Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,487 posts in this topic

@Nabd

1 minute ago, Nabd said:

In all fairness it does sound like a wild conspiracy theory, but I do have solid evidence and Ill write it down here later.

I'd be careful if it's graphic, you might get warning points for posting graphic stuff. Maybe make a journal and write it out there, but anywhere in the sub forums besides journals will get you some warnings. Got my past profile pic down due to it being too graphic.

@Scholar

15 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You need to re-read what I wrote, I have no interest in a conversation with you if you lack basic comprehension of my points.

Europe needs migrants because of their collapsing demographics:

This is another issue where in reality there are no good solutions. Israel is in a situation where it is acting in self-preservation, facing actual genocide by other nationstates if they weaken, while the palestinians obviously suffer the consequences of that self-preservation drive, and having their own self-preservation drive, they will of course fight as well.

Often times when we face true dilemmas, we tend to moralize. We don't believe that there are "unresolvable issues", we will sooner delude ourselves than face the truth in that way. We will think that one side is simply correct.

If you are not a sociopath, it is exceptionally difficult to actually admit to the flow of nature. To realize that if the gazelle does not escape the lion, it will be eaten alive, and if it does escape the lion, the lion will starve. There is no good resolution here.

This is what reality is, and this is what the palestine-israel conflict is. It is not nearly as simple as the ukraine-russia conflict. We also tend to enjoy moralizing about the past. We like to point at european colonialism, not realize that people back then were driven by survival to a degree we cannot really fathom today.

The reality is, if you did not enslave other people 2000 years ago, you would be weaker than a society that will enslave people. This means, if you did not want to be enslaved, you will have become the slave. Slavery was a necessity of human evolution.

And so was colonialism. It just takes one actor, out of all nation actors of the world, to engage in colonialism, for everyone to be required to engage in it lest they will become colonized. Life is a competition in that way. Most often, you are not given the choice whether or not to engage in moral atrocities.

People here in the west, like people on this forum, criticize the Israeli state, which is acting as a direct result of real self-preservation forces, while they themselves commit moral atrocities they are completely ignorant of, and are even unwilling to admit are atroctiries. Not because of pressures of self-preservation, but simply because of laziness.

Are you a Zionist?

Can you please elaborate on my comprehension levels?

Edited by Danioover9000

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

War makes people go mad. God is a madman.

How mad is god on a scale from 1-10?

@Yimpa

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Yes please, the less biased the evidence is the better!

Please elaborate.

@Danioover9000 You have to remember that this was Palestinian territory until Israel took it away from them in 1948. So they want their territory back. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Yes please, the less biased the evidence is the better!

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

Please elaborate.

Leave me out of this. I don’t even know where all these countries are on a map.

@How to be wise

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Danioover9000 You have to remember that this was Palestinian territory until Israel took it away from them in 1948. So they want their territory back. 

Are you trying to play reverse psychology on me? I have been arguing more on Palestine's side of this Israel/Palestinian conflict right?

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Are you a Zionist?

I don't identify myself as a zionist.

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Can you please elaborate on my comprehension levels?

What do you mean your comprehension levels? I just don't think you are trying to understand what I am saying in good faith.

What I am saying is you have way too high standards for Israel, higher than you have for yourself. You are not looking at this objectively. The question wasn't if you side with Palestine, but whether HAMAS is justified in it's actions.

You are missing the entire point why the Ethnostate exists and why Israel is acting the way it does. It isn't because people are being "immoral". Go read my other posts in this thread, my response to Roy.

If you believe western imperialism and colonialism happened because people were immoral, you don't understand evolution, human nature, and human development.

Edited by Scholar

Fun fact: The Israeli Chess Championship is a chess event held every year in Israel.

@Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think Netanyahu is as bad as liberals make him out to be. He is a reasonable guy. Right-wing but not insane right-wing like MAGA or fascists. He is not some dictator.

Sure, I'll concede to this a bit, he's a pretty reasonable right wing guy, just that this situation is so charged and rich in conflict that it's making him look the dictator to the centrist and left wing, but still ideally he should, and his party, set the example and choose a one party instead of 2 party ethnostate and mistreating the Palestinians.

@Scholar

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I don't identify myself as a zionist.

What do you mean your comprehension levels? I just don't think you are trying to understand what I am saying in good faith.

What I am saying is you have way too high standards for Israel, higher than you have for yourself. You are not looking at this objectively. The question wasn't if you side with Palestine, but whether HAMAS is justified in it's actions.

