Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

and you really love the hitler comparisons i see, neat

It's not a comparison. Hitler is an important part of this conflict because it all started with 1. the prophecy and 2. hitler murdering jews

Without those two things the Jews would have never invaded 

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

You love those words huh

was it uncle hasan abi who told you those?

You love to take a sentence and think you’ve got to the bottom of the message. To get to the bottom line requires reading the whole page of text.

Daddy Abi didn’t tell me, international 3rd party organisations did. If we can’t trust Hamas or Israel due to bias we can look to these institutions or are they all wrong too?

Edited by zazen

1 hour ago, DawnC said:

Yet another example of the bias of Al Jazeera. Their narrative here is just not grounded in the reality of what is going on. Study the Al-Aqsa situation better, you will be surprised.

What purpose would it be for. I’m assuming if Palestinians are throwing rocks etc from the mosque and its to disperse them and any conflict between the far right Orthodox Jews who come there also.

Edited by zazen

@hundreth I was responding tongue in cheek and reframing just to show the nuance of the situation - that it’s not as simple as good guy vs bad guy or children of light vs dark as Bibi says.

I agree with your points.

19 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

just tear this silly temple/mosque down and build a mall already

Or make it a temple for love and humanity

for all religions, sects, non religions, genders etc

been to temple mount and al aqsa mosque btw, got a tour by an old guy it was neat

14 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Yea i was talking about it not being a necessity, there are countries that have been far longer not at war than 75 years

But that’s so partial. It’s like saying night is unnecessary because it been sunny for 7 hours.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@TwentyfirstPlease come towards conversations here from a place of relative respect, or don’t come here. I don’t wanna read your nasty posts, about how you have the right opinion and everyone else is an idiot. That you and Leo are the two smartest people here. Which, I find funny because as one of Leo’s students the things you say show me how little you actually are familiar with Leo’s work. 

For one, you come off extremely ignorant, selfish, rude, entitled and arrogant. Calling everyone here a retard is rude and unnecessary. Not just your recent reply to me but your behaviour throughout this thread over the previous days. (also my last verbal warning for that kind a behaviour).

Politics and war are complicated when trying to understand the hyper complex reality of the wants, needs, perspectives, biases, histories, etc  of all the parties involved. I’m not more biased towards Israel or Palestine. 

I can try to understand why the actors are doing what they’re doing on both sides as I try to understand every perspective or possible interprétion. See, I practice what is called epistemic humility which Leo teaches. I try to be patient, loving, unbiased, not knowing, curious, open minded, patient, truth seeking in these situations. 

You on the other hand JUST KNOW, what is right. JUST KNOW, everyone’s a retard. Give me a fucking break. 

Why did Hamas murder, rape and kidnap 1400 civilians? Why did the Palestinian Government praise Hamas for this action? Is Israel’s response correct or not? Who am I to decide this? Why would Israel react as intensely as it is doing to destroy Hamas? What is the reality of actions needed if is Israel is too see that through? What is the history of this part of the world? Of this conflict? Why has the conflict gone on so long? Why can’t there be peace? What is the global consequences of this? How will all this pain, trauma and conflict ripple out through the generations? What news reports are true? What are false? What is a valid opinion, view, interpretation, perspective? Is it really a genocide? Or is Israel genuinely trying to destroy Hamas but there are many who will be hurt because of the reality of how Gaza is laid out and how Hamas operates? What are Israel’s intentions? Which is true? What is right here? What is wrong here? What are my biases and how could they be affecting my interpretation of this situation?

There are many questions to ask here… many I haven’t due to my limited understanding and my unconscious biases.

Leo does not teach being a self centred arrogant asshole towards others, being close minded, only seeing the world from your survival bias. He teaches NONE of that. Though, you act on this way here on a regular basis. If anyone acts retarded here it’s you.

Your biases are made clear in your post. Thanks for sharing them. Start acting better around here. 

I also get the sense this conflict is very hard for you. If that’s the case I’m sorry you are suffering. But, don’t take it out on us here. 

This “treat others as you’d be treated” I agree is a very high ideal. One I see you struggle with. It’s beautiful when you can do that in a part of the world. But, at the same sometimes you need to go to war. Krishna explains it well in The Bhagavad Gita. So, in reality these morals you have again may just be your biases.

