Princess Arabia

Healthy Foods/Recipes/Products Mega-thread

347 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2023 at 5:47 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Me at a previous birthday lunch in AC..

Atlantic City?

I AM nutz

Made this for breakfast this morning.

Asparagus Omelet/Homefries w/Red Onions.

Delish!

Dinner: Stewed Chicken Legs w/Asparagus and Baked Rosemary Sweet Potato

20231114_100219.jpg

20231120_133107.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

My plate after not eating meat or dairy because of saturated fat and cholesterol, eliminating all vegetables because of defense chemicals, and all seed oils because they cause cancer and diabetes.

(All of this is backed up by science and research)

ready-to-eat-1024x785.jpg

1 minute ago, MarkKol said:

My plate after not eating meat or dairy because of saturated fat and cholesterol, eliminating all vegetables because of defense chemicals, and all seed oils because they cause cancer and diabetes.

ready-to-eat-1024x785.jpg

Why are you eliminating all vegetables. Please don't overcomplicate things too much, it will drive you crazy.

Know thyself....

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why are you eliminating all vegetables. Please don't overcomplicate things too much, it will drive you crazy.

It's a joke. I'm just marveling at the wonderful ecosystem of health advice that anyone curious about health sees on the Internet.

I'm already crazy, who am I supposed to believe? 

Let the man himself tell you.

5 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

It's a joke. I'm just marveling at the wonderful ecosystem of health advice that anyone curious about health sees on the Internet.

I'm already crazy, who am I supposed to believe? 

Let the man himself tell you.

Oh I see. The veggies aren't 😂,  though. They want to be eaten. Lol. I gave up on trying to decipher so much. I just try to eat foods as close to their natural form as I can and not too much processed foods.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

A Few Household Tips & Tricks You May Find Useful:

1. Use used eggshells or crumbled foil paper to scrub hard to clean pots and pans. Put a bit of dish soap and scrub away. Won't scratch surfaces.

2. Ditch all toxic household cleaners that can contribute to COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) or irritate sinuses, throat, eyes. Instead use white or apple cider vinegar, baking soda, lemons and essential oils. Put all in a spray bottle with water and spray away. Sprinkle baking soda on a half lemon to scrub surfaces like stoves, counters and sinks. 

3. Stop using plug-in air fresheners. They are some of the most toxic products and can contribute to respiratory problems. Cleaning your home with the above-mentioned products regularly will automatically and naturally leave your home smelling fresh on it's own or you can add your choice of fragrant essential oils to a spray bottle with water and spray away.

4. To limit the time your clothes dryer dries your clothes, add a piece of already dried piece of clothing or a dried towel before drying and this will cut the drying time tremendously.

5. If you brew coffee, save the brewed beans. They have multiple uses. Can be used as a wonderful face or body scrub. Just add coconut oil or oil of choice. Leaves your skin smooth and silky. Can be used to repel ants. Can be used in potted plants to enrich soil. Amongst other uses just Google for more.

6. Ditch aluminum deodorants and most mainstream ones. Can contribute to all kinds of skin irritation or problems with the breasts. Use baking soda and/or lemon juice, (as long as you didn't shave previously - lemon juice will cause burning). Apple cider vinegar is great to splash on and wipe. Lots of great natural non-toxic deodorants are being produced now that are available. Do a search.

7. Coconut oil is great for shaving and leaves skin smooth. Just smear on and shave away.

8. Use Aloe Vera on cuts, stings and insect bites. Eat it straight from the plant for an abundance of nutrients and vitamins. Put in smoothies and also cut up in pieces and place in a jar filled with drinking water. Refrigerate overnight and drink when needed.

Polish furniture using coconut oil. Apply using clean cloth, buff and shine. Test on a small area first to make sure the furniture is compatible for use with this oil. Most are.

9. Make your own teas regularly. It's simple. Orange peels are great. Most fresh herbs are great. Rosemary/thyme/parsley/sage. Mix and match. Spices are great too, Cloves/cinnamon/star anise/cumin/fennel seeds/tumeric/ginger/lemongrass the list goes on. Just Google for recipes or YT.

10. Finally, you don't have to go crazy with this stuff. Just try to limit the amount of toxins you breathe in or ingest. It's hard to avoid all toxins that's why it's recommended to do as much as you can when you can. Don't make it a chore or complicate it. It's very simple. 

Thanks for reading.

Know thyself....

On 12/30/2023 at 11:59 AM, MarkKol said:

Lol, sad but true. The utter abundance of nutritional "science" is absolutely appalling.

Some quick cliff notes on my thoughts, for what it's worth.

1. Meat and dairy can raise the levels of cholesterol in people, but native LDL-C. for example, is not inherently atherogenic. Meat and dairy are genuine superfoods and the best way to prepare the former is an Instant Pot (to mitigate oxysterol formation while cooking.

2. Vegetables do contain defense chemicals and antinutrients and avoiding their consumption can absolutely enhance the bioavailability of the micronutrients in your food. I personally feel best with zero vegetables (I wake up at 5 AM without an alarm, do multi-hour weight training, consume zero coffee/caffeine, haven't taken a day off work due to sickness in 5 years, etc.) but some people may genuinely have gut bacteria that are behooved by fiber intake.

3. Seed oils are absolutely problematic and should be avoided outright. The reason why the "science" has been able to parse that out is because no study has ever, to my knowledge, been conducted comparing a group of people like myself who have single digit levels (as a %) of linoleic acid in their adipose tissue, to a group of folks who regularly consume seed oils.

