Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

379 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Honestly high carb is preferable I just don’t have the appetite for it, all the energy gels I found have maltodextrin and most of the grains are a pain to eat

The only time I managed to gain weight was when I was eating 300g of white rice a day

By high carb I mean 300-450g   

I eat what i want as long as it’s a minimum varied and natural. I don’t weight anything nor estimate calories.

Nutrition is over-rated, it doesn’t worth the cost to worry too much about that.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I eat what i want as long as it’s a minimum varied and natural. I don’t weight anything nor estimate calories.

Nutrition is over-rated, it doesn’t worth the cost to worry too much about that.

👍

Know thyself....

On 7/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Princess Arabia said:

This looks so good. I think I'll make it tonight. If I do, ill share a pic. Yum, yum.

20240701_202427.jpg

Nice

Posted (edited)

Molasses/Mango Chicken 

To bowl add puree mango. Add molasses, soy sauce or liquid amino, ground ginger, small amount brown sugar, minced garlic or powder, onion powder, siracha or cayenne or both (something hot), 1tbl apple cider vinegar, juice of 1/2 lime and lime zest, Olive or coconut oil or oil of choice, S&P. Stir. (Eyeball....I rarely measure)

Chicken legs. Cut in half and add to ziplock or sturdy plastic bag or deep bowl. Add marinade and let sit atleast 30mins to 2hrs or overnight.

To pot add oil and remove chicken from marinade. Add to pot and brown. Remove and add chopped onion stir 5mins, add marinade and water. Cook 5mins and add back chicken. Cook stirring occasionally till Chicken is done. Serve over brown rice.

20240710_182026.jpg

20240710_182320.jpg

20240710_182945.jpg

20240710_202241.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

On 08/07/2024 at 6:02 PM, Schizophonia said:

The question is, do you like fruit loops?

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

The question is, do you like fruit loops?

I’ve never tasted.

It doesn’t looks good.

On 7/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, Schizophonia said:

Markus is the vegan who is doing the best. 

How do you know? Does he delve into research papers? 

It has somewhat of a scammy aura around the whole thing, alse because he sells his own health products.

7 hours ago, petar8p said:

It has somewhat of a scammy aura around the whole thing, alse because he sells his own health products.

I guess if he sold other people's products he would be reputable. Or if he was Walmart, ShopRite, PriceRite, Aldies, or whichever mainstream market that sells poison it would seem less scammy. You have got it backwards.

Know thyself....

10 hours ago, petar8p said:

The fact that he doesn't look like a fallout ghoul like most vegans his age do. 😉

Btw, Dr John McDougall recently passed out. 

10 hours ago, petar8p said:

So what ? Is he Jesus Christ ?

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I guess if he sold other people's products he would be reputable. Or if he was Walmart, ShopRite, PriceRite, Aldies, or whichever mainstream market that sells poison it would seem less scammy. You have got it backwards.

Liver King came to mind as he made fortunes selling his supplements as well, but turned out he was secretly using steroids to pump himself up and used it as a great marketing campaign..

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

The fact that he doesn't look like a fallout ghoul like most vegans his age do. 😉

That is true. I was astounded by his age.

Look, I'm vegeterian planning to go vegan again but I am just not ready to take a 15 minute video in and trust everything about this guy. There is all kinds scammers, especially in the nutrition field, conflicting research etc. Don't see nothing wrong with questioning someone's authority. Why take everything at face value?

Like what makes you follow this guy exactly? Why you think he's legit? Have you applied the advice he talks about, how did it work? That is what I would like to know haha, sorry for digging in..

1 hour ago, petar8p said:

Liver King came to mind as he made fortunes selling his supplements as well, but turned out he was secretly using steroids to pump himself up and used it as a great marketing campaign..

Look, I'm vegeterian planning to go vegan again but I am just not ready to take a 15 minute video in and trust everything about this guy. There is all kinds scammers, especially in the nutrition field, conflicting research etc. Don't see nothing wrong with questioning someone's authority. Why take everything at face value?

Like what makes you follow this guy exactly? Why you think he's legit? Have you applied the advice he talks about, how did it work? That is what I would like to know haha, sorry for digging in..

