PurpleTree

Fortune teller on the street

5 posts in this topic

So 30minutes ago i‘m just strutting around, minding my business

A guy on the street stops me and says in English „you are a lucky man“

so i listen for a few minutes, he asks me about meditation, god and he says two women are thinking about me, the shorter woman is bad luck and with her i would have a shorter life.

he gives me a paper and asks me about numbers.

then he says „put the paper here and also money“ i just had the equivalent of one dollar/euro in coins. He said put paper money also. I said i don‘t have.

He said you are stingy and you won‘t be lucky ? I just said „i‘m sorry bro and touched his shoulder and walked away“

i hope he didn‘t curse me.

It’s funny you know at the night of the day i had my encounter with the fortune teller he visited me at night in my half sleep. It was a bit scary. He looked a bit like Osho too and also had those big eyes. He tried to stare me down so we had a staring contest. And you guys would have been proud. I think i did well in the staring contest so he left. But the next day i went to the market and bought a hand of fatima ear ring as protection just to be safer. ?

You touched him on the shoulder so he will be thinking you cursed him. Similar thing happened to me in India, on a holiday, years ago. I touched him on his shoulder as I said not interested in their reading (there were two guys) and it’s like he thought I cursed them with bad luck. What ethnicity was he? 

I had the same type of guy come up to me when I was out buying some new pants a few weeks ago. He showed me these small pamplets about spirituality and talked about needing money to finance travelling to India. When I gave him the "I'm just a poor student" routine, he said "just out of the kindness of your heart, you know, for good karma; what goes around comes around".

I denied and he left, and I thought the same thing as you: "what if he cursed me and my future is fucked?". After all, the guy seemed pretty fluid. What if he was actually awakened and has some kind of spiritual abilities? What if he knew that I was into spirituality because he is just that awake and knew that I would get tripped up when he mentioned good and bad karma?

Then I also thought "what kind of supposedly spiritual person goes around guilt tripping people to give them money?". I also think he lied straight out when he said he was a psychology professor as a response to me studying psychology, but I wasn't quick enough to ask him which university and what field, which could've maybe tripped him up. Other than that, he seemed passionate and genuine, but the professor thing made me thing that he could just be a super charismatic conman. I'll never know, but he surely tripped me up a bit.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Why hasn't he predicted the next lottery number winner and gets rich already?