In other words, since virtually everyone in the Western world is already riddled with excess omega-6 fats, we lack proper examples of what's possible health-wise since we lack such a cohort of people to study. For what it's worth, I consume close to 10x the amount of saturated fat as I do polyunsaturated fats, and linoleic acid constitutes only ~1% of my calorie intake.

4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

A Few Household Tips & Tricks You May Find Useful:

1. Use used eggshells or crumbled foil paper to scrub hard to clean pots and pans. Put a bit of dish soap and scrub away. Won't scratch surfaces.

2. Ditch all toxic household cleaners that can contribute to COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) or irritate sinuses, throat, eyes. Instead use white or apple cider vinegar, baking soda, lemons and essential oils. Put all in a spray bottle with water and spray away. Sprinkle baking soda on a half lemon to scrub surfaces like stoves, counters and sinks. 

3. Stop using plug-in air fresheners. They are some of the most toxic products and can contribute to respiratory problems. Cleaning your home with the above-mentioned products regularly will automatically and naturally leave your home smelling fresh on it's own or you can add your choice of fragrant essential oils to a spray bottle with water and spray away.

4. To limit the time your clothes dryer dries your clothes, add a piece of already dried piece of clothing or a dried towel before drying and this will cut the drying time tremendously.

5. If you brew coffee, save the brewed beans. They have multiple uses. Can be used as a wonderful face or body scrub. Just add coconut oil or oil of choice. Leaves your skin smooth and silky. Can be used to repel ants. Can be used in potted plants to enrich soil. Amongst other uses just Google for more.

6. Ditch aluminum deodorants and most mainstream ones. Can contribute to all kinds of skin irritation or problems with the breasts. Use baking soda and/or lemon juice, (as long as you didn't shave previously - lemon juice will cause burning). Apple cider vinegar is great to splash on and wipe. Lots of great natural non-toxic deodorants are being produced now that are available. Do a search.

7. Coconut oil is great for shaving and leaves skin smooth. Just smear on and shave away.

8. Use Aloe Vera on cuts, stings and insect bites. Eat it straight from the plant for an abundance of nutrients and vitamins. Put in smoothies and also cut up in pieces and place in a jar filled with drinking water. Refrigerate overnight and drink when needed.

Polish furniture using coconut oil. Apply using clean cloth, buff and shine. Test on a small area first to make sure the furniture is compatible for use with this oil. Most are.

9. Make your own teas regularly. It's simple. Orange peels are great. Most fresh herbs are great. Rosemary/thyme/parsley/sage. Mix and match. Spices are great too, Cloves/cinnamon/star anise/cumin/fennel seeds/tumeric/ginger/lemongrass the list goes on. Just Google for recipes or YT.

10. Finally, you don't have to go crazy with this stuff. Just try to limit the amount of toxins you breathe in or ingest. It's hard to avoid all toxins that's why it's recommended to do as much as you can when you can. Don't make it a chore or complicate it. It's very simple. 

Thanks for reading.

This is so fire, I am going to implement #7 right away, today in fact. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jason Actualization said:

This is so fire, I am going to implement #7 right away, today in fact. Thank you!

Great! Glad to be of service. Please come back to this and report how it worked for you so maybe others can be inspired to do the same. Even if it wasn't satisfactory.

Know thyself....

On 1/1/2024 at 2:21 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Great! Glad to be of service. Please come back to this and report how it worked for you so maybe others can be inspired to do the same. Even if it wasn't satisfactory.

It was a success considering I suffered no razor burn or cuts. However, I could feel my stubble being pulled more painfully than when using conventional shaving cream. Next time I am going to take a warm/hot shower first, then apply the coconut oil and shave my face thereafter.

What do you recommend for a laundry detergent? Currently I am using Seventh Generation detergent which is devoid of 1,4-Dioxane.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Jason Actualization said:

It was a success considering I suffered no razor burn or cuts. However, I could feel my stubble being pulled more painfully than when using conventional shaving cream. Next time I am going to take a warm/hot shower first, then apply the coconut oil and shave my face thereafter.

What do you recommend for a laundry detergent? Currently I am using Seventh Generation detergent which is devoid of 1,4-Dioxane.

I buy this black soap from the African store and liquify it myself and pretty much use it for everything. Dishes, laundry and shower. I also buy Dr. Bronner's soap and use that too for dishes, laundry and shower. I might buy regular laundry detergent if I'm low on the other stuff or out, but I definately only use the black or bronner soap for showering and on my skin. I'll try to upload the black soap and you can Google Dr. Bronner if you haven't heard of that brand. That's made from natural oils and is chemical-free but use sparingly as it is very potent.

This isn't the exact soap but it's similar and looks like it. Plenty of options online. Just Google black soap. I buy mine locally close to where I live direct from the African store. I break it up in pieces and put it in a large pot on the stove with water and slowly melt it down and transfer to bottles. Lasts a lot longer that way. I buy a $7 soap and it turns into about 7 16oz bottles worth. 

OIP (1).jpg

Know thyself....

On 10/6/2023 at 4:55 PM, Osaid said:

People digest differently or you might have just not noticed.

I tested legumes, had the same problem with galactosaccharides, or so I assume. I find them to be not worth consuming as a primary source of nutrition because of how tough it is to digest. Although nutritionally they look good on paper.

I prefer cereals and grains instead, similar nutrition to legumes but much easier to digest.

Legumes have antrinutrients that may mess with digestion and absorption. 

However, they can be soaked, sprouted and cooked to get rid of majority of those anti nutrients.

Then they become what they're on paper :)

@Princess Arabia Cool soap, I enjoy handmade soaps myself or, the natural ones 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"