Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Why is there no part 2?? O.o

Part 2 was gonna address exactly why collective tribes get locked in endless wars.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here is what the solutions look like.

Relational Processes in Ayahuasca Groups of Palestinians and Israelis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8170481/

Healing Community Trauma in Israel and Palestine

https://acupuncturetoday.com/article/32937-healing-community-trauma-in-israel-and-palestine

So far, the Tates have given the most intelligent and realistic commentary on this recent conflict that I have seen anywhere.

https://x.com/Cobratate/status/1711079393999962323?s=20

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Part 2 was gonna address exactly why collective tribes get locked in endless wars.

:x

So this whole discussion is part 2 unfolding live.. nice. 

Let me finish part 1 in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

So this whole discussion is part 2 unfolding live.. nice. 

Everything I teach is always unfolding live.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole situation is a very good object lesson in how bias and self-bias work, how deep these concepts run, and how consequential they are.

Try to notice the meta of how bias operates.

seeing from both side on twitter, madness, aperspectival insanity freaks me out,

just like fremens, there is collective ego that drives everyone into hell; truth does not matter, belief and faith shapes reality;

it is too much tangled and messed up geopolitical situtation, it will require extraordinary spirituality + geopolitical ability to get through

MV5BNmNkNWU5NzUtNmVkNS00ZDE2LTg0NjgtNTIxNWYxOWIyM2FlXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFkcmllY2xh._V1_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

20 hours ago, Nabd said:

I tried my best to summarize this perspective, if anyone is interested in how politics actually is done in the middle east (or how it appears to us), then check this post.

Thanks for that article, very interesting perspective

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

The reality in the end is, it is profoundly difficult to witness atrocities and recognize that many of them might genuinely be unavoidable. That there can be two sides who kill each other, and both justified from their own perspective.

It's much easier to pick one side and decide they are in the right, rather than recognizing why both sides act the way they do, and maybe even must act the way they do.

I think you are right but lets not fall into a "neutrality" or "symmetry" trap here, because the value systems of both sides are utterly different.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

32 minutes ago, Fluran said:

just like fremens, there is collective ego that drives everyone into hell; truth does not matter, belief and faith shapes reality;

I didn't read much past the 1st book, what happened?

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

?

this is sad

gods ways are inscrutable, god is great, allahu ökbörk

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

If Palestinians stopped fighting, perhaps conditions would grow worse for them, or perhaps not. If Israel stops fighting, it will cease to exist, and all her citizens are likely to face the same treatment you've seen today in videos spammed across Twitter and the news today.

True.

both sides are to blame in the big dymanics of the events, but there is one side who wants to eliminate the other, and one side who wants to live peacefuly.

This is not to say that Israel doesnt make mistakes and doesnt have a long way to keep developing, but please, there is no place of comparison between Israel stage of development and this of hamas.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

@Leo Gura

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are quite a lot of rockets and some buildings bombed, Jesus. Halfway through, after they showed a child dead and the dad mourning, when the news anchor woman and the Israel correspondent talking, it was hard to watch and not get too emotional about it, Christ.

12:05 to 12:07 'At the moment we have to get the situation OUT OF CONTROL-the situation in control-' What a Freudian slip by the correspondent, Jeez. This is why don't speak too quickly. 

Edited by Danioover9000

4 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

I didn't read much past the 1st book, what happened?

even if our belief is false; we must believe, if not, we will collapse existentially

We gave them something to hope for. - That's not hope!

This prophecy is how they enslave us! - It's not a prophecy. It's a story.

stilgar (fremen's leader) - I don't care what you believe! I believe

paul atreides sees the future that he can not change, he sees future for sure, still, he is trapped in the fate of universe and collective ego that wishes and desires to make war, he even sees the future he commits suicide, but then people use his skull and worship it, and use it for galactic jihad"

Sorry if I am not seems to talk calmly about the broad more conscious picture in this thread (as I always try to see in another areas) but as an Israeli I feel I have to battle a bias of fake symmetry I see here a lot between allegedly two sides of the same coin which is not the case in reality.

Edited by Nivsch

7 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

but there is one side who wants to eliminate the other, and one side who wants to live peacefuly.

Not all israelis just “want to live peacefully”

And not all Palestinians want eliminate Israel.

@PurpleTree The far right-wing is indeed not share my values and represents merely 10% of the Israelis.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:46 AM, Nabd said:

How could anyone believe such a thing would go unnoticed by the IDF? One would need to be a special kind of idiot to not question things.

It is odd, I thought the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

And not all Palestinians want eliminate Israel.

Right. They are also spread on many stages of development as you said and i agree with this. But hamas do want.

Edited by Nivsch