An young being

Hurt others' ego as much as possible

138 posts in this topic

Just now, Incognito said:

The thread should be something like "Hurt other's ego in such a way that it will hurt your own ego"

What do you mean exactly?

I think hurting egos - your own or others - is not productive at all. That's precisely what gets an ego to defend itself and get even bigger.

Confronting your ego on the other hand is another story. You don't have to hurt your ego for this, it will happen anyway. It will get triggered by life.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

31 minutes ago, An young being said:

See, this is working right now. You are trying to hurt my ego and so I have to rethink what I have said. If you are not aware that you are hurting others' Spiritual ego, your goal here is not to help them but to strengthen your own ego. Doesn't it need some hammering?

Your misinterpreting, you don’t need to intentionally hurt people to help them grow!

im telling you that this is a shallow way to go about helping people, it’s unnecessary!

my goal wasn’t to strengthen my own ego it was to make you aware that your way of helping people is silly and unproductive. And I wasn’t intentionally trying to hurt you to force you to realise that in the process.

Edited by Francis777

@An young being you’ve just assumed that I was trying to hurt your ego because that’s what you believe is the right way of going about this.

@An young being My perspective is different. The barrier between us and progress is our beliefs and burdens. We access freedom from beliefs by examining them. Burdens are thought/feeling loops buried in our bodies. The pathway to success is to embrace and experience them. The ego is not the barrier. The ego is the self of experience that has the limitation of not knowing what's going on as it seeks to remember what it is in reality. 

There’s a difference between guiding others out of chains that they’re unaware of vs. reinforcing a false idea that they’re stuck in chains that they’ll never get out of.

@Francis777 Yes, that's right. Only help people who permit you. I don't channel now. I'm able to do this, but I won't. What I will do is help somebody who permits me. Even then, I won't tell them what I'm seeing. I'll ask questions. This is challenging, but it's necessary!

@vibv This is a very good point and a true statement. When you tell somebody the truth rather than help them discover their truth, it creates immediate resistance. I'm not saying not to tell the truth. It's a matter of context and getting permission.  

23 minutes ago, Larry Kaul said:

@Francis777 Yes, that's right. Only help people who permit you. I don't channel now. I'm able to do this, but I won't. What I will do is help somebody who permits me. Even then, I won't tell them what I'm seeing. I'll ask questions. This is challenging, but it's necessary!

Yeah, you can’t intrude unless they ask you, after all it’s their journey not yours.

Send love to everything and everyone. Love dissolves all mess. All the manipulating of energy isn't necessary. Just love the shit out of it and all fear dissolves.

Know thyself....

There is no right way or wrong way to help people as each process has pros and cons. For example if I needed to raise an army, your way of trying to get them into shape would not be effective. There is a masculine way of training people and a feminine way of training people. The method majority of you are sharing is good in peace times, where you can help someone deal with their emotional issues. But if I dropped you on an island and stuff needed to get done then all this talk on how best to reach people falls by the way side.

Don't be so quick to dismiss different methods of training, suffering and pain are VERY BENEFICIAL in certain circumstances and in others THEY ARE NOT. It is always RELATIVE to the situation at hand. If you get locked into any perspective you are just limiting your intelligence and making yourself dumb to a certain way of thinking.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

56 minutes ago, vibv said:

Dude, please stop kidding yourself. That's just an excuse to be an asshole. I've met people like that and it was just exhausting and not very productive.

Noted.

52 minutes ago, Incognito said:

The thread should be something like "Hurt other's ego in such a way that it will hurt your own ego"

Sounds like an interesting idea!

38 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Your misinterpreting, you don’t need to intentionally hurt people to help them grow!

im telling you that this is a shallow way to go about helping people, it’s unnecessary!

my goal wasn’t to strengthen my own ego it was to make you aware that your way of helping people is silly and unproductive. And I wasn’t intentionally trying to hurt you to force you to realise that in the process.

Your points make sense and sorry if you were offended. But, if you are interacting with someone who keeps repeating their points of understanding without being open to others ideas, I believe hurting their ego definitely helps. 

15 minutes ago, An young being said:

Your points make sense and sorry if you were offended. But, if you are interacting with someone who keeps repeating their points of understanding without being open to others ideas, I believe hurting their ego definitely helps. 

Do we have a language barrier? Am I confusing you trying to say being extremely firm and insistent with people, with directly making them feel bad about their position, hurting them?

Does a flower grow if you step on it?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Does a flower grow if you shit on it?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What would your motivation be for acting that way?

I don't see how that would be helpful, except perhaps done occasionally in very specific situations. But it would have to affect another positively, not done for yourself.

Perhaps you adopt the role of facilitator and see that another is stuck in a perspective, so you take a stab at his attachments so that he eases up on it.

Edited by UnbornTao

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Does a flower grow if you step on it?

It can depends on how often it gets stepped on. Flowers can grow between the cracks in concrete.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Makes great fertilizer!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Certainly if you piss on it.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

It can depends on how often it gets stepped on. Flowers can grow between the cracks in concrete.

So then, should we step on it "as much as possible" as proposed by the OP, or just a little? Or should we maybe not even step on it, but instead maybe expose it to the weather a little (unless there is a storm)? 

Fun personal story: my mom grows leafy greens in her garden every summer; one patch is inside a mini-greenhouse, the other is exposed to the weather of the Norwegian West Coast, known for heavy rain. The leaves on the ones inside the mini-greenhouse are smooth and thin, like a baby's skin, while the outside ones are rough and thick, like an alligator's skin. It goes to show that the right form of friction, preferably the natural kind that the organism is built to handle, and in the right amounts, makes a stronger, tougher organism. Now, is being exposed to social abuse really that for humans? Meh.

Edited by Carl-Richard