r0ckyreed

Why My Hand Cannot Grasp Itself

194 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, An young being said:

For those who want to logically understand reality, there is science. For those who want to experience reality as it is, there is Spirituality. If we try to use our stupid single logical brain to understand the experience, it might lead to delusions, if not carefully thought and deciphered the experience.

Eventually, science might reach a point where it could try to understand the experience, and it could reach upto the last point before the experience as far as allowed by our brain or God or whatever, but going beyond that is not possible in my opinion, as long as we are human.

We need better sprituality AND better science. Both have their place and both are beautiful in their own right.
As is the case for meditation vs. using the mind.

Contrary to what some spiritual people seem to suggest using the mind is a GOOD thing and nothing to be avoided. Meditation (but also other things like contemplation) should lead to mastery of the mind, not stopping to use it.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

Science can never capture or grasp Infinity. But its understanding of itself can certainly evolve and expand.

Ps: By single, stupid logical brain, I meant science or collective discussion is a better way to logically decipher experiences rather than trying to find out all by ourselves as an individual, just to feel better about ourselves egoistically.

8 hours ago, gettoefl said:

replacing god is alone by god alone is,

I like this.

Know thyself....

Don’t worry too much about needing your contemplation questions to be answered right away. Sometimes, they’re answered in 5 minutes. Other times, 5 weeks. Or 5 months. You get the point.

In any case, you will be grasping reality at greater degrees the more you keep at it. And there is no end to this!

It’s called freedom for a reason… the more you try to gridlock reality to suit your selfish desires, the less free you will be.

The Self is free to be however it wants to be.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:53 PM, Water by the River said:

Hallelujah. Indeed. Beautiful post. And then the 10th ox picture. Return to the market place with open hands.

You can't be more accurate. For me now is the time to open my hand. I'm in difficult business, but still, it is time to truly say: I trust. I'm open to anything.

On 3.10.2023 at 8:53 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Understanding is an illusion. You cannot understand anything because the you that wants to understand is an illusion. Reality does not need to understand anything, you are not an envoy of reality to, with your sharp mind, understand it. reality is understood well enough to create the infinite cosmos with its infinite cycles. Do you want to reach level 200? so that? if the level there is is infinite and that is already the case. The only thing you can do is open yourself to infinity and forget any ambition to know or understand because it is either total or zero. Is it going to be total as long as you are a human? Otherwise it will be zero. there are no levels.

On 3.10.2023 at 8:59 PM, vibv said:

Yeah you realize that there's nothing to achieve at some point. And then.. you do it anyway. Because why not.

That idea is completely silly to think that you have to reach some obscure, almost unobtainable, point and then .. your life finally makes sense. Life wants to be LIVED.

When I came to that point I realized that it is completely silly nonsense. That's the great joke: There's nothing to do, never was. And then you do it anyway.

And by forgetting all those silly ideas you finally start to really live and experience joy and love and sadness and anger in a way and intensity you never did before. That's when you realize: There's only BEAUTY and LIFE is amazing! It's you! You're beautiful!

Drop your silly games.

On 3.10.2023 at 9:30 PM, Osaid said:

Knowledge, concept, imagination, and thoughts are as fundamental and significant to reality as the smell of a flower. It seems otherwise because of your survival bias as a human, and also simply because you don't understand what you are, and thus you don't understand what God is.

On 3.10.2023 at 9:56 PM, Osaid said:

Notice that you cannot be wrong about anything if you simply stop generating beliefs and identities right now. Your direct experience is not gonna be wrong about itself. "More insights" are created only through a dualistic relationship to beliefs and identities that contradict experience.

Y'all get a big fat

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

from your boy Bazooka!

Nice to see you guys all make so much God-damn sense... keep it up, everyone! :x

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Y'all get a big fat

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

from your boy Bazooka!

Nice to see you guys all make so much God-damn sense... keep it up, everyone! :x

but a clarification. It is becoming easier for me to open myself to infinity, to the total now, without psychedelics. This opening is fragile, like a transparent pond that becomes cloudy at the slightest movement. I sense the possibility of understanding what this experience is. In those moments it appears as a mirage superimposed on the limitless totality, and that totality is what I am. If I could be in that opening for hours, or days, it would become deeper and there would be understanding, or so I think, so we should be careful about dismissing that possibility.

The hand can be completely open, somewhat open, completely closed, empty, holding something, broken hand, little hand, big hand, two hands touching, one hand smooth, annother hand scaly,

etc. etc.

Which one is the best hand?

All your ideas of how the hand should be are completely out of touch. Literally.

God is Everything

God grasping itself is grasping itself  is grasping itself, for and as Infinity

“It’s like acknowledging that there are mysteries and truths far greater and more profound than what we can grasp or even be aware of.” -ContemplatinGPT

To take the analogy literally, your hand can grasp a part of itself, just not the whole thing. Based on that, we can grasp a part of reality but not the whole thing.