An young being

Hurt others' ego as much as possible

138 posts in this topic

The problem with abuse is you can be stuck in it without even realizing that you’re in an abuse cycle. You may cope with it via religion, family, friends… basically distracting yourself from the abuse.

Or not, as those systems can be core to the abuse.

I used to go to a religious school that had a few abusive teachers; I had a few family members and friends who were bullies. A few may not seem like a big deal, but even one abuser can make a huge dent in your life.

57 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm specifically referring to social abuse. You should read some of the modern psychological studies on trauma (e.g. the ACE study).

I am not talking about social abuse here. Please read my previous posts carefully. I have pit them here for reference:

• When it comes to Spirituality, ego is the main obstacle. Whenever we learn some new insight through some Spiritual practice or other means, it pulls us one step up, but when you see down from there and think you are above others, the whole staircase moves two steps distance down. This section is all about Spirituality, so if you want to do something good for the people here, hurt their ego as much as possible, so that the entire staircase moves upwards, but make sure your staircase is not moving down in that process.
  • This is applicable to people who are suffering and see Spirituality as a way out, and I agree it will hurt them, but I am talking about people who have firm beliefs regarding Spiritual concepts (and I believe that constitutes most of the forum members) and hurting their ego is for their own good. Sorry that I didn't add the word Spiritual before ego.

I disagree that ego is a problem. It is, however, a serious problem to be pushing away your personal problems and to avoid facing fear. 

Convincing yourself that ego is a problem is a great recipe for avoiding actual spiritual and personal work. 

57 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Very wrong.

Kids "born in the lap of luxury" will become hypermetabolic, physically attractives and very creatives will kids born in poverty will become smaller and dumber. 

Wolf law is wrong and giga cope.

Only their body will become like you have mentioned, but their mental strength and their power over their own mind would have developed multifold. Most of the people around me from stuck in poverty and in hard working families have become great leaders, whereas those born in rich families destroy their parents inheritance.

3 minutes ago, An young being said:

I am not talking about social abuse here. Please read my previous posts carefully. I have pit them here for reference:

• When it comes to Spirituality, ego is the main obstacle. Whenever we learn some new insight through some Spiritual practice or other means, it pulls us one step up, but when you see down from there and think you are above others, the whole staircase moves two steps distance down. This section is all about Spirituality, so if you want to do something good for the people here, hurt their ego as much as possible, so that the entire staircase moves upwards, but make sure your staircase is not moving down in that process.
  • This is applicable to people who are suffering and see Spirituality as a way out, and I agree it will hurt them, but I am talking about people who have firm beliefs regarding Spiritual concepts (and I believe that constitutes most of the forum members) and hurting their ego is for their own good. Sorry that I didn't add the word Spiritual before ego.

Ok. A clearer way to put that is that you should challenge people's belief systems. "Hurt other's spiritual egos" has a loaded connotation. Aiming to awaken others has to be approached highly intelligently and with care.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok. A clearer way to put that is that you should challenge people's belief systems. "Hurt other's spiritual egos" has a loaded connotation. Aiming to awaken others has to be approached highly intelligently and with care.

Sometimes that process doesn’t look pretty or functional, however (as I mentioned below). Sometimes you have to go through hell, but don’t stay there!

27 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You may be right, but there are two ways to challenge others belief systems and I am talking about the second one as quoted below:

On 03/10/2023 at 0:27 PM, An young being said:

Spiritual ego: You have discovered something new based on your experience or understanding and you try to establish it as ultimate truth, denying everything else as false. You feel superior as a result of it.

So, there are two ways to deal with such ego of others:

1. The flower way: You try to deny them with kind words and try to establish your points step by step, hoping they will understand your points as well. This will work for people with an open mind, but doesn't work for those with a strong ego.

2. The lion way: You strongly oppose their points, by giving them a slap in their face, with the hope that they might realise that their points are not the only right ones. This doesn't mean you should attack them personally or use similar tactics. It simply means to prove their points wrong with strong valid points, but not worrying about whether they will be hurt in the process, hoping that it will be good for them in the long term.

