Inliytened1

Enlightenment Is Actual and not an Illusion ?

172 posts in this topic

Notice:

• A spiritual person says Enlightenment is Actual
  • An American says the USA is Actual
  • A Roman Catholic says Jesus is Actual
  • A scientist says that matter is Actual

But what happens when you transcend spiritual teachings? Play a video game that takes place in a totally different universe? Drop your religion? Take a psychedelic?

Then what?

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Notice:

• A spiritual person says Enlightenment is Actual
  • An American says the USA is Actual
  • A Roman Catholic says Jesus is Actual
  • A scientist says that matter is Actual

But what happens when you transcend spiritual teachings? Play a video game that takes place in a totally different universe? Drop your religion? Take a psychedelic?

Then what?

Can you awake or can you not?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Can you awake or can you not?

That depends on what one’s definition and understanding of what “awake” means. As with anything.

And, of course, that can change drastically depending on one’s state of consciousness. 

For example, you can be in such a state where words themselves become completely meaningless, yet make absolute sense simultaneously. This, of course, would require a different state of consciousness than you’re currently in right now.

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

That depends on what one’s definition and understanding of what “awake” means. As with anything.

And, of course, that can change drastically depending on one’s state of consciousness. 

For example, you can be in such a state where words themselves become completely meaningless, yet make absolute sense simultaneously. This, of course, would require a different state of consciousness than you’re currently in right now.

Wrong.   You like to dance and I'm telling you fuck dancing.   Stop fucking dancing. Awakening exists.  This is a dream and its a super good one.  You can awaken from it.  Don't dance around that.  You can wake up.  Yes.  Just like the matrix.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Dancing is great! I’ve had a deep awakening one time while dancing impromptu. Probably because I realized that there is not one right/true way of dancing ? ? 

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

You can awaken from it. 

Yep, you can. But that's only the beginning. You can not only dream different dreams, the quality of the dream can change as well - aka your level of consciousness.

There are levels of consciousness way beyond what anyone has experienced yet. And that's not just a trivial fact that's a complete game-changer.

One advantage of the psychedelic path is that that's utterly unambiguous.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

7 minutes ago, vibv said:

Yep, you can. But that's only the beginning. You can not only dream different dreams, the quality of the dream can change as well - aka your level of consciousness.

There are levels of consciousness way beyond what anyone has experienced yet. And that's not just a trivial fact that's a complete game-changer.

One advantage of the psychedelic path is that that's utterly unambiguous.

You dodged the question.   Is there anything more than realizing you are God?  Sure...we can dream a thousand dreams..but who is dreaming it?  Structure vs content my friend. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, vibv said:

Experiencing that you are God in all its glory. Dissolving the dream like a supernova. Bringing all your parts together again, solving the riddle that is this universe. Dancing the dance of this cosmos. We've barely even started.

What's your average daily level of consciousness? Do you have surges in consciousness from time to time? How do you achieve them? Or do you just live a life that's about survival? What's your life purpose?

Sorry I missed this post.   No.  You haven't had God realization.   Everything else is trivial. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Enlightenment means liberation. It takes the idea that you have lived many lives, had many past existences and past bodies. You are free from the continual cycle of birth and death and can BE and operate with or without a physical body by decision and choice alone.

You are liberated from the bondage of negative reactions, worry, fear, regret, remorse, ect…. You are liberated from the harm of nonsurvival or nonoptimal thoughts and feelings. You completely unite or “melt” into total spiritual absorption and become one with the universe… dissolving personal consciousness and attaining universal consciousness.

Western Man tends to disregard and ignore and reject the most important part of the idea of “enlightenment” which is literal immortality meaning that you preserve your most basic identity/personality/individuality you can bring it into to the next life. In other words, If you killed your body right now, would you be able to enter a new body and be the self you are now? Could you recall your experiences and things you had done in your previous bodies?  

Traditional Buddhism is very clear that this is the case.

So unless you have that understanding/ ability. It is not enlightenment… Unless you change the meaning of enlightenment into a different concept. Therefore, it would be logical to coin a new word or adopt an existing word to explain the state/realization you are referring to. Enlightenment is ok, I guess. But, it needs continual explanation to what you actually mean and what it actually is from your POV. Interpretations complicate communication which makes it much more difficult to attain the goal. This needs to be made crystal clear.

P.S. I like God-realization far better… lol

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You dodged the question.   Is there anything more than realizing you are God?  Sure...we can dream a thousand dreams..but who is dreaming it?  Structure vs content my friend. 

The distinction between structure and content is imaginary.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Sorry I missed this post.   No.  You haven't had God realization.   Everything else is trivial. 

Lol. It's not trivial. That's my whole point. Pre/Post fallacy.

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood me. Stop gaslighting me you don't know what I had and what not.

I'm completely aware that this is the Absolute, it's everything there is, and it's me.

Edited by vibv

@vibv Fair enough.   You are obviously passionate about this stuff and that shows a lot to me.  Ok.  Haven't seen a lot of you here, looking forward to seeing more of you.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Your hasty diagnosis is a defense mechanism of your ego, because now you don't have to take anything I say seriously.

Notice that I don't claim to know what you experienced or are awakened too. I'm just claiming that no one has arrived at any final destination, and those who say they did are deluding themselves.

Edit: Thank you.

Edited by vibv

:)

Now this is what real politics looks like, not the crap we see in other forums!

For sure. Enlightenment is real.

What's illusion though, is thinking that you are enlightened, or that guru is, or Leo is, or any other fictional character is. That's delusion.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

For sure. Enlightenment is real.

What's illusion though, is thinking that you are enlightened, or that guru is, or Leo is, or any other fictional character is. That's delusion.

Very eloquent.  And yet, if you truly look back is it wrong to say your enlightened? Or is it kinda relative.   I mean the truth of what happened is you as God  realized you were God from the form of a finite being.   So from the perspective of the Absolute you are enlightened in the sense of you are God remembering itself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Meh, idk about that :D Sounds cool though.

I'd say that's yet another cleaver little twist. Another story.

Either there is pure, infinte consciousness... or there is a character thinking or believing it is enlightened. Simple as that.

it might seem as if a person is demonstrating behaviour of an enlightened being, and there could be real light shinning through them, meaning they're not full of shit... but again, that's delusion. Just a way to perceive someone or something within duality. There are no enlightened individuals. Only light.

Okay I thought about what’s my point.. everything is the Absolute and it’s me, I agree, there’s nothing but exploration of the infinite mystery, also agreed, so what are we even disagreeing on?

That there is EVOLUTION and it matters a LOT. It’s not even guaranteed that we’re gonna make it on this planet. That we squander our chance. And that would be a tragedy of proportions you can’t even imagine.

How many times are you guys gonna realize what God is until you realize what God is?

Describe a thought.

6 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

God damn, Leo got hella sexy.