KatiesKarma

People who deny the Bible either did not read or understand it or both

104 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@KatiesKarma

I think you do have a point when most people from the atheist camp who are more stage orange/green outright deny the bible for ideological reasons, they do so due to them not wanting to read or try to understand the bible, and maybe some negative events within their religious family or religious community. On the other spectrum we do have more stage blue religious folks and more stage blue families that do read the bible a whole lot, again for ideological reasons and to fulfill their needs of belonging. It is true that both types can be dogmatic, an atheist in deep denial of religious truths while the religious folks are dogmatic towards non-believers. I think that we all need to be somewhere in the middle of this, and we all need to at least be reading and trying to understand the Holy Bible a bit, not all of it but some passages, and praying a bit. Psalms is actually a good place to start because at least reading the psalms is a bit uplifting, even new testament is a good start. 

I read the Bible cover to cover. The Bible is not an accurate historical telling of events and is full of bias as well as the writers were part of a patriarchal system. Additionally majority of the stories are not meant to be taken figuratively but to be taken as metaphors. One does not need to read the Bible to understand Reality as majority of it is just about the Hebrews and their journeys in different stories/events.

I only read and studied the Bible because I was raised Christian and I found so many contradictions it didn't make any sense. The Old Testament doesn't agree with the New Testament and both books paint a different version of God. If you follow the Bible strictly, God will be confusing. Reading the Bible should only be done as a cultural exercise, as many of the same wise teachings you can find in the Bible exist in other teachings. The most important story in the Bible is probably the life Jesus alone and that to me is all you really need to study. If you understand what Jesus was saying and why he lived the way he did, then you get the core message of the book.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Dodo

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Look, I am probably one of the more honest open minds here, and thats exactly why I am challenging you. I have to read hearsay from others then, to get your supposed truth. Its not something that is readily available in the here and now always? Sign me out. I am here to investigate with an open mind, yes. I am not here to investigate someone else's experience of the Truth which is by definition here and now to investigate on your own, without any conditioning needed. 

Once you can get to investigate the present moment, why do you need to read near death experiences or take psychedelics? I am not stuck in belief of dogma. I am here defending what is directly verifiable, the truth now. And it is definitely NOT that reality is a dream. That's your notion. For me reality IS consciousness, and you also say that now and then, in between the "dream" bs.  You say consciousness is the building block and that consciousness is real and eternal, but you also say that there is something other than consciousness called dream, right? What's that... 

Don't bother trying to challenge @Razard86. I did it and it got nowhere, this guy's the definition of circling around points and making very abstract claims. Don't argue with this type.

@Razard86

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I read the Bible cover to cover. The Bible is not an accurate historical telling of events and is full of bias as well as the writers were part of a patriarchal system. Additionally majority of the stories are not meant to be taken figuratively but to be taken as metaphors. One does not need to read the Bible to understand Reality as majority of it is just about the Hebrews and their journeys in different stories/events.

I only read and studied the Bible because I was raised Christian and I found so many contradictions it didn't make any sense. The Old Testament doesn't agree with the New Testament and both books paint a different version of God. If you follow the Bible strictly, God will be confusing. Reading the Bible should only be done as a cultural exercise, as many of the same wise teachings you can find in the Bible exist in other teachings. The most important story in the Bible is probably the life Jesus alone and that to me is all you really need to study. If you understand what Jesus was saying and why he lived the way he did, then you get the core message of the book.

Good for you! But don't vomit your standards of reality to other groups and other collectives here. If they want to read and understand the bible, it's their choice as much as if they don't want to read or understand the bible much. Oh, and what's a genius again? Everyone who doesn't read the bible and not believe in god, or everyone who believes in GOD? Everyone who has psychic visions are a genius?  

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Razard86

Good for you! But don't vomit your standards of reality to other groups and other collectives here. If they want to read and understand the bible, it's their choice as much as if they don't want to read or understand the bible much. Oh, and what's a genius again? Everyone who doesn't read the bible and not believe in god, or everyone who believes in GOD? Everyone who has psychic visions are a genius?  

You project a lot. I don't vomit I share, you interpret the way you do because you take stances instead of having an open mind. You don't like it when your point of view is questioned. You want everyone to just blindly accept your takes and never question you. I'm sorry but part of being on an online forum is having your point of view questioned.

I don't tell anyone to follow what I say, but I will question you and point out things if I see it. If you don't like it there is an ignore function. But learn to be honest, using words like vomit make it seem like I don't make posts with care which anybody who is objective can actually see that. Many people have sent me messages of thanks over the years because they don't come in with a stance or point to prove. 

The key to understanding is first to really attempt to see what is being communicated, the moment you start trying to disprove something without fully understanding, you are just arguing with yourself which many of you do on here. You misinterpret or see words that were never stated instead of being patient enough to actually figure out what was being said...also I know what I just wrote was a waste of time, because you are close minded and bias to anything I write. You cherry pick and play favorites and are immune to honest inquiry. Not always, but you are when your opinions get challenged.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.