StarStruck

Gym bro’s have no chance against fighters

47 posts in this topic

Your link is borked.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@StarStruck

Your link is actually fine, I checked. I think Leo was joking.

Twitter embedding does not work anymore. 

@StarStruck

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Twitter embedding does not work anymore. 

But I clicked on your hyperlink, it's fine.

Oh wait, unless it's the imaging part, yeah sorry it's not displaying it LOL.

sure. The thing is, women don't know shit about this. They just see big muscles and automatically assume strength and power. In a sense is good they are ignorant to how nuanced fighting and physically overpowering someone is.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@Javfly33

39 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

sure. The thing is, women don't know shit about this. They just see big muscles and automatically assume strength and power. In a sense is good they are ignorant to how nuanced fighting and physically overpowering someone is.

Except me.?

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Even most men assume that big muscles means power. 

11 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Even most men assume that big muscles means power. 

Yes, more muscle = more strength. 

The devil is in the details.

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I agree but partially. I wonder sometimes when I'm at the gym, there are some people lifting weights less heavy than me yet their muscles are bigger Lmao.

I'm not Hypertrophy means you have more strength to overpower move someone on a fight.

(Saying this with caution because I'm still a beginner at the gym)

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

No?

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

I agree but partially. I wonder sometimes when I'm at the gym, there are some people lifting weights less heavy than me yet their muscles are bigger Lmao.

I'm not Hypertrophy means you have more strength to overpower move someone on a fight.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 

Well integrated fighter will rip through any bulky guy. 

I’m amateur and I’m already experiencing this. Being bulky without being integrated is useless. 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

29 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

No?

I meant equal technique and nervous tone. ?

The devil is in the details.

And?

A guy who earns money as a professional fighter is good at... fighting?

This is so dumb.

Bodybuiders also have no chance against marathon runners when it comes to marathon running. And against sprinters when it comes to sprinting. And against rock climbers when it comes to climbing. And against chest players when it comes to playing chess. 

So? 

Edited by Something Funny

And bigger does generally equal stronger. If you compare a gym bro with big muscles and no fighting skills to a 57kg guy with no fighting skills, a gym bro will most likely win.

That's also why there are weight categories in professional fighting sports and why your 50 kg MMA fighter would have been totally destroyed by 99% of heavy weight fighters.

6 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

And?

A guy who earns money as a professional fighter is good at... fighting?

This is so dumb.

Bodybuiders also have no chance against marathon runners when it comes to marathon running. And against sprinters when it comes to sprinting. And against rock climbers when it comes to climbing. And against chest players when it comes to playing chess. 

So? 

Most people who practice martial art don't do it to bash each other's head in. They practice it for the art and development of character. Even Ralston does it and he is much smarter than anybody on this forum.

The argument "and? Everybody is better at anything else" is the argument of somebody who has no mastery in life. With that kind of mindset you will die as a coach potato.

3 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

And bigger does generally equal stronger. If you compare a gym bro with big muscles and no fighting skills to a 57kg guy with no fighting skills, a gym bro will most likely win.

That's also why there are weight categories in professional fighting sports and why your 50 kg MMA fighter would have been totally destroyed by 99% of heavy weight fighters.

Bro, do you even lift or did you ever get in a fight in your life? Lmao

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

Most people who practice martial art don't do it to bash each other's head in

Yeah, that's why you create posts like these. For the development of the character and not to boost your fragile ego.

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

The argument "and? Everybody is better at anything else" is the argument of somebody who has no mastery in life. With that kind of mindset you will die as a coach potato.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I have said... 

Allow me to make it simpler for the greates stage yellow thinker on the forum:

It's pointless to compare people from different disciplines against each other because they focus on different things. Yes, a professional fighter is better at fighting than a body builder. But a body builder is better at building  muscles than a professional fighter.

What I said is actually pro mastery, not against it. Because my argument promotes focusing on what you are good at instead of worrying that you might not be good at this, and this, and that.

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Bro, do you even lift or did you ever get in a fight in your life? Lmao

Hahaha. So you disagree with what I've said???

Do you think that this 57 kg fighter will beat a 100+ kg fighter who is at the same skill level?

Do you think that an untrained 50kg guy will beat an untrained 100kg guy?

Stop using silly copes and actually answer my question.