Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

No idea if this is true or propaganda. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

7 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

And you an Israeli innocent girl violently raped and shot by Hamas terrorist. Deal?

You are so angry all the time. 

Children in Gaza are systematically indoctrinated to be antisemitic:

👽

Still gobbledygook. 

3 hours ago, hundreth said:

I do agree that you need to address the core cause. I don't agree that removing Hamas requires genocide. It does require a very unfortunate series of painful events. 

In a different post you expressed support for a two state solution. I don't see how you get there with Hamas in control. In one breath we condemn Netanyahu for comments about how Hamas is beneficial for the purposes of keeping Palestinians divided, and in another breath we criticize Israel for removing Hamas. As per your words, the Palestinians require a state with full sovereignty. You simply can't get there with Hamas. Do you disagree?

There are no paths forward without significant pain and turmoil. You can call for a ceasefire now, and then have things continue as they were, with attacks against Israel followed by "mowing the lawn" campaigns, but I don't think anyone wants this. No one else is going to come in and remove Hamas, so Israel has to do it. Of all the negative outcomes and possibilities, this campaign of removing Hamas is the most favorable - with the most promise of change.

I do agree with the need for Israel to exercise extreme care and precision when doing this, and we can argue about whether they're doing a good enough job - but I think the overall cause is justified. 

So what's the next step to get us somewhere? I feel the UN needs to step in and send in a peacekeeping force. The UN played a large role in creating this mess. The Israelis cannot rule Gaza, there's too much bad blood. There's a chance for money and aid to go directly to the Palestinian people and lead to more prosperous lives. The UN needs to be on the ground to ensure this happens without militant groups like Hamas stealing the money.

I believe the greatest contributor to peace are good conditions for the Palestinian people. A proper economy, jobs, a sense of purpose, and trade between Israel and Gazans will slowly heal these wounds. Terrorism breeds in environments where there is nothing to lose. Israel does want peace with it's neighbors - this is evident when you see it's relations with Egypt, Jordan, and what was in progress with the Saudis. This is exactly what Hamas was trying to sabotage, and it was in fact successful. These peaceful bonds with surrounding neighbors are built on trust and mutually beneficial economic relations.

@zazen so you're just not going to engage in any of these perspectives? 

59 minutes ago, zazen said:

@lina That's so sad. I think it serves a purpose to display the extremes on both sides - not to play whataboutism but to open everyone to their own bias's. 

They are probably celebrating hamas deaths and not the killing of children. Fake news 

This woman is an embarrassment. I don't know if she is lying. 

Always makes me laugh to tears 😂

👽

The best part of the war if this was a recent clip. 

@Lila9 don't know what to say about this one. 

A real hero. Now dead. RIP Doctor Hammam. 

This man has become my inspiration suddenly. He is one of the heroes of this war. Sadly his loss won't be highlighted by the evil media. 

6 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

@Lila9 don't know what to say about this one. 

It's nothing compared to Hamas raping girls, beheding babies, burning people alive, cutting organs of living people, taking innocents as hostages. Do Al Jazeera mentioned this either?

👽

28 minutes ago, hundreth said:

@zazen so you're just not going to engage in any of these perspectives? 

Good post I agree with but hadn’t the time to properly respond. 

That’s exactly right, the best contribution to peace are good conditions and economic prospects which is why many opposed the siege and blockade as it thwarts economic development.

The common argument against that is that they could use that wealth for terrorism. South Africa’s apartheid ended and they seemed to have lived peacefully for now.

If both sides can get to a position of a decent amount of economic prosperity and that are interdependent on each other then I assume Hamas wouldn’t have much reason to exist.

Much like Europe after world war becoming economically intertwined to be incentivised to cooperate and not ruin a good thing - prosperity.

I think Saudi normalising ties with Israel and sidelining the Palestinian issue was taken as a stab in the back and Hamas couldn’t let that happen as you said. 

I don't know if he is making fun of Hassan Nasrallah or Ali Khamenei but it's hilarious.

Edited by Lila9

👽

14 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

It's nothing compared to Hamas raping girls, beheding babies, burning people alive, cutting organs of living people, taking innocents as hostages. Do Al Jazeera mentioned this either?

Really? It's nothing. It's sickening. 

@PurpleTree those aren't hard to watch. 

This opens a different perspective. Always found this woman brave and open. 

@Lila9 There are also examples of Palestinian kids abducted and burned alive by Zionist settlers. There is endless examples of brutality done on Palestinians. I have seen videos of cheering Israelis as a rocket launched from Israel was about to struck Palestine (old footage before these attacks).

U got monsters on both sides. Do not paint Palestinians as worse.

Radicalism and hatred are the true enemy here.

And both sides got plenty of it.

Edited by Karmadhi