong. Plenty of leaders wanted to do things they thought were good but didn’t because they felt pressure by their constituents. When they don’t have such pressures you end up with people like Mao, Stalin, Hitler. 

10 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I dont think US president position matter much.

Putin is much more capable of taking radical decisions on his own because the system in Russia is totalitarian.

Same could he said about US (being totalitarian in soft way) but the difference is the president doesn't hold much power. Power lies somewhere else.

That doesn’t make any sense. Biden just unilaterally called from strikes on Houthis. If he threatened Israel with less aid or even sanctions they’d do what he said.

1 minute ago, Raze said:

That doesn’t make any sense. 

Since when did human rationality end all conflicts and wars successfully?