I was talking about the second way here.

19 minutes ago, An young being said:

You may be right, but there are two ways to challenge others belief systems and I am talking about the second one as quoted below:

I say be intelligent about it. Do what is appropriate in each situation. A one-size-fits-all solution is generally not that.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

kids born in poverty will become smaller and dumber. 

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard....well, almost.

Know thyself....

15 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Not as ridiculous as stating that 1 + 1 = Love 

xD

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Statistically speaking, and very generally, it's true.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Very wrong.

Kids "born in the lap of luxury" will become hypermetabolic, physically attractives and very creatives will kids born in poverty will become smaller and dumber. 

Wolf law is wrong and giga cope.

You have no idea how ignorant you are. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Also, this sentence could be interpreted in two ways. In one way, you could say that "some" refers to other people (they will resist the light of your consciousness), but you could also interpret it as referring to yourself, meaning that when you're trying to "hurt" the "egos of others" you're really just resisting the light of your own consciousness!

I would argue it could be interpreted in infinite ways, but in order to not sound like an LG parrot, I will keep my mouth shut 

Fun fact: I have an LG fridge and washing machine. 
The products are decent, but the customer service is trash.

Edited by Yimpa

42 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I say be intelligent about it. Do what is appropriate in each situation. A one-size-fits-all solution is generally not that.

Yep! If it is a website, I can list all the ways to do something right, but in a forum, it's all about having discussions about a particular thing, no matter of it is right or wrong. But, finally we can come to conclusions like this while the idea also gets its required impact.

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What if instead of trying to shatter the egos of others, you shattered the belief of "other egos"? "Unconsciousness" is a shade of consciousness. Look beyond the shade of their consciousness and go straight for that which illuminates them, which is YOUR consciousness! If your consciousness shines bright, it will be noticed. Some will be inspired, some will resist. There is nothing you've got to do to aid this process. It unfolds naturally. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show they're putting on for you. 

You may be right, and what you say is good for me as an individual soul, but everything happening happens with interconnectedness. You don't need everyone to follow ideas like this. But even a few trying to follow it will impact others in a good way. I might just simply post my ideas and sit back and relax and enjoy the show like you have mentioned, if everyone does the same, there will remain a few set of people who resist all or most of other's ideas and they will remain the same always without improvement. Those set of people will or might get benefitted by this idea followed by me or someone else.

36 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Not as ridiculous as stating that 1 + 1 = Love 

xD

1+1=11...now, that's unriduculous.

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You have no idea how ignorant you are. 

Did you read about the ACE study?

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I have not (perhaps you can link it!), but interestingly I think I’m on the asexual spectrum (been in the back of my mind for almost a decade).

I’m still exploring my sexuality, and I’ve learned to accept being different and not force myself to fit into society’s inflexible standards (while also focusing on cultivating my own unique and authentic path).

The reason I bring this up is because if we can be open to seeing that others may very well be living in a very different paradigm than us, then the need to “hurt others’ egos” in abusive ways can diminish significantly. There’s also no need to force others unwillingly to be part of our own bubble of reality, and vice versa.

Just food for thought for all (wrote this while eating Panda Express… sorry, can’t virtually share it with our current technology!)

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I took a very brief look at it and it's more related to childhood trauma and it's impact on people's future violence, victimization and cognitive development, not being smaller and dumber, that's the statement we're referring to. 

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I have not (perhaps you can link it!), but interestingly I think I’m on the asexual spectrum (been in the back of my mind for almost a decade).

I’m still exploring my sexuality, and I’ve learned to accept being different and not force myself to fit into society’s inflexible standards (while also focusing on cultivating my own unique and authentic path).

The reason I bring this up is because if we can be open to seeing that others may very well be living in a very different paradigm than us, then the need to “hurt others’ egos” in abusive ways can diminish significantly. There’s also no need to force others unwillingly to be part of our own bubble of reality, and vice versa.

Just food for thought for all (wrote this while eating Panda Express… sorry, can’t virtually share it with our current technology!)

So true. 

Know thyself....