Henry234

Is there a chance we have free choice?

78 posts in this topic

Only God has free will. God gave up its free will to the manifestation of love. So you are the finite expression of love configured a certain way and that is how you act. Every moment you act from either love or fear and that runs your life. 

You have belief systems that are programmed into you and this impacts how you interpret/experience reality.

Your belief systems only change either due to suffering or inspiration.

You have the ability to choose, and exert effort but it is limited by your imagination, which is limited by your current capacity to love, 

So the more loving you are, the more free you are, the less loving you are the more in bondage you are. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is a lot of wild shit that pops into my mind that I choose not to say.

Whether you say it or not ..it's not your choice. 

And there is no" you " to choose. 

Ask @VeganAwake if you don't believe Me:D

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Whether you say it or not ..it's not your choice. 

And there is no" you " to choose. 

Ask @VeganAwake if you don't believe Me:D

That's a limited perspective. I gave both perspectives earlier.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's a limited perspective. I gave both perspectives earlier.

Well ..what are the choices that we have ?

Either we have free will..Or our choices are deterministic...Or they are random .

If you observe direct experience carefully..you will notice that your thoughts and actions do not come about from a CEO/separate self/controller agent that lives inside your mind . Neither it is deterministic because what exactly would make it deterministic? It's not like there is  a creator god who has written your entire life story down to every single little detail .I guess it's just random .because we can't anticipate the next choice that we are gonna make .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Well ..what are the choices that we have ?

I think my position is compatiblism: there is a reason why we talk about making choices on an everyday level, and there is a reason why we talk about how in a more ultimate sense we don't have a choice, and both reasons are valid.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

There is no cause and effect, only the appearance of it. If cause and effect existed, the same result would always happen. 

Everything is in constant flux, you can't step into the same river twice. 

@Carl-Richard you miss the point that even that I'd happening without a choice from you. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Well ..what are the choices that we have ?

Either we have free will..Or our choices are deterministic...Or they are random .

My current – not completely finalized – perspective on this is the following:

1. God has absolute Free Will, because there's nothing outside the Absolute that could limit the Absolute 
  2. Our ego is a creation of God that has no inherent free will, but God grants the ego its will in a certain scope out of pure unlimited Love. God wills what the ego wills, because there is no reason not to
  3. The more conscious you get the more of Free Will you realize, the more you realize that everything is already exactly chosen how it is by the absolute Free Will
  4. The more you're inside the ego (I use this word here to mean ignorance) the more you act out of egoic structures, that repeat themselves automatically and create the same situations over and over again. At the same time those exact situations are exactly what you need to see through those unconscious patterns. God in a way gives you perfect opportunities to awaken more in every single moment
  5. God and absolute Free Will always chooses perfect LOVE and GOODNESS, because there is no reason not to

That is assuming that ego and God would be separate entities, which of course is an illusion.

Another perspective would be, that God by its absolute Free Will chooses to have the experience of being limited.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard you miss the point that even that I'd happening without a choice from you. 

I'm not missing the point. The point you're making is included in my point.

5 hours ago, vibv said:

1. God has absolute Free Will, because there's nothing outside the Absolute that could limit the Absolute 
  2. Our ego is a creation of God that has no inherent free will, but God grants the ego its will in a certain scope out of pure unlimited Love. God wills what the ego wills, because there is no reason not to
  3. The more conscious you get the more of Free Will you realize, the more you realize that everything is already exactly chosen how it is by the absolute Free Will
  4. The more you're inside the ego (I use this word here to mean ignorance) the more you act out of egoic structures, that repeat themselves automatically and create the same situations over and over again. At the same time those exact situations are exactly what you need to see through those unconscious patterns. God in a way gives you perfect opportunities to awaken more in every single moment
  5. God and absolute Free Will always chooses perfect LOVE and GOODNESS, because there is no reason not to

That is assuming that ego and God would be separate entities, which of course is an illusion.

Another perspective would be, that God by its absolute Free Will chooses to have the experience of being limited.

This is called making up a cosmology.

Threw that away and start contemplating.

Edited by UnbornTao

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is a lot of wild shit that pops into my mind that I choose not to say.

You have a lot better self-control than me, then xD

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

this is called making up a cosmology.

Threw that away and start contemplating things.

Both things aren’t  necessarily contradicting each other.

4 hours ago, vibv said:

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm not missing the point. The point you're making is included in my point.

You are saying it as assumption.  That let's assume that we can call our actions that they are "our " actions.  Because at the end of the day we have survival that gots us by the balls..so we are forced to make choices. Etc 

But I'm saying all THAT ⬆️ is out of your choice as well .

So you didn't escape the problem.

Compatibliam is impossible.  If everything is the result of previous events going back to the big bang or whatever the fuck else from all of reality came from ..then the only one who has free will is God (the Godhead not the ego).

Edited by Someone here

1 hour ago, vibv said:

Both things aren’t  necessarily contradicting each other.

One is unnecessary and disempowering to an open investigation, which is what contemplation is about.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao Disbelief empowers contemplation.

@vibv Both things aren’t necessarily contradicting each other.

Meta…

Edited by Yimpa

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But I'm saying all THAT ⬆️ is out of your choice as well .

Who is saying? There is no "I".

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard stop playing peekaboo with me .

I will pull a Leo on you " don't think you have outsmarted me ":P

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I will pull a Leo on you " don't think you have outsmarted me ":P

A fate worse than any other, I know from direct experience.

Describe a thought.

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

A fate worse than any other, I know from direct experience.

It actually feels awesome.  Leo Is a genius:

"No one here understands free will better than me .

In fact..no one ever in the entire history understands free will better than me ." 

:D;)

Enlightenment is child’s play at some point