You are missing the entire point why the Ethnostate exists and why Israel is acting the way it does. It isn't because people are being "immoral". Go read my other posts in this thread, my response to Roy.

If you believe western imperialism and colonialism happened because people were immoral, you don't understand evolution, human nature, and human development.

I do have some comprehension levels to understand your point being made, it's just you were extrapolating from other contexts so I didn't follow.

You do understand there's an objective difference in power that Israel has versus Palestinians right?

I do understand why  Ethnostates exists, as well as imperialisms and colonialism, based on many developmental factors like value systems, cognitive biases and moral developments, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes and shadow selves, states of consciousness, other lines of development in life and societal domains, ideological beliefs indoctrinated by mainstream and alternative media, tv, radio, newsfeed, social media, peer pressure, community, group think, upbringing, and culture, all manufactured consent to influence you biases and preferences. Yes I have a big stage yellow brain that can eagle view the world's conflicts and global catastrophes, and see the Meta Crisis and poly crisis happening, it's all like a 4d Chinese go.

I'm only kidding, just one important question: You do understand the current power dynamic, and power abuse happening from Israel towards Palestine right?  

@Roy

20 minutes ago, Roy said:

Turkey has the best claim give it to Erdogan. They held the area for the longest duration.

Let's be historically fair so we can stop the bloodshed!

Were you the guy talking about the Dalai Lama saying how Europe belongs to the Europeans?

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Scholar

I do have some comprehension levels to understand your point being made, it's just you were extrapolating from other contexts so I didn't follow.

You do understand there's an objective difference in power that Israel has versus Palestinians right?

I do understand why  Ethnostates exists, as well as imperialisms and colonialism, based on many developmental factors like value systems, cognitive biases and moral developments, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes and shadow selves, states of consciousness, other lines of development in life and societal domains, ideological beliefs indoctrinated by mainstream and alternative media, tv, radio, newsfeed, social media, peer pressure, community, group think, upbringing, and culture, all manufactured consent to influence you biases and preferences. Yes I have a big stage yellow brain that can eagle view the world's conflicts and global catastrophes, and see the Meta Crisis and poly crisis happening, it's all like a 4d Chinese go.

I'm only kidding, just one important question: You do understand the current power dynamic, and power abuse happening from Israel towards Palestine right?  

You are misunderstanding my position. I think the palestinian perspective is valid, but I also believe the Israeli perspective is valid. What HAMAS did was not justified however, nor did it achieve anything but more suffering.

I have handled the situation with @Roy . He is no longer a Mod.

A few offensive posts and their replies have been deleted from this thread.

Please keep your political opinions respectful and civil.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Scholar

1 minute ago, Scholar said:

You are misunderstanding my position. I think the palestinian perspective is valid, but I also believe the Israeli perspective is valid. What HAMAS did was not justified however, nor did it achieve anything but more suffering.

I did say before I am not condoning or supporting HAMAS action, I said it's action is the result of many decades of oppression from Zionists wanting an ethnostate Israel, making Palestinians deport onto Gaza. Never justified HAMAS, just saying that it's action is part of that ethnocentric fallout. Yes Israel perspective is valid and important, so is Palestinian's perspectives are valid and important. Just look at a map and you can see the areas of Israel grow more and Palestinian areas shrinking. Is what Israel doing to them  good morally? Is it justified?

*deleted post*

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Scholar

I did say before I am not condoning or supporting HAMAS action, I said it's action is the result of many decades of oppression from Zionists wanting an ethnostate Israel, making Palestinians deport onto Gaza. Never justified HAMAS, just saying that it's action is part of that ethnocentric fallout. Yes Israel perspective is valid and important, so is Palestinian's perspectives are valid and important. Just look at a map and you can see the areas of Israel grow more and Palestinian areas shrinking. Is what Israel doing to them  good morally? Is it justified?

Like I said you are looking at this from a lense that makes no sense. Israel is under existential threat due to almost every actor in the middle east wanting to wipe the jews from the planet.

Israel doesn't care about your petty moral views, they are trying not to get genocided again, and they will do what is necessary to achieve that. They have far better justifications for their unfair treatment of palestinians than you have for eating animal products.

There is no strict morality that you can just apply across the board from your western lense.

5 minutes ago, Scholar said:

There is no situation where you occupy and regularly torture and randomly kill civilians of a population and constantly insult and desecrate them, and they don’t lash out. Israel isn’t going to try and create peace because it needs these attacks to happen because it justifies them in slowly having an excuse to further and further reduce and eventually destroy Palestine.