Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

But the settlements are preventing a peace settlement, leaving things in an endless armed conflict.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But the settlements are preventing a peace settlement, leaving things in an endless armed conflict.

Yes, if only the Israelis gave up the settlements... then there would peace. Of course! Why didn't we think of the settlements??

5 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Yes, if only the Israelis gave up the settlements... then there would peace. Of course! Why didn't we think of the settlements??

The "colonies" of 5000 people which no longer exist for 10 years.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

22 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Yes, if only the Israelis gave up the settlements... then there would peace. Of course!

That would be the best chance for peace in that difficult place.

Why didn't we think of the settlements??

Because Zionists want to grab all that land for themselves.

That is a huge factor in the violence. But the Israel government acts like it's no big deal.

Edited by Leo Gura

Keep in mind Israel has a very sophisticated influence operation, don’t believe everything without an independent source, I’ve been seeing people pass around claims Hamas killed 40 babies but the only source was the IDF.

Edited by Raze

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That would be the best chance for peace in that difficult place.

Because Zionists want to grab all that land for themselves.

That is a huge factor in the violence. But the Israel government acts like it's no big deal.

You do realize that Israel has made huge concessions in the past including land, ceasefires, peace offers, etc. and none of them mattered? What do you hope to achieve placating a group who doesn't recognize your existence and wants you 100% annihilated? 

What you're saying makes sense in a vacuum, but reality paints a different story. After decades of attempts, the Israelis no longer believe in a peaceful solution. The Palestinians NEVER believed in a peaceful solution. That's where we are now. Of course Israel is going to grab what they can when politics are at play and the alternative has no incentive except for outside criticisms like yours. 

39 minutes ago, hundreth said:

You do realize that Israel has made huge concessions in the past including land, ceasefires, peace offers, etc. and none of them mattered?

It did matter, it's just that a final deal was never reached. They were close at times.

Some kinda deal must eventually be reached there. It's just a matter of time and lives.

I think a deal is possible. At least until last week. Now there will not be a deal possible for like another decade, until people cool down.

Edited by Leo Gura

A solution is possible with a higher level of leadership.  Those bombed out pictures of Gaza show the mentality of the current leadership of the world.  We would never accept this in our personal lives.  Oh, my car doesn’t work.  But I got a solution.  I am going to blow it up with TNT.  That will fix it. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Many times human groups have come to war. It is something completely common, but the level of hatred of the Arabs towards the Jews is higher than the level of hatred of, for example, the invaded Poles towards the Nazis, or the Russians, when they dominated with an iron fist, murdering mercilessly. The Poles would never have celebrated over raped corpses of Russian girls. It is a racial hatred, which does not depend on settlements. It's exterminating hatred, and having that around...well, it can't be easy. Know which countries neighboring you want your destruction, and there are many more than you. not defeat you, but destroy you, rape your women, torture them and then piss on their corpses while they dance. well, it must not be comfortable

6 minutes ago, gambler said:

Yeah, the hatred is total. a horrible situation. but they are bodies of enemies, men of military age, and it is at the moment, perhaps after a shooting, all the soldiers around the world do that, not people in the streets of all the Arab countries celebrating over the corpse of a mutilated 20-year-old girl. I see it different. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah, the hatred is total. a horrible situation. but they are bodies of enemies, men of military age, and it is at the moment, perhaps after a shooting, all the soldiers around the world do that, not people in the streets of all the Arab countries celebrating over the corpse of a mutilated 20-year-old girl. I see it different. 

When I was 14 years old I used to play an online shooting game and befriended an IDF soldier. He would go on to befriend these American conservatives. We formed a clique. At one point they asked him if he ever committed atrocities as a soldier, and it was a joke between all of them that he purposely killed a random Palestinian civilian during his time. And you hear this type of stuff from time to time from others as well. Like in the Jubilee video where the Palestinian had an IDF soldier kill his little sister, and still walks free. I think even the Palestinian Christian girl on that panel also described something similar happening to one of her own. It never gets out there like that when Israelis abuse innocents. But I'm sure Hamas remembers and never forgets.

Edited by gambler

This is what ethnic warfare was like for all of human history all around the world.

It's just in highly developed countries we take it for granted.

Reminds me of Rome vs Carthage, who hated each other so badly the Romans finally destroyed Carthage and salted the earth so nothing could even grow there.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is what ethnic warfare was like for all of human history all around the world.

It's just in highly developed countries we take it for granted.

Is the reason why most of these Middle Eastern countries are still so primitive and are still so dominated by Islamic fundamentalism is because they still have a poor economy and have poor infrastructure?

Edited by Hardkill

10 minutes ago, gambler said:

When I was 14 years old I used to play an online shooting game and befriended an IDF soldier. He would go on to befriend these American conservatives. We formed a clique. At one point they asked him if he ever committed atrocities as a soldier, and it was a joke between all of them that he purposely killed a random Palestinian civilian during his time. And you hear this type of stuff from time to time from others as well. Like in the Jubilee video where the Palestinian had an IDF soldier kill his little sister, and still walks free. I think even the Palestinian Christian girl on that panel also described something similar happening to one of her own. It never gets out there like that when Israelis abuse innocents. But I'm sure Hamas remembers and never forgets.

I find it strange that the Israeli military commits atrocities against Palestinians for one reason: if it were common, it would be massive since they have the capacity to do it, and there are a lot of pro-Palestinian international journalists who make documentaries and say: there are borders, injustice, unemployment, but no: they rape girls while they dance and then burn them alive

The Iranians want the total destruction of Israel and have not suffered atrocities from the Israelis. It may be out of solidarity for being Muslims, but the Iranians do not suffer for the Muslims of Chechnya and they hate the Russians for killing them, they hate the Jews for being Jews, and they would like to exterminate them

17 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Is the reason why most of these Middle Eastern countries are still dominated by Islamic fundamentalism is because they still have a poor economy and have poor infrastructure?

It boils down to geography. The geography in the Middle East is so bad that survival there is much harder than elsewhere. Requiring harsher cultures.

One of the biggest problems for Gaza is that they just don't have enough geographical abundance to ever succeed there, even if peace is magically made. Successful nations are built on abundant geography. Which is another reason why Zionists are grabbing land.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It boils down to geography. The geography in the Middle East is so bad that it survival there is much harder than elsewhere. Requiring harsher cultures.

Right. Okay, I understand that. So, why haven't Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, and other countries like those in the middle east haven't yet figure out a way to improve the living conditions and infrastructure of their own countries like Saudi Arabia, Israel, and UAE have?

Edited by Hardkill

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

One of the biggest problems for Gaza is that they just don't have enough geographical abundance to ever succeed there, even if peace is magically made. Successful nations are built on abundant geograph. Which is another reason why Zionists are grabbing land.

I see. So, why did Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, and Qatar gain an abundant geography but all of the other middle eastern countries could not?

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

Right. Okay, I understand that. So, why haven't Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, and other countries like those in the middle east haven't yet figure out a way to improve the living conditions and infrastructure of their own countries like Saudi Arabia, Israel, and UAE have?

because Islam is a failed, negative civilization, oriented toward evil. There are other underdeveloped societies, like black Africa, but there is a tendency towards peace and progress, the Philippines, Latin America, India, are poor but they look forward. Islam looks back, it is rotten