Incognito

Divine Madness

16 posts in this topic

Divine madness, also known as theia mania and crazy wisdom, refers to unconventional, outrageous, unexpected, or unpredictable behavior linked to religious or spiritual pursuits. Examples of divine madness can be found in Hellenism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism, and Shamanism.

It is usually explained as a manifestation of enlightened behavior by persons who have transcended societal norms, or as a means of spiritual practice or teaching among mendicants and teachers. These behaviors may seem to be symptoms of mental illness to mainstream society, but are a form of religious ecstasy, or deliberate "strategic, purposeful activity,"[1] "by highly self-aware individuals making strategic use of the theme of madness in the construction of their public personas".[2]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_madness

I think this is a very interesting, yet dangerous way to play with your psyche. In our modern world, people value external validation more than ever and consciously playing the madman would be a great trigger for the ego. Maybe Connor Murphy tried something like this but I wonder if there are people brave enough to act crazy without losing their minds, considering that nowadays others approval is so vital to function well in society. What are your thoughts on this?

Yeah, I've been feelin it.

That's why I call people spiritual rats.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think that's the true art of living: Going stark raving mad while at the same time remaining completely grounded internally.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, I've been feelin it.

That's why I call people spiritual rats.

Interesting. Do you think there's a healthy way to implement this without harming yourself or others? I've been through something similar recently and it revealed really weird stuff about my unconscious. I haven't been aware that my ego would be so resistant to other's disapproval and criticism.

Edited by Incognito

9 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Do you think there's a healthy way to implement this without harming yourself or others?

Yes. Just don't do anything too harmful to others.

Make a distinction between major devilry and minor devilry.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Incognito said:

Do you think there's a healthy way to implement this without harming yourself or others?

If you’re thinking that “healthy” means without any release of difficult emotions and avoiding facing your fears head on, then you’re sadly mistaken.

Think of it like an intense video game boss fight. You’re gonna get your ass pretty beat up, especially as you’re still in the beginning stages of understanding how the boss functions.

This in and of itself does not mean that you’re doing something wrong. Are you learning after you lose? Are you improving when you try the boss fight again? Or are you stuck using the same methods that haven’t been working before, yet you keep insisting that they do?

@Incognito 

It's one of the best tactics religions use to keep their followers dumb, and it's how they generally survive.

The interesting thing is that you don't have to be or act like a madman to get the same or "better" result. That's way more sneaky.

44 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

If you’re thinking that “healthy” means without any release of difficult emotions and avoiding facing your fears head on, then you’re sadly mistaken.

Think of it like an intense video game boss fight. You’re gonna get your ass pretty beat up, especially as you’re still in the beginning stages of understanding how the boss functions.

This in and of itself does not mean that you’re doing something wrong. Are you learning after you lose? Are you improving when you try the boss fight again? Or are you stuck using the same methods that haven’t been working before, yet you keep insisting that they do?

Well, I'm suffering from really bad social phobia and anxiety and realized this has to do with what other people think about me, besides my past trauma. But recently, I've showed my ugly side without trying to look pretty or sane in other's eyes and I've been called crazy and a loser. I had no desire to change their opinions so I confirmed them how crazy and loser I am. From this point, I started noticing how my ego is challenged to change its fate for the better or worse and I decided that I should play the worst role society expects from me. I think being an outcast is the most genuine role one can play, although someone need to have a clear understanding about who they are and how society are influencing them. This is not a child play. It can damage someone's self worth and image to such a point that it can make you literally go insane.

As for the learning, surely, if you aren't ready to face your own demons then it's just another game crafted by the ego. To become truly detached you should care less about what others think of you and this applies to anybody, in all situations without having to deal with anxiety or social phobia.

Edited by Incognito

3 minutes ago, Incognito said:

But recently, I've showed my ugly side without trying to look pretty or sane in other's eyes and I've been called crazy and a loser.

Those people are definitely not worth your time and attention. Don’t give them an ounce of validation, because they themselves have not gone through what you’re going through. They’re projecting judgements only based on their limited life experiences.

You’re not crazy or a loser. And this is not some pet theory of mine or trying to reassure you. I just happen to understand and have direct experience of what you’re going through. 

When you start getting some control over reality it is like schizophrenic insanity. I've experienced some of that

'Learn to quiet your mind' - haidakhan babaji

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

1 hour ago, Jowblob said:

When you start getting some control over reality it is like schizophrenic insanity. I've experienced some of that

'Learn to quiet your mind' - haidakhan babaji

what do you mean by control over reality?

Everyone is crazy.  And they know it . But they just don't want to admit it because of how radical it is .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Everyone is crazy.  And they know it . But they just don't want to admit it because of how radical it is .

Agreed. We are all wearing masks and most of the people identify with them. That's why acting in a way that others don't expect or like consciously and be ready for their judgements without taking anything personally is true mastery. Just that you should know where you should stop. The problem arises when you're identifying with the role you're playing. It seems that we are all actors on the scene of life.

Edited by Incognito

13 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

what do you mean by control over reality?

Using my mind to control my dream, like drinking infinite milk, changing appearance of things or myself. It's hard to quiet your mind in the new higher consciousness thus insanity will be occuring everywhere because you can't let go of your attachments, you will hear construction/working sounds everywhere.

@Oppositionless

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

On 10/3/2023 at 5:52 PM, Someone here said:

Sure. But you gauge people if they are ready to hear radical stuff or not. For example, I went on a date tonight, and somewhere along the line (literally as we were both sitting on a rope hammock),  we talked about religion. I then mentioned spirituality and alluded to deep truths that she’s never experienced before, but I could tell it was starting to freak her the fuck out. Before it got too intense, I calmed her down by redirecting her attention and we did another activity; I didn’t bother discussing about it further, instead went back to more down-to-earth sort of stuff.

Edited by Yimpa

@Oppositionless its tantric meaning you get control over your dream. You can sit there insanely repeating the name of a God and they will help you if you do it right

Edited by Hojo