I personally find it a great great shame when so many innocent die and suffer. It’s very sad and challenging. I would prefer world peace. But, as of right now there is conflict on earth. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@TwentyfirstPlease come towards conversations here from a place of relative respect, or don’t come here. I don’t wanna read your nasty posts, about how you have the right opinion and everyone else is an idiot. That you and Leo are the two smartest people here. Which, I find funny because as one of Leo’s students the things you say show me how little you actually are familiar with Leo’s work. 

For one, you come off extremely ignorant, selfish, rude, entitled and arrogant. Calling everyone here a retard is rude and unnecessary. Not just your recent reply to me but your behaviour throughout this thread over the previous days. (also my last verbal warning for that kind a behaviour).

Politics and war are complicated when trying to understand the hyper complex reality of the wants, needs, perspectives, biases, histories, etc  of all the parties involved. I’m not more biased towards Israel or Palestine. 

I can try to understand why the actors are doing what they’re doing on both sides as I try to understand every perspective or possible interprétion. See, I practice what is called epistemic humility which Leo teaches. I try to be patient, loving, unbiased, not knowing, curious, open minded, patient, truth seeking in these situations. 

You on the other hand JUST KNOW, what is right. JUST KNOW, everyone’s a retard. Give me a fucking break. 

Why did Hamas murder, rape and kidnap 1400 civilians? Why did the Palestinian Government praise Hamas for this action? Is Israel’s response correct or not? Who am I to decide this? Why would Israel react as intensely as it is doing to destroy Hamas? What is the reality of actions needed if is Israel is too see that through? What is the history of this part of the world? Of this conflict? Why has the conflict gone on so long? Why can’t there be peace? What is the global consequences of this? How will all this pain, trauma and conflict ripple out through the generations? What news reports are true? What are false? What is a valid opinion, view, interpretation, perspective? Is it really a genocide? Or is Israel genuinely trying to destroy Hamas but there are many who will be hurt because of the reality of how Gaza is laid out and how Hamas operates? What are Israel’s intentions? Which is true? What is right here? What is wrong here? What are my biases and how could they be affecting my interpretation of this situation?

There are many questions to ask here… many I haven’t due to my limited understanding and my unconscious biases.

Leo does not teach being a self centred arrogant asshole towards others, being close minded, only seeing the world from your survival bias. He teaches NONE of that. Though, you act on this way here on a regular basis. If anyone acts retarded here it’s you.

Your biases are made clear in your post. Thanks for sharing them. Start acting better around here. 

I also get the sense this conflict is very hard for you. If that’s the case I’m sorry you are suffering. But, don’t take it out on us here. 

This “treat others as you’d be treated” I agree is a very high ideal. One I see you struggle with. It’s beautiful when you can do that in a part of the world. But, at the same sometimes you need to go to war. Krishna explains it well in The Bhagavad Gita. So, in reality these morals you have again may just be your biases.

I personally find it a great great shame when so many innocent die and suffer. It’s very sad and challenging. I would prefer world peace. But, as of right now there is conflict on earth. 

Your siding with the most evil people in the world right now

Id rather be rude and disrespectful than do that 

3 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Your siding with the most evil people in the world right now

Id rather be rude and disrespectful than do that 

Oh? Show me a quote where I said I was picking a side. 

Did you read what I wrote? 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

50 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Oh? Show me a quote where I said I was picking a side. 

Did you read what I wrote? 

You were saying that Hamas killed 1,400 Israelis but didn't mention that it's a resistance to occupation. Thats bias

@Twentyfirst I asked “Why”. Asking why something happened isn’t bias.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Twentyfirst I asked “Why”. Asking why something happened isn’t bias.

The why is absurdly obvious to the point where even asking the question is disrespectful

Why when the man raped the woman did she fight back? 

3 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

The why is absurdly obvious to the point where even asking the question is disrespectful

Why when the man raped the woman did she fight back? 

Why didn't she?

That is why I'm forcing my children to learn mixed martial arts like me. It's the only thing I'll make them do(get a black belt). 

I wish I was raped by a women. Just pin me down and do as you please, aggressively 🤪😵‍💫🤐😝😶‍🌫️

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

On 11/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

Yeah, it'd be stupid to not. But in reality many don't. Many women just "freeze up(enjoy?)" It and don't do anything. 

(deleted by mod)

I wasn't implying what women would or would not do in that situation. I was just saying that spectators would never dare ask why she resisted if she did

Edited by UnbornTao

On 11/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

(deleted by mod)

Calm down Baba. Watch from 7 min 40 sec onwards.

Edited by UnbornTao

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.