ZenAlex

Anyone here with history of issues caused by Supplements?

21 posts in this topic

I've recently been suffering with more anxiety and restlessness. My life is going by completely normal, but I've been taking a supplement Veg1 recently which includes

b12, b6, b2, folic acid, iodine. It has quite high levels of vitamin b12.

I've done research which states this sort of supplement can act as a stimulant. 

Anyone advice? I've stopped taking it, but after a couple of days off I still feel a bit restless, irritable and anxious.

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

I've recently been suffering with more anxiety and restlessness. My life is going by completely normal, but I've been taking a supplement Veg1 recently which includes

Anyone advice? I've stopped taking it, but after a couple of days off I still feel a bit restless, irritable and anxious.

I am not an expert on any of this but if you have not looked at Dr. Eric Berg's DC on YouTube it's a wealth of knowledge. Been studying his videos for a while now.

B12 is stimulating.

Personally vitamin D has already given me huge stress response, even at only 3000IU

The devil is in the details.

16 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

B12 is stimulating.

Personally vitamin D has already given me huge stress response, even at only 3000IU

I hope you get better soon.

My supplement had 1000% of my RDA of b12 and 400% Vitamin D.

I'm just hoping it wears off it's been a few days and I still don't feel great.

On 9/25/2023 at 6:53 AM, ZenAlex said:

That's the problem right there. Don't know if this is the one you're taking but the ingredients are no good and can cause the symptoms you're experiencing. As in Natural Flavour, and Magnesium Stearate, which is in just about every generic supplement.. Look at the 1st ingredient...SUGAR. Stay clear of these ingredients and also buy from reputable sources. I will post the front Pic but this is Veg1, orange flavor. Doesn't matter which flavor. If the company uses these in one, they are no good. Pretty sure some other ingredient is no good but I know about the 2 I mentioned. 51KF+8cpCIL._AC_SL1014_.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's the problem right there. Don't know if this is the one you're taking but the ingredients are no good and can cause the symptoms you're experiencing. As in Natural Flavour, and Magnesium Stearate, which is in just about every generic supplement.. Look at the 1st ingredient...SUGAR. Stay clear of these ingredients and also buy from reputable sources. I will post the front Pic but this is Veg1, orange flavor. Doesn't matter which flavor. If the company uses these in one, they are no good. Pretty sure some other ingredient is no good but I know about the 2 I mentioned. 51KF+8cpCIL._AC_SL1014_.jpg

61YiEM1NksL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Know thyself....

Some trusted sites I know of are TRUVANI.com  Drbenkim.com and Markusworld.com. There are others but can't think of them off hand. These three I've personally bought from and you can also explore their websites for detailed info on their company and business. I never buy random vitamins online nor in grocery stores. Local Health food stores are much better, but you still have to know what to look for in them, but they'll carry better brands. Look at the ingredients in whatever you're buying and Google them separately if you're not sure. Even then, still be skeptical. If it sounds too "chemicalish" (you get the drift) look it up. 

A lot of times even the capsule they are engrossed in are no good for the stomach. Rule of thumb, stay away from pretty much all mainstream supplements sold in Supermarkets and drug stores. I don't even trust the ones on Amazon much unless I'm familiar with the brand or have checked the labels properly and ingredient lists. Most of them are filled with fillers and crappy stuff. There's actually a big scam when it comes to vitamins, and people are profiting from synthetic products that sometimes doesn't even contain the vitamin they are promoting. 

Know thyself....

On 9/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, Jehovah increases said:

I am not an expert on any of this but if you have not looked at Dr. Eric Berg's DC on YouTube it's a wealth of knowledge. Been studying his videos for a while now.

Dr Eric Berg is being censored on YT. There was a post about it. 

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Veg1 is the one i'm taking but the cover of mine looks different

. And yeah I'm always usually obsessed with making almost anything I consume natural because I assume unnatural options have side effects, this just reconfirmed by suspicions. I feel like such a FUCKING IDIOT for taking it tbh, but never mind.

I hope I haven't caused myself permanent damage, but I only took about 15-20 of them over the course of about 3-4 weeks.

s-l500.jpg

41 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Dr Eric Berg is being censored on YT. There was a post about it. 

Interesting  I  wonder why? I will check it out thanks for letting me know Princess??

25 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Interesting  I  wonder why? I will check it out thanks for letting me know Princess??

Know thyself....

57 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:
2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Veg1 is the one i'm taking but the cover of mine looks different

. And yeah I'm always usually obsessed with making almost anything I consume natural because I assume unnatural options have side effects, this just reconfirmed by suspicions. I feel like such a FUCKING IDIOT for taking it tbh, but never mind.

I hope I haven't caused myself permanent damage, but I only took about 15-20 of them over the course of about 3-4 weeks.

Don't get too "obsessed", as you said, as that can lead to fear responses and irrational decision-making when it comes to food choices and supplementing. Natural doesn't always mean good for you as there are certain whole foods like veggies from the Nightshade family that can cause health issues in some people as in inflammation and leaky gut syndrome amongst other issues. Certain foods like tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and white potatoes are in the Nightshade family. 

