mrPixel

Psychedelics are spiritually useless (LSD, DMT, mush)

31 posts in this topic

@mrPixel I'm just curious how you use substances. The mystical part comes from being alone in silent darkness with your eyes closed for 6 to 12 hours. Using substances with a group, at a party, going out dancing, in combination with alcohol or other drugs, watching movies, etc is not going to bring mystical experiences. Taking heroic doses with eyes closed, in the dark, alone, with earbuds in, and an eye mask on will likely bring mystical experiences. It helps to set your intention, control "set and setting," and then integrate the experience.

It helps to be on a journey of self help books, reading, therapy, fasting, healthy living, exercising, vegetarianism, drinking water, sleeping well, etc to get the mystical experiences with substances.

Does any of this apply to you?

On 10/1/2023 at 5:43 AM, Leo Gura said:

Of course you're skeptical. They just don't work on you.

This issue is deeper than you give it credit.

Which issue are you referring to?

On 10/3/2023 at 6:48 AM, Soul Flight said:

@mrPixel I'm just curious how you use substances. The mystical part comes from being alone in silent darkness with your eyes closed for 6 to 12 hours. Using substances with a group, at a party, going out dancing, in combination with alcohol or other drugs, watching movies, etc is not going to bring mystical experiences. Taking heroic doses with eyes closed, in the dark, alone, with earbuds in, and an eye mask on will likely bring mystical experiences. It helps to set your intention, control "set and setting," and then integrate the experience.

It helps to be on a journey of self help books, reading, therapy, fasting, healthy living, exercising, vegetarianism, drinking water, sleeping well, etc to get the mystical experiences with substances.

Does any of this apply to you?

I usually take them in nature or at home and just sit on the couch. Sometimes I'll journal or listen to music. Sometimes I'll meditate.

I usually take 250ug to 300ug. I like a more spicy trip.

Aside from psychs, I practice meditation with moderate intensity (1.5 hours a day), exercise, eat well, have a strong community. Healthy living is important to me.

For what it's worth I really love taking LSD for pleasure, and I'll likely still do it from time to time, I just won't expect anything from it.

Sometimes it's purely recreational for me,  I expect nothing but that at times can bring on the most interesting experiences, 1gr.  What's on your mind, how you are feeling, it all gets magnified.   Done shrooms in Bars, it was amazing, not always, but at times exquisitely delicious.

When I read mystical works, and get my heart/mind in that space, it gets magnified.  The woods are my preferred location, my little camper, with a fire burning, the smoke drifting around the trees, and a crow once dropped in, it was amazing.  I do 2-3gr, my sweet spot. 

LSD was so long ago, it was like a dream, I was so young.  Lol.

And bad trips happen too, we all have bad days.  It passes, just remember it passes and your mind will be OK.  Coming out the other side of a bad trip can be the best experience.

And it's not for everyone.   If you are mentally struggling from something neurological, or have had deep depression or little self-control, esteem careful!  Good shamans will sit with you, and get to know you.

There is a mystical intelligence woven into nature,  shrooms get me there, and Ayawasca, but that is another thing.

Some people just see cartoon figures and laugh a lot,  I find that strange.

Edited by Sir Oberon

And I got my hands on some LSD blotter-type thing.  Oh, I'm a bit nervous, 10-12 hours..  it's been years!  However, I know me, I will give you all a trip report one day.. LOl.  

The thing is, we have to have a natural fluidity in our mind, willing to get a little lost.  If you are too rigid in your mind it will hurt.... just my ramblings, the topic is huge.

Edited by Sir Oberon

I took mushrooms and it got me into metaphysics and spirituality so saying they are useless is just wrong. Unless I'm going insane 

Groove with it...

Transended space..  it's not everyone's cup of tea.

5 hours ago, mrPixel said:

Which issue are you referring to?

The issue of psychedelics affecting people differently.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A little bit of weed takes me to radical states of consciousness, yet I know of people who take a shit ton more weed than me and don’t experience a fraction of what I experience.

Substances do indeed affect people differently.

14 hours ago, Yimpa said:

A little bit of weed takes me to radical states of consciousness, yet I know of people who take a shit ton more weed than me and don’t experience a fraction of what I experience.

Substances do indeed affect people differently.

Could also be tolerance.

Weed without tolerance is way more psychedelic. Edibles are also more psychedelic than smoked weed IME.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

3 minutes ago, vibv said:

Could also be tolerance.

To be fair, the people I’m imagining aren’t into spirituality, so that could also be a factor.

Those that had a mystical experience but lack spiritual understanding inevitably stop taking the psychedelics altogether. They thoroughly convince themselves that something went wrong.

We are the nut cases that realize that something went right!