Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

I wrote my comment to clear up a scenario that can be murky to those approaching the story.

@Nivsch @Lila9 You guys are so biased its a waste of letters to rispond in detail.
I will just say: Hamas and the current Israeli gov. are not beneficial to open possibilities of a peaceful future, for both Israeli and palestinian citizens.
The way they handled the situation to this point is enough to support this claim.

@_Archangel_ Your comment was good.

@Leo Gura Only giga-zionist and giga-aladdin can solve this. Giga-Aladdin seduces Giga-Zionist with his magic carpet instead of carpet bombs, and giga-zionist speaks romantic verbal jew-jitsu into Aladdin's sweet ears.

Humour has its ways. 

Peace and love.

Edited by zazen

9 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

I wrote my comment to clear up a scenario that can be murky to those approaching the story.

@Nivsch @Lila9 You guys are so biased its a waste of letters to rispond in detail.
I will just say: Hamas and the current Israeli gov. are not beneficial to open possibilities of a peaceful future, for both Israeli and palestinian citizens.
The way they handled the situation to this point is enough to support this claim.

Amen to that 

@_Archangel_ And you lack the experience of living in Israel for 36 years knowing its thinking pattern way (w-a-y) better than you. Thats why I feel such an Injustice in how we are viewed abroad and also here and how different is from reality. Never said Israel doesn't make the problem worse with bad strategies, but in the macro level the amount of how the picture is distorted is enormous and I could not just stay quiet in front of that. Think however you want anyway.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

17 minutes ago, zazen said:

Peace and love.

Peace

नमस्ते

שלום

السلام عليكم

Мир

👽

At this point Israel has lost all its empathy in my eyes.

They have become what they sought never to be repeated again in the world.

Really sad.

This whole situation seems so exploitable by terrorists. All they have to do is stage a terrorist attack in the US to draw the US into another fruitless war in the Middle East.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nabd At this point I think moving the concept of  Israel into another piece of land would benefit the greater good of the region. They are just a curse that brings only trouble in the Middle East.

If there was a referendum to create a Jewish state somewhere else, where they are actually supported like Europe or USA I would actually vote pro.

Them being in the Middle East just created issues for the region.

The ultimate Helen of Troy.

But I think that was the purpose why it was chosen there by the Western powers in the first place, to destabilize the region. Biden said so himself.

Sad.

Edited by Karmadhi

22 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I don't see any other scenario where the US doesn't get involved in this war.

They already are working on a new global alliance to secure Yemen and the huge amount of army personnel and equipment sent into the middle east is so costly.

I think its in the US best interest to hit Iran and cut its size. This is not like old Iraq days. This shit is serious and the US is either allowing Iran have nukes or they will do something and now is the best time.

Iran advocated for turning the Middle East into a nuclear free zone for decades but the US blocked it to avoid Israel’s nukes from being inspected. Iran agreed to not make nukes with the nuclear deal but the US backed out and both it and Israel politicians constantly threaten to attack it and stage assassinations. The US isn’t “allowing” Iran to have nukes, it’s pushing them to make nukes for its own survival.

It is not in the US’s interest to attack Iran, that would be a massive disaster. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars cost trillions and killed a million, increasing terrorism across the world, Iran is larger than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. It would probably pull in Syria, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey. China could use the opportunity to take Taiwan believing the US won’t be willing to defend them if they are so caught up in the Middle East.

Edited by Raze

@Leo Gura That's some hyperbolic bullshit propaganda. Purposefully killing off the intellectuals to supposedly prevent moderate Palestinian leadership? The Israel Defense minister stated today that Israel doesn't want to be permanently in Gaza and would prefer Palestinian leadership that does not act (violently) against Israel. I think most Gazans won't support violent resistance anymore after this war. 

You can feel sympathy and be critical without resorting to conspiracy theories. It's clear that the mushy minds of these kinds of people twist information in such a way as to demonize Israel to the max, I have no respect for that. If you look at the military situation some intense fighting is going on and Israel is moving forward slowly and steadily, closing in on Hamas. The war will be over in a few months and then it will be Lebanon's turn if they don't reach a diplomatic solution. Let's hope to God that they do.

Edited by Vrubel

4 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

That's some hyperbolic bullshit propaganda. Purposefully killing off the intellectuals?

IDF got no qualms killing any Palestinian who criticizes their war.

They arrest anti-war speakers inside Israel. What do you think they do to those inside Gaza?

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura They mentioned it's a whole conspiracy to prevent moderate Palestinian leadership, that's false. 

I don't know if that poet was purposefully killed but his tweets did not seem very moderate or intellectual. 

I know that Israel bombed a bakery that displayed a picture as an advertisment of the old Holocaust survivor granny being humiliated by Hamas. That might have been purposeful. 

Edited by Vrubel

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They arrest anti-war speakers inside Israel.

There are also anti-war protests in Israel, nobody is arresting them. Though I am sure some minor crackdown did happen directly after the attack.

Edited by Vrubel

7 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

The are also anti-war protest in Israel, nobody is arresting them. Though I am sure some minor crackdown did happen directly after the attack.

They are arresting Israelis who post anti-war messages on Twitter. What they do is intimidate and silence critics who go against their agenda and propaganda. They are masters at manipulating PR to make themselves appear innocent.

Edited by Leo Gura

31 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@Leo Gura then it will be Lebanon's turn if they don't reach a diplomatic solution. Let's hope to God that they 

Because evacuated northern Israel residents refuse to return to their homes until Hezbollah's Radwan force will be pushed away to northward of Litani river. And they are right. They don't want another 7.10 to happen. And yes, if radwan will be pushed northward diplomaticaly it will be the best way, but I doubt it can happen without force.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are arresting Israelis who post anti-war messages on Twitter. What they do is intimidate and silence critics who go against their agenda and propaganda. They are masters at manipulating PR to make themselves appear innocent.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0iAML0uBnx/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Not sure what they did but pretty heave handed response by the IDF on Israeli Jews. Muzzle critics and if not obstruct information then obfuscate or spin it.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are masters at manipulating PR to make themselves appear innocent.

What... ? Netanyahu is the most horrendous PR master ever especially in relation to the liberal West, his greatest Allies. I hold him responsible for the fact that Israel has handed in so much sympathy because of his policies. Biden basically shunned him before the war and because of the protests in Israel. Though the 7/10 attack kinda made all the left-right politicking seem so petty and irrelevant. 

@Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

True, I remember you posted about a Russian poet that criticized the war, and then got arrested and tortured into saying he was just making it up:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/poetry-in-putins-russia