Also, some people's genetics aren't able to withstand certain foods like peanuts and avocados and even dairy or cow's milk which is just cow's pus and not suitable for human consumption.  Don't feel like an idiot because you're just making decisions the best you know how, that's why it's important to do your own research on these matters and don't rely solely on the authorities. Most damages can be reversed with the proper care, so don't get too caught up with that and stress yourself out because the stress will be a greater damage to you.

I'm not a health nut, and i eat things that aren't good for me at times and i do have my vices, but I do Absolutely stay away from certain things, no matter what and will not touch as in artificial sweeteners and generic supplements and many other so-called foods; and, of course, consciously as they could be in something I've eaten in a package or restaurant without knowing. When it comes to preventative care and taking food as medicine, though, I try to go for the food in it's original state and not processed. 

Know thyself....

On 27/09/2023 at 0:02 AM, Princess Arabia said:

I watch a lot of u tube but this is another reason why I don't like it. Trying to suppress freedom of speech. I guess the best way is to try it for yourself see what works for you and study other videos. But I do know that your body does function better on ketones for some and intermediate fasting exercising regularly and walking or jogging in nature three or four times a week. For me being in nature is the best thing. Every time I go for long walks in nature it brings down my anxiety and if I am feeling depressed it just goes and I always sleep so much better. And just doing weights a few times a week. Having the right amount of sleep at least 8 hours a day. And not watching toxic crap on Tv and certain news station I gave that up years ago. If I were to watch the news it would be CNN but that's me, When it comes to food I always have extra virgin olive oil in salads and a lot of unprocessed food. A lot of veggies and a lot of fresh fish which I have had all my life plus you can get vitamin D from the Sun and by eating healthy nutrients and wholesome foods or plant-based beef chicken wild salmon stuff like that. I actually quit Lamb a few years back and limited my pork and Beef intake. I eat more fish eggs avocados even organic butter once in a while even cod liver oil with leafy greens and certain veggies which you can always make out of a shake if you wish. We are all different so research and find out what works for you. I will keep studying as long as this dream lasts. And you are right the human body is complex so complex that It would take an Infinite mind to create it. Yes, Leo, you are an infinite mind that will go on exploring itself forever. Don't ever stop just be you.

Edited by Jehovah increases

1 minute ago, Jehovah increases said:

I watch a lot of u tube but this is another reason why I don't like it. Trying to suppress freedom of speech. I guess the best way is to try it for yourself see what works for you and study other videos. But I do know that your body does function better on ketones for some and intermediate fasting exercising regularly and walking or jogging in nature three or four times a week. For me being in nature is the best thing. Every time I go for long walks in nature it brings down my anxiety and if If I am feeling depressed it just goes and I always sleep so much better. And just doing weights a few times a week. Having the right amount of sleep at least 8 hours a day. When it comes to food I always have extra virgin olive oil in salads and a lot of unprocessed food. A lot of veggies and a lot of fresh fish which I have had all my life plus you can get vitamin D from the Sun and by eating healthy nutrients and wholesome foods or plant-based beef chicken wild salmon stuff like that. I actually quit Lamb a few years back and limited my pork and Beef intake. I eat more fish eggs and chicken now. And we are all different so research and find out what works for you. I will keep studying as long as this dream lasts.

Well said. I personally don't do keto or any of those diets, but I noticed when I do eat certain grains my body reacts negatively so I try to limit my consumption of them especially wheat. I think it's the way they process it and using all those weed killers and toxic chemicals like glysophate. Wheat today isn't the same as it was back in the day. I just try to do the best I can and give myself a little room for cheating as the body likes to act up from time to time and go through a temper tantrum. Giving in to the craving and just enjoying it is better than processing the guilt that comes with the after effect. More power to you in your quest for trying to keep the body healthy.

Know thyself....

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Well said. I personally don't do keto or any of those diets, but I noticed when I do eat certain grains my body reacts negatively so I try to limit my consumption of them especially wheat. I think it's the way they process it and using all those weed killers and toxic chemicals like glysophate. Wheat today isn't the same as it was back in the day. I just try to do the best I can and give myself a little room for cheating as the body likes to act up from time to time and go through a temper tantrum. Giving in to the craving and just enjoying it is better than processing the guilt that comes with the after effect. More power to you in your quest for trying to keep the body healthy.

I agree that grains are not what they used to be and just try to do your best, And never feel guilty about what you eat. We all have cravings some worse than others mine would have one of the worst. Thanks for that.

On 27/09/2023 at 1:20 AM, Jehovah increases said:

I agree that grains are not what they used to be and just try to do your best, And never feel guilty about what you eat. We all have cravings some worse than others mine would have one of the worst. Thanks for that.

I love this one check it out.

Edited by Jehovah increases

1 hour ago, Jehovah increases said:

I love this one check it out.

Glad you shared this. It answered my is Enlightenment a State question even though I knew there is nothing but States of Consciousness. 

Know thyself....

Many supps make me feel weird

and many of them interfere with my sleep

for example zinc won‘t let me sleep really

i‘ve tried supplements for about 2000 € probably and most were miss