An young being

Hurt others' ego as much as possible

138 posts in this topic

When it comes to Spirituality, ego is the main obstacle. Whenever we learn some new insight through some Spiritual practice or other means, it pulls us one step up, but when you see down from there and think you are above others, the whole staircase moves two steps distance down. This section is all about Spirituality, so if you want to do something good for the people here, hurt their ego as much as possible, so that the entire staircase moves upwards, but make sure your staircase is not moving down in that process.

Edited by An young being
Some instead of sold

Kind of. You've got to poke the ego not hammer it. Build some trust that you mean well. If you keep hitting it, the protector personality comes out, and then that shuts you out entirely. Most arguments are two protector parts of the individuals going at it. In that state the ego actually strengthens itself, it gains separation from you. - This is why demonizing the other side of something, only strengthens it.

In the spirit of that - the ego is a part of you, that you have to learn to love, like everything else.

3 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Kind of. You've got to poke the ego not hammer it. Build some trust that you mean well. If you keep hitting it, the protector personality comes out, and then that shuts you out entirely. Most arguments are two protector parts of the individuals going at it. In that state the ego actually strengthens itself, it gains separation from you. - This is why demonizing the other side of something, only strengthens it.

That's why it's important to watch out for our own ego levels when crictizising others. An open mind is a good place to start.

2 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

In the spirit of that - the ego is a part of you, that you have to learn to love, like everything else.

True. We are not trying to destroy the ego, but enlarging it as much as possible. Enlarging ego doesn't mean being more egoistic, but to include everyone and everything around you as a part of yourself. When I include your ego as a part of mine, I don't have any hard feelings in crictizising or being crictized, because I am just crictizising myself for fun!

This is toxic, let people progress at their own pace. People suffer enough from their own ego, they don't need you hammering down on them.

You can help people work through their ego without deliberately trying to hurt them.

@An young being If every single person on this forum tried to hurt your ego as much a possible just so you could progress faster it would likely do more damage than good.

@Francis777 It’s also good to be aware of when you hurt others without them needing to explicitly tell you first. That’s a hallmark example of maturity.

Hurting egos isn't bad, but be prepared to face ego backlash. What you give is what you experience so if you give them the hammer, they will give you the same.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Yimpa agreed. Although I think this is more of a social skill that you develop, as opposed to just making sure you have good intentions.

your not necessarily immature just because you can’t read between the lines.

7 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Hurting egos isn't bad, but be prepared to face ego backlash. What you give is what you experience so if you give them the hammer, they will give you the same.

Yes, I’ll reform my answer. It isn’t inherently bad, you just need to go about it in loving way, sometimes that means not doing it at all.

2 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

agreed. Although I think this is more of a social skill that you develop, as opposed to just making sure you have good intentions.

your not necessarily immature just because you can’t read between the lines.

Thank you. That’s a deficiency of mine and something I’ve been working on ^__^

1 hour ago, An young being said:

so if you want to do something good for the people here, hurt their ego as much as possible,

Don't do that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Thank you. That’s a deficiency of mine and something I’ve been working on ^__^

☺️ As long as your hearts in the right place. The rest can be fine tuned over time. No need to stress.

33 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

This is toxic, let people progress at their own pace. People suffer enough from their own ego, they don't need you hammering down on them.

You can help people work through their ego without deliberately trying to hurt them.

This is applicable to people who are suffering and see Spirituality as a way out, and I agree it will hurt them, but I am talking about people who have firm beliefs regarding Spiritual concepts (and I believe that constitutes most of the forum members) and hurting their ego is for their own good. Sorry that I didn't add the word Spiritual before ego.

35 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Francis777 It’s also good to be aware of when you hurt others without them needing to explicitly tell you first. That’s a hallmark example of maturity.

If you are not aware of that, your own ego is in need of a similar hammering.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't do that.

Why not? PS: By ego, I meant Spiritual ego, the ego you get because of your knowledge on Spirituality.

7 minutes ago, An young being said:
47 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

If you are not aware of that, your own ego is in need of a similar hammering

See this is just immature and stupid in itself, not everyone is born with good social interpretation. Why would you hammer someone for that. Grow up.

People lacking in this has nothing to do with spiritual ego as well so your contradicting yourself.

Edited by Francis777

3 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

See this is just immature and stupid in itself, not everyone is born with good social interpretation. Why would you hammer someone for that. Grow up.

See, this is working right now. You are trying to hurt my ego and so I have to rethink what I have said. If you are not aware that you are hurting others' Spiritual ego, your goal here is not to help them but to strengthen your own ego. Doesn't it need some hammering?

Lately, I've been thinking that I should play with people's egos but in such a way that it would trigger mine. When others are triggered, they will try to make you feel like a piece of sh*t just to feel better about themselves which is interesting because if you want to become truly ego free, then you shouldn't take anything personally - neither their reaction, nor your rude behavior that is triggering their reaction to make you feel like a piece of sh*t because you aren't behaving in a loving way. Btw, this reminded about a scene from Fight Club:

27 minutes ago, An young being said:

If you are not aware of that, your own ego is in need of a similar hammering.

Dude, please stop kidding yourself. That's just an excuse to be an asshole. I've met people like that and it was just exhausting and not very productive.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

3 minutes ago, vibv said:

Dude, please stop kidding yourself. That's just an excuse to be an asshole. I've met people like that and it was just exhausting and not very productive.

The thread should be something like "Hurt other's ego in such a way that it will hurt your own ego"

Edited by Incognito