Been following him for a while; him and his wife Cara. They are the real deal, proof is in the pudding. They have a whole YT channel with lots of recipes, advice, how to make products and I've even bought Markus' green supplement from wild harvested greens before. 

Know thyself....

On 10/6/2023 at 2:04 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Lol

Smoking or charring/barbecuing produce lots of carcinogens.

Well. That sucks to know :(. 

14 hours ago, petar8p said:

It's just a playful person with spiritual ideas here and there. You question and follow whoever you want yes.

Posted (edited)

Red Cabbage is a cruciferous  vegetable. Sometimes called purple Cabbage. It gets its color from a plant compound called anthocyanin. Red Cabbage is full of vitamins and minerals and has the highest dose of antioxidants than all other cabbages.

Some of its benefits includes:

Heart health/Brain Protection/Bone Health/Digestive Health/Weight Control. 

(These statements have not been approved by the FDA, so please use caution and contact your health care professional if treating any illnesses.

Vitamins and Minerals includes:

Vitamin A/Folate/Vitamin B6/Vitamin E/Calcium/Magnesium/Potassium/Manganese/Phosphorus/Zinc/Riboflavin/Thiamin.

Side Effects:

Can cause bloating and/or gas.

Can add to vegetables, soups, stews and coleslaw. Lightly steamed, use as a wrap, blend with yogurt in a smoothie, can be juiced and roasted, braised with apples for a delicious side dish amongst countless other ways.

20240719_104717.jpg

20240719_104535.jpg

20240719_162932.jpg

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

CERASEE

My friend just came back from Jamaica and brought back some cerasee and sour sop leaves. Cerasee is grown locally on the island and is a bit bitter (very bitter but I'm used to it). I boil with orange leaves to reduce some of the bitterness. It's very good for liver cleansing and blood purifier. High in Antioxidant and may help to treat and /or prevent numerous illnesses.

For more details do a Google search.

Soursop leaves can be used to make tea and is packed full of vitamins and minerals

Sour sop has been known to kill cancer cells and used inplace of chemo. (Pleased be advised this statement has not been approved by the FDA. This is only for informational purposes and is not intended to cure/treat and ailments).

Soursop (Graviola) May:

Controls parasites

Has Anti-inflammatory properties

Relieves Respiratory Distress 

Treats Insomnia 

Boosts Immunity

Improves Gastrointestinal Health

Has Analgesic Properties 

Important: These uses are very powerful and effective,.but it's advisable to consult a trained medical professional if using to treat any illnesses and especially of you're currently taking any medications.

As a general rule, do not drink any of these two teas for more than 10days straight. Take breaks in-between.

20240719_103650.jpg

20240719_104839.jpg

20240719_105006.jpg

Know thyself....

Celery juice. Good for cleansing and a host of other things. Drink for 2weeks straight on an empty stomach in the morning and see a difference in blood pressure providing there's abstinence from junk food etc.

20240719_161425.jpg

Know thyself....

17 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Celery juice. Good for cleansing and a host of other things. Drink for 2weeks straight on an empty stomach in the morning and see a difference in blood pressure providing there's abstinence from junk food etc.

20240719_161425.jpg

How do you clean the messy juicer afterwards? It’s the only thing preventing me from making stuff like this.

Sailing on the ceiling 

2 hours ago, Rigel said:

How do you clean the messy juicer afterwards? It’s the only thing preventing me from making stuff like this.

No soap needed. Just rinse. It's simple. I put a plastic bag in part that catches the pulp and I just take it apart and rinse. The part that might need soap is the strainer looking thing, forgot what its called, the part that does the juicing. I know what you mean, but i don't let it stop me because I put in my head that I'm doing something worthwhile and that's the motivator. Like Nike says "Just do it".

Know thyself....

What if a brownies recipe were to be shared on this thread? :P 

23 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

What if a brownies recipe were to be shared on this thread? :P 

Please keep it on topic. I'll have to give you a warning if you share sugared up brownies. Of course, share whatever you like as long as it's not fat, greasy, slimy food fried in lard and pork fat. Lol And no Subways...

Know thyself....