Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

@Hardkill Have you really just compared giant oil exporters like Saudi Arabia with a failed state with no oil rigs like Lebanon?

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, why did Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, and Qatar gain an abundant geography but all of the other middle eastern countries could not?

All those countries except Israel are only successful due to getting lucky with massive oil fields. Without oil those places would be as backwards as Afghanistan.

Israel is the only real outlier. And I would attribute that to the fact that it is a brand new country funded mostly by European settlers with post-enlightenment European culture.

Iran has oil but it has been really held back by religious fundamentalism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

@Hardkill Have you really just compared giant oil exporters like Saudi Arabia with a failed state with no oil rigs like Lebanon?

Well, I know that about Saudi Arabia, but why can't a country such as Iran find another way to enrich their country to the level that Saudi Arabia has?

Just now, Hardkill said:

Well, I know that about Saudi Arabia, but why can't a country such as Iran find another way to enrich their country to the level that Saudi Arabia has?

They've been under sanctions this entire time.

Lebanon seems like an interesting place unfortunately very corrupt and tribal

they had a lot of refugees from palestine which made their country worse, super powers and regional powers like the us, iran, israel, france get too much involved in lebanon

one of the best cuisines imo middle eastern/mediterranean and some french influence

about 33 percent of the population are christians

beirut used to be great for parties or so i heard

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All those countries except Israel are only successful due to getting lucky with massive oil fields. Without oil those places would be as backwards as Afghanistan.

Israel is the only real outlier. And I would attribute that to the fact that it is a brand new country funded mostly by European settlers with post-enlightenment European culture.

Oh yeah that's true with Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE. 

Well, what if these poor middle eastern countries emulated the way it's been done in Israel? Otherwise, how the hell are any of these poor countries ever going to develop to any significant degree?

Edited by Hardkill

2 minutes ago, gambler said:

They've been under sanctions this entire time.

Sure, and Germany was destroyed, and divided in two, occupied by another country, and the remaining half in 10 years was sharing the leadership of the world with two or three other countries, 

or Japan, which after a national psychotic break was reduced to rubble, and similar 

Let's see the things as they are

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Sure, and Germany was destroyed, and divided in two, occupied by another country, and the remaining half in 10 years was sharing the leadership of the world with two or three other countries, 

or Japan, which after a national psychotic break was reduced to rubble, and similar 

None of these examples include economic sanctions and forced isolationism. The more appropriate comparison would be North Korea before any of these.

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Islam, bad neighbourhood, tribalism, and also in a way oil is holding them back

Edited by PurpleTree

6 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, what if these poor middle eastern countries emulated the way it's been done in Israel? Otherwise, how the hell are any of these poor countries ever going to develop to any significant degree?

They can't emulate easily because they have 2000 years of ancient culture holding them back. You can't just drop culture so easily.

The beauty of starting a new country from scratch, like Israel, is that you start with a blank slate. You can't do that in Iraq or Syria.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

Holding them back of what? Islam has nothing, only sadness.

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

And then there's your desire to debauch their women sexually for your twisted sexual arousal:

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

For example when i had sex with this muslim woman. It made me respect her heritage and culture more. But i’m not yet saved from my bigotry. I need moar

Just now, gambler said:

And then there's your desire to debauch their women sexually for your twisted sexual arousal:

What’s twisted about it?

Just now, PurpleTree said:

What’s twisted about it?

Nothing.

@Leo Gura

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is what ethnic warfare was like for all of human history all around the world.

It's just in highly developed countries we take it for granted.

Reminds me of Roman vs Carthage, who hated each other so badly the Romans destroyed Carthage and salted the earth so nothing could even grow there.

I was going to bring that up, yes the Roman empire and the Carthage empire were warring for 700 years or so, and it was so bad that Rome wiped out Carthage complete as an example for other polis to not mess with the Romans. So complete was the destruction the the Roman scholars were the only ones who written and told of Carthage.

1 minute ago, gambler said:

Nothing.

The women i talked about grew up mostly in the west, they were also some kind of feminists, anyways very cool. And i do respect them a lot 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They can't emulate easily because they have 2000 years of ancient culture holding them back. You can't just drop culture so easily.

The beauty of starting a new country from scratch, like Israel, is that you start with a blank slate. You can't do that in Iraq or Syria.

That is the problem, they have remained stagnant, immobilized,. remembering the past.  Thailand is also an ancient and poor culture, and they are happy, they move forward in their own way, and they do not hate. chinese the same, or india, They have known how to live. the islamics do not. 

The consequences for them are not going to be good at all, life does not forgive.

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So, then what do you think the solution might be for these poor countries in the middle east to get out of the rut they are stuck in?

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

chinese the same, or india

China and India have plenty of ethnic hate.

India and Pakistan hate each other. Tibet is a big issue. Han Chinese hate the Muslims.

But China and India have greatly favorable geography relative to the Middle East.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, then what do you think the solution might be for these poor countries in the middle east to get out of the rut they are stuck in?

There's no good solution other than maybe foreign aid to help educate people and build better infrastructure. It's gonna be a long, slow development curve, nothing like China's growth.

Edited by Leo Gura