Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

341 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Please keep it on topic. I'll have to give you a warning if you share sugared up brownies. Of course, share whatever you like as long as it's not fat, greasy, slimy food fried in lard and pork fat. Lol And no Subways...

The devil is in the details.

45 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Nice channel.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Breakfast Fruit Salad 

They say fruit is best eaten on an empty stomach and alone so here goes. If I had some fresh mint,.I would chop and sprinkle over but it's fine just the same. 

Bananas,.blueberries,.Watermelon, orange, cherries and 🍓 

20240721_115826.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

On 19/07/2024 at 11:17 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Celery juice. Good for cleansing and a host of other things. Drink for 2weeks straight on an empty stomach in the morning and see a difference in blood pressure providing there's abstinence from junk food etc.

20240719_161425.jpg

Have you noticed any benefits from drinking these vegetable juices?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

Have you noticed any benefits from drinking these vegetable juices?

I just started again with the celery juice. I don't everyday because cmon, who wants to drink celery juice everyday. 

However, I was binging for a bit and I also noticed a pain in my side and knee. I decided to cut all the crap and get down to business. In 3 days of drinking celery juice, both pain GONE. The knee was from too much peanuts which has phyic acid and It was slightly swollen. All gone - back to normal. I got off the bandwagon for a bit, eating out a lot and ordering take out and binging on ice cream. No more for now as i clean up this mess. The peanuts I was eating everyday for like a month straight. I know it's the peanuts cause it happened before and when I stopped it was gone, but I started again and knee swole up again. The celery juice flushed out all that acid. It's great for a host of things.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Salmon Salad.

Grilled Salmon (S&P, Garlic/Onion Powder, Paprika, Chili Powder, Italian Seasoning

Arugula

Strawberries

Cucumber

Red Onion

Avocado

Mango

Bosch Pear

Red Pepper Flakes 

Dressing of choice. I used italian.

20240721_175407.jpg

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

DINNER:  Glazed Cornish Hens w/ Baked Sweet Potato and Asparagus/Mushroom/Yellow Bell Pepper bake.

Glaze: Molasses, Grated Garlic, Lemon Zest and Juice, Pinch Cinnamon, Paprika, Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, S&P, Avocado Oil. (Eyeball measurements).

20240723_160332.jpg

20240723_162827.jpg

20240723_180907.jpg

20240723_154304.jpg

20240723_181150.jpg

Know thyself....

18 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

DINNER:  Glazed Cornish Hens w/ Baked Sweet Potato and Asparagus/Mushroom/Yellow Bell Pepper bake.

Glaze: Molasses, Grated Garlic, Lemon Zest and Juice, Pinch Cinnamon, Paprika, Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, S&P, Avocado Oil. (Eyeball measurements).

20240723_160332.jpg

20240723_162827.jpg

20240723_180907.jpg

20240723_154304.jpg

20240723_181150.jpg

It looks good.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

It looks good.

It was good. Thanks.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

This is how i drink my 🥥 water. Straight from the coconut. Any kind of coconut will do. I then extract the meat from it's shell and eat it straight, cut up and blend to make 🥥 milk which I may use to make Jamaican rice and peas,   https://www.instagram.com/reel/C87z8ZLpI2W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  put in my curry chicken or use to cook oatmeal. I also use coconut milk at times to wash my face. It is a cleanser.

20240726_165016.jpg

20240726_165132.jpg

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

20240726_165252.jpg

20240726_165232.jpg

I buy spices whole and grind in a spice grinder.20240726_165241.jpg

20240726_174509.jpg

20240726_174712.jpg

20240726_174741.jpg

20240726_175156.jpg

20240726_175428.jpg

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

This is how i drink my 🥥 water. Straight from the coconut. Any kind of coconut will do. I then extract the meat from it's shell and eat it straight, cut up and blend to make 🥥 milk which I may use to make Jamaican rice and peas, put in my curry chicken or use to cook oatmeal. I also use coconut milk at times to wash my face. It is a cleanser.

20240726_165016.jpg

20240726_165132.jpg

Me i prefer buy this liter of coconut water at the supermarket, the one that has been pasteurized at 300°C during 3H and stocked in a storage shed for 6 years.

More simple and so yummy.

Edited by Schizophonia

16 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Me i prefer buy this liter of coconut water at the supermarket, the one that has been pasteurized at 300°C during 3H and stocked in a storage shed for 6 years.

More simple and so yummy.

Lol. Me...i like to climb the tree and drink it right up there and wait for the others to ripen before I come down. Can't get any fresher than that.

Know thyself....

1 banana sliced + 1 tbsp maple syrup (darkest type) + cinnamon = heaven (full of b vitamins)

It's very light but definitely an adequate source of energy. I pair it with peanuts and coffee in the morning.

The crazy part is how simple it is and yet it tastes better than any other processed food, although I do seriously love maple syrup. It is interesting to see that the taste of maple syrup completely evolves depending on what you combine it with. Combined with bananas it turns into something really heavenly.

Working with whole foods makes me realize that less is more a lot of times, in terms of taste. I tried to add peanuts to the above recipe and it honestly took away from the rest of the flavors in a bad way IMO. I just eat the peanuts separately for that reason.

The more simpler it is, the more pronounced the ingredients become.

Describe a thought.

7 minutes ago, Osaid said:

1 banana sliced + 1 tbsp maple syrup (darkest type) + cinnamon = heaven (full of b vitamins)

It's very light but definitely an adequate source of energy. I pair it with peanuts and coffee in the morning.

The crazy part is how simple it is and yet it tastes better than any other processed food, although I do seriously love maple syrup. It is interesting to see that the taste of maple syrup completely evolves depending on what you combine it with. Combined with bananas it turns into something really heavenly.

Working with whole foods makes me realize that less is more a lot of times, in terms of taste. I tried to add peanuts to the above recipe and it honestly took away from the rest of the flavors in a bad way IMO. I just eat the peanuts separately for that reason.

The more simpler it is, the more pronounced the ingredients become.

Sounds delish. Next time you make it, take a pic and post.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lol. Me...i like to climb the tree and drink it right up there and wait for the others to ripen before I come down. Can't get any fresher than that.

Heiiiinnnnnn !!! ; I understand now.

That's why you have a big forehead, you use it to break coconuts :o

That must sting.

On 7/19/2024 at 11:17 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Celery juice. Good for cleansing and a host of other things. Drink for 2weeks straight on an empty stomach in the morning and see a difference in blood pressure providing there's abstinence from junk food etc.

20240719_161425.jpg

A personal dev influencer that I follow actually promotes this a lot, it's said to be the most powerful supplement he's ever used.

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

So did you just fall out of a coconut tree?

;) 

Edited by UnbornTao