Phil King

Phil Kings Life Purpose Journal

111 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/mQ8wBNaNtys

I was happy with this vid. I think Ill make more like these because they feel more authentic.

I spent most of the day prepping for tomorrows interview. Made a list of responses to top 15 job interview questions and spent an hour reciting them. Tomorrow morning, ill do it again. Ive prepared, whatever happens now is Gods plan, whether I get the job or not. Hes never failed me yet

https://youtu.be/kK7zVOBL6_s

Quick vid today.

Turns out the interview today was just a quick preliminary one to give me an idea of what the job is like. I think I did well. I have another one tomorrow. I guess this gives me another day to prepare so thats good. 

I have my commencement ceremony tomorrow. Theyll call my name but I wont get a degree. IDGAF, traditional education can kiss my ass. Happy to finally be done with this BS and I can get started living my life. 

Finally done with college. The biggest relief ever knowing I will never need to go into a classroom again. I didnt get the job from SMC, idk why, I thought I killed it in my interview. Oh well, their loss. 

Ive only uploaded one video in the past week. Ive been busy with moving back up to NY and with work. I started work a few days ago and I worked a 9 hour shift today, pretty solid day today. I finished the audiobook "So Good They Cant Ignore You" by Cal Newport on my drive to work yesterday, very nice listen. Aim to become the best in your field and then passion will follow. Work schedule is pretty packed for the next 7-10 days so I will probably need to bulk record videos on Tuesday.

Another good day at work. I dont really like coming home, my family is very dysfunctional right now and are always fighting. Its hard to even get a good nights sleep. I need to make a plan to move out. I want to move back to florida, preferably Miami. Ive been doing the math and I would need like 3-4k per month to survive with some extra spending income. Also contemplating van life. Im gonna work all summer to save up, I would like to move out by the end of the year. 

^^ I watched this twice. Good to see Leo back in action. I think the part about traps being a gift was very profound and made me look back and see how my greatest failures were really just God teaching me a lesson that will help me in the future. It also made me sad because I look around and see so my friends and family keep falling for the same traps over and over again and never learn. 

Posted (edited)

Havent updated in a week. Was very busy with work. I now understand the plight of the average person. Its hard to even do any sort of personal development work or life purpose work when you come home from work and are so drained from 8-10+ hrs at my job. Still the pay is pretty good. I now have enough for the van so I am doing more research on facebook marketplace.

Ive been listening to audiobooks recently. I finished Matthew McConaugheys biography "Greenlights". Hes a good example of someone who was his authentic self and followed his bliss from a very young age. 

Also been watching some good movies. ^^^ I watched this yesterday. It was spike lees first movie and it was actually really good. He had a strong style from the beginning of his career.

Looking for something like this. My total costs per month would be around $1000. This would give me way more freedom than I currently have now. 

Also need to get back on the YouTube grind

Edited by Phil King

Almost finished with work this season. My last day is on Sunday. Im up to about $6000. After work ends, Im gonna go back on the ebay reselling grind, I made pretty good money doing it last year. 

Ive been pondering options for my future. Im debating between three main options. 1. Buy a van and go vanlife for 1-2 years. 2. Buy a house in upstate NY for cheap and go hard on creative and artistic career. Houses in Binghamton are actually very nice and you can get a 3+ bedroom house for less than $150k. I would probably just put a 5% down payment. 3. Move to Miami/Tampa and get an apartment.

Among all of those, Im leaning towards buying the house in NY. Mainly because I want to have full control over my living space. The past 4 years have made me so aware of how little control I have over my environment. Because of roommates, neighbors, and family, I dont think Ive had a week of peaceful sleep in over 2 years. To do any of these options though, Ill need a more consistent income. My current job is seasonal and needs me to be local. 

Also need to get back on the YT grind. This summers focus will be developing a location independent source of income that brings in at least $1000 a week, building YT channel, and developing creative skills like writing, music, and film. 

Lately Ive been obsessed with this song and music video. The video is actually an illusion that makes it seem like the floor is moving, but theyre actually moving the entire room. The director of this video, Jonathan Glazer, is also a feature film maker and was nominated for an oscar this year

Finished last day of work. It was a good season. I got a pay raise and my boss said he really wants me back for the fall and winter. Good to know I will always have a fallback option just in case. Also did more research on home owning and now Im realizing Im unlikely to get approved for a loan because I havent filed taxes ever lol. I never bothered because I never made more than like $25k a year. Will have to put being a homeowner on pause for a year or two so now main options are vanlife or getting apartment in florida. Was looking at Jacksonville, Tampa, or Miami.

Tomorrow im completely free so Im going to write some YT ideas and list items on ebay. Also going to look into good video recording setup. Im back at home so Ill be able to record better quality vids rather than just the car rants. Just focus on the few core things that move you forward in life and forget the other BS. 1. Writing 2. Learning 3. Recording 

"You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way"

^^^ I watched the new Richard Linklater movie that "came out" yesterday. Amazing movie that kept me hooked the entire time, highly recommend. It was actually released last year for a little bit, but they shelved it so they could have better promotion for Glen Powell because he just recently starred in a bunch of movies. 

^^^ New video. The first time I recorded it, I watched it back and realized I was blinking so much that it was distracting. Probably a symptom of nerves and me being uncomfortable on camera. I did another take and tried to be more OSHO-esq. Will have to work on that. I was able to hide my eyes in previous videos with sunglasses. 

I keep switching my plans up and can never commit to anything. I know that if I just stick with trying to make each video better for 90 days in a row, it will actually amount to something great. My plan right now is to release these sub 15 minute vids everyday on this channel and then making a second channel where Ill post longer 1+ hour full guide videos on books or deeper topics. I would probably pay an editor to do some light editing. I had to do some trimming on this vid and it was torturous, idk how people do that for a living. 

Going to postpone buying the van for a few months and just focus on saving money and grinding on the youtube channel, which involves writing scripts, reading books, and recording vids. 

Currently reading some really good books. "Democracy is Self Government" by Harold Percieval and "Michael Jordan: The Life"

^^^ One of Sandlers most underrated movies. About being present in your life and not just being on autopilot

I had collected some luxury items at some point in my life yet I did not discover joy in having them..

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words.