Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Even “smart” girls change their thoughts and emotions like changing diapers. One moment they want to fuck you and another moment their mood change and they totally forget they wanted to fuck you. That is why you have to be extra careful when you are a celeb. That is why I would never want to be a celeb this current toxic SD green culture where they want the responsibility of an adult and the accountability of a baby. 

Of course, if you are in such a position and you behave in a very immature fashion. Getting intoxicated and swinging your dick around, trying to stick it in anything that moves. You are asking for trouble (this also applies to non-celebrities). If you are mature and engage in non-toxic relationships, you should have much less to worry about, which is why most celebrities have no issue with this kind of thing.

I don't believe he is a bad guy. Maybe eccentric. But in his videos, he has mostly been a defender of truth. I'm not saying he is being framed. But there's a chance that everything happened under the heavy influence of alcohol and drugs and at an age where he wasn't very matured in terms of dating. 

He never gives creepy vibes. I. Don't know. Maybe too strange. 

Honestly if he is accused and convicted, it will be a huge shock. 

I don't think that people should be randomly accused of rape. It's important to differentiate things on the basis of maturity, age, psychological state, drugs, level of influence, social factors etc. It shouldn't be just rape. 

What if he is truly innocent and didn't mean to hurt. What if he wasn't truly aware of his own actions and acting unconsciously. 

This could be very distinctly different from a career criminal. 

Harvey Weinstwin was a different thing. He was deliberately acting creepy even on camera. He was like a career criminal. 

I don't think that's the case with Brand. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

The issue here is that if he was drunk or high, he does not preceive the rape as rape. So he likely raped the girl but in his mind he thought she wanted him. This neatly explains it without making him out to be a monster.

Of course that's still a crime from what I understand.

Which is why as a guy you gotta be more careful.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Look at guys like Russel Simmons. His book Do You I read, and he did a lot of good for the world. Yet, is accused by 7 women of rape. 

Some men, even though they do good in some areas of their lives unfortunately also went and committed rape and sexual assault. It’s unfortunate but seems common enough. They obviously should be held accountable. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Leo Gura said:

The issue here is that if he was drunk or high, he does not preceive the rape as rape. So he likely raped the girl but in his mind he thought she wanted him.

Then technically it's rape but not psychologically. It means guilt does not exist. It's almost like doing something wrong and then developing memory loss.. 

@Buck Edwards It means, if he did it guilt does exist. If you get drunk and crash your car and kill people you still are guilty.

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Buck Edwards It means, if he did it guilt does exist. If you get drunk and crash your car and kill people you still are guilty.

Guilty in court but not in conscience. 

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Not so fast. A car crash is too objective to deny. But it's very easy to convince yourself that a girl wanted you even if she didn't. I'm sure Brand feels innocent. He may not even have memory of those nights.

I'm sure even Tate genuinely believes he's not a rapist. The mind's capacity for denial and self-justification is insane.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Okay…? In terms of his view on the accusations and whether he is being truthful in his statements to media and how he sees himself you mean? 

If you have sex with someone but they didn’t consent and felt raped… isn’t that rape? 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

The problem is the cultural women's desire to be "taken" and for men to sort of push through woman's resistances and "conquer" her in bed

It's so hard to find balance in this. Women are not really known for giving a lot of explicit consent

Edited by Hello from Russia

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura Okay…? In terms of his view on the accusations and whether he is being truthful in his statements to media and how he sees himself you mean? 

Yes.

If you have sex with someone but they didn’t consent and felt raped… isn’t that rape? 

Legally yes.

Although there is some grey area here because girls can be fickle and change their minds. Especially if intoxicants are involved.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Hello from Russia said:

The problem is the cultural women's desire to be "taken" and for men to sort of push through woman's resistances and "conquer" her in bed

It's so hard to find balance in this. Women are not really known for giving a lot of explicit consent

As long as you are socially calibrated it’s obvious when they are giving consent… they are touching you, allowing you to touch them and even saying like, “I want you inside”… as she kisses you. Then you gotta get up and find the damn condoms hahah

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Hello from Russia said:

I see often the problem is the cultural women's desire to be "taken" and for men to sort of push through woman's resistances and "conquer" her in bed

There are many situations where a woman does give consent but later claims rape. This can be very tricky. 

This happened with Nick Carter. 

I don't know if there's a way to work around it. 

Although when the woman had already consented and then the rape charge doesn't hold ground, so you don't go to prison, yet, your reputation and consequently your career is tarnished forever. 

I mean that part doesn't change. What you lost, you can never get it back. 

Even though you didn't rape and she changed her mind. 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

Legally yes.

Although there is some grey area here because girls can be fickle and change their minds.

This is a challenge I see with a lot of accusations. When you feel bad about something or just hurt about a relationship or encounter it’s easy to rewrite memories, not take responsibility and demonize the person. Then you accuse them of rape, misconduct or what have you. I don’t know how common that is… but I’ve seen similar mental gymnastics in myself structurally so I imagine it can happen to women as well. 

I wonder what the story is on how this was done, or investigated by these news outlets. 

What is de true true?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

One time a girlfriend was so upset with me when she found out I picked her up at the club, she said that what I did was worse than rape. Even though we didn't even have sex til a month after the first night we met, and after several dates. And she loved all the sex. She was just upset that I did pickup.

Girls can certainly exaggerate and embellish things in their minds.

Edited by Leo Gura

I think Russel was too drunk to understand the feelings of some of these women, and these women were too passive in communicating their unwillingness to engage in sex. I think they were going with it but changed their mind once things got real.

He should sit with these girls and understand what happened.

Anyways, he looks unhinged in that video posted.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

@Leo Gura How did she not know? You guys met at the club no?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura How did she not know?

I literally met her at the club. But she had a fantasy in her mind that it was spiritual love at first sight. Romantic fantasy.

If you go to club and have sex with a girl by accident, that feels romantic to her. But if you tell her you went to that club to do pickup, that spoils her fantasy.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Damn. So did she dump you?

◭"89"