StarStruck

Backdrop after psychedelics use: social awkwardness

16 posts in this topic

After taking psychedelics I become awkward for a couple of days. It happened to me couple of times to the point that I don’t want to take the substances anymore. Do you guys experience something similar? It is social anxiety + awkwardness + not being in the social flow. Tonight I was somewhere with people I know and I was just standing there with my glass of water in my hand staring into the abyss. I’m not trying to impress people because they are just acquaintances. Just trying to stay present and be socially engaging. 

1. is this also the case while on them during the trip?

2. it could be a hint that you're not very connected to the people around you or that you just don't vibe with them. Being sober it's way easier to just pretend.

3. Maybe you just need that time to process the experience. Is it only for a few days and then back to normal or does some of it linger after that?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

They are partial agonists or even antagonists of 5HT receptors. (You can trip on high doses of Mirtazapine, Trazodone and 5HT2A antagonist antideeppressants)

After a trip, you have a serotonergic “rebound”, so you feel lower in energy, more “dry”, and therefore sometimes more autistic.
My pupils are never as small as the day after an LSD trip.

The devil is in the details.

9 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

They are partial agonists or even antagonists of 5HT receptors. (You can trip on high doses of Mirtazapine, Trazodone and 5HT2A antagonist antideeppressants)

After a trip, you have a serotonergic “rebound”, so you feel lower in energy, more “dry”, and therefore sometimes more autistic.
My pupils are never as small as the day after an LSD trip.

Yea, it was a LSD trip and I did come off as autistic. I think psychedelics also tear down on the ego so one's character get's notched down if you know what I mean.

The best way to describe myself is that I feel like an empty vessel floating around in time-space.

20 minutes ago, vibv said:

1. is this also the case while on them during the trip?

2. it could be a hint that you're not very connected to the people around you or that you just don't vibe with them. Being sober it's way easier to just pretend.

3. Maybe you just need that time to process the experience. Is it only for a few days and then back to normal or does some of it linger after that?

It is not the people but me.

I know exactly what feeling you mean. I personally don't experience it on or after most psychedelics. It happens on weed though.

It's probably just heightened social anxiety as you said already. Maybe take a few days off after an experience and be in solitude to contemplate the trip.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

Opposite for me. Psychedelics improved my social ability more than anything else.

But now I have no desire to socialize.

:D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have Avoidant Personality Disorder, psychedelics didn't have an effect on that. They only have an affect on turning me into a divine perfectly symmetrical entity with tongue lolling out of my mouth while contorting into Aztec carving esque poses, and Hindu Gods and Goddesses, sitting yogis, and statues of the Buddha manifesting before me.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Opposite for me. Psychedelics improved my social ability more than anything else.

What do you do all day, just explore consciousness in your house? Dreaming up whatever interests you the most?

do you have any desire to travel and such?

Edited by Francis777

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Edited by Yimpa

11 hours ago, Sidra khan said:

Wow ?? record it someday and post it on YouTube so we can see that too.

Above video is proof ? 

Is normal, it happens to me too, especially with more stimulant-like psychedelics, LSD or similar.

With DMT or mushrooms doesn't happen. What psychedelic did you take?

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How was it going out after vaping 5meo? I tried socializing recently on a low dose of 2cb and it sucked, way too sensitive to other people's energies. 

Sounds normal enough to me.

Maybe pick up some ice breakers or jokes. Plan to mention a topic or two that your super familiar with. Go with a close friend that gets you!

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura no desires to socialize? Why that change? Did you burned through your Karma? 

@topic, I feel normal but after a heavy trip I feel my mind  is more sensitive and I just like staring into the abyss too, rest in being. That can look awkward because I am not moving

Edited by OBEler

You gotta let your brain calm down for a ffew days or trust yourself fully is all I think. After a trip you aren't even sure the trip is over or not so you don't know how to act.

Edited by Hojo