kray

Issue with Hinduism and Buddhism being labeled as blue

12 posts in this topic

I disagree with Leo’s classification do Hinduism and Buddhism being stage blue. While I see where Leo is coming from in terms of any dogma being a dogma at the end of the day, I also believe we have to look at the specific context in which we analyze and categorize these traditions. I could be right or wrong, but I do think Hinduism at its core, along with Buddhism, is stage turquoise, not exactly blue. While the way it’s been practiced in the past few centuries has been stage blue, along with the society itself, Buddhism and Hinduism were really just about attaining enlightenment in a diverse range of forms. There’s no hell, that’s heaven, at least in the Abrahamic sense, in these spiritual practices. It’s just attaining the ultimate nature through many dimensions. Buddhism is one dimension, Hinduism (which calling a religion is an oversimplification) has many dimensions in which one can attain the ultimate. I’m also not throwing out the baby with the bath water, as there are practices and customs throughout the world which help to attain this ultimate, but I do Buddhism and Hinduism were more so organized systems of spiritual process that helped individuals attain the ultimate nature of reality. This contrasts with the abrahamic religions which historically have been used less as spiritual processes and more as political and social tools of control. Is the root of all of these religions(Christianity Islam and Judaism) all about the seeking of the ultimate? Of course! They are all nothing but forms/dimensions of devotion, or Bhakti yoga in the dharmic world. But we also can not deny that the abrahmic religions in the last 2000 years until the late 19th century were essentially tools for political and social power. What are your thoughts?

43 minutes ago, kray said:

I disagree with Leo’s classification do Hinduism and Buddhism being stage blue. While I see where Leo is coming from in terms of any dogma being a dogma at the end of the day, I also believe we have to look at the specific context in which we analyze and categorize these traditions. I could be right or wrong, but I do think Hinduism at its core, along with Buddhism, is stage turquoise, not exactly blue. While the way it’s been practiced in the past few centuries has been stage blue, along with the society itself, Buddhism and Hinduism were really just about attaining enlightenment in a diverse range of forms. There’s no hell, that’s heaven, at least in the Abrahamic sense, in these spiritual practices. It’s just attaining the ultimate nature through many dimensions. Buddhism is one dimension, Hinduism (which calling a religion is an oversimplification) has many dimensions in which one can attain the ultimate. I’m also not throwing out the baby with the bath water, as there are practices and customs throughout the world which help to attain this ultimate, but I do Buddhism and Hinduism were more so organized systems of spiritual process that helped individuals attain the ultimate nature of reality. This contrasts with the abrahamic religions which historically have been used less as spiritual processes and more as political and social tools of control. Is the root of all of these religions(Christianity Islam and Judaism) all about the seeking of the ultimate? Of course! They are all nothing but forms/dimensions of devotion, or Bhakti yoga in the dharmic world. But we also can not deny that the abrahmic religions in the last 2000 years until the late 19th century were essentially tools for political and social power. What are your thoughts?

Some of what those religions say may be advanced or turquoise or whatever you label it, but religions in general I feel are a hindrance to our spiritual growth. But, they do play a vital role in increasing our faith in a higher power.

8 minutes ago, An young being said:

Some of what those religions say may be advanced or turquoise or whatever you label it, but religions in general I feel are a hindrance to our spiritual growth. But, they do play a vital role in increasing our faith in a higher power.

Yea i understand that perspective, especially in a more modern, scientifically driven society we see religion more as relics of the past with some value in morality.

5 minutes ago, kray said:

Yea i understand that perspective, especially in a more modern, scientifically driven society we see religion more as relics of the past with some value in morality.

Still they had the same discussions as we now do in the forum, some of which became a part of the religion considering its high value, as spirituality didn't and doesn't need science to get developed.

Buddhism is Blue in the Asian countries where it is a proper religion. In the West Buddhism is more like Green and not even a religion but a New Age philosophy.

Don't forget, there is also Green Christianity. Not all Christians are Blue.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddhism is Blue in the Asian countries where it is a proper religion. In the West Buddhism is more like Green.

Can you give examples on green Christianity? 

Probably people in blue zones.. Although they are kinda blue in their worldview, just happened to live very healthy lifestyles and have very nurturing psychologically healthy communities

Edited by Hello from Russia

19 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Michael Beckwith.

There are progressive, very open preachers. Even the new Pope leans pretty Green. He's quite progressive on social issues and he criticizes capitalism and homophobia.

Green Christians tend to be multi-denominational, even inviting Buddhists to their churches to give talks.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Probably people in blue zones.. Although they are kinda blue in their worldview, just happened to live very healthy lifestyles and have very nurturing psychologically healthy communities

Christians that accept gays is an example of SD green. Or gnostic Christians mostly too.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even the new Pope leans pretty Green. He's quite progressive on social issues and he criticizes capitalism and homophobia.

Green Christians tend to be multi-denominational, even inviting Buddhists to their churches to give talks.

Who am I to judge gay? if they search for the Lord it's okay

Edited by Hello from Russia

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even the new Pope leans pretty Green. He's quite progressive on social issues and he criticizes capitalism and homophobia.

Ah, this makes sense now…. progressives who argue that the Pope isn’t doing enough about LGBT issues are acting foolish. The Pope can’t be as radical as Jesus Christ, otherwise there’d be a possibility that the Pope would be excommunicated (or even worse). Then, close to a billion people would be left very disoriented, which would inevitably also lead to the destabilization of humanity as a whole.

God is a damn genius.

@Hello from Russia 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddhism is Blue in the Asian countries where it is a proper religion. In the West Buddhism is more like Green and not even a religion but a New Age philosophy.

solid green christianity, this church got a lot of criticism from other christians especially because of this video, he is basially saying jesus understod the wonders of him being united with the christ(christ here is not jesus, but also jesus), and he wanted to teach other to become one with god aswell.   

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

There's a church in Portland that has Spiral Dynamics by Don Beck and The Religion of Tomorrow by Ken Wilber as recommended readings.

https://www.pearlchurch.com/recommended-books

I have also heard once about a church that had invited yoga people and held a yoga class inside the church for the believers.

Edited by Girzo