thenondualtankie

California set to legalize psychedelics for personal use

13 posts in this topic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2023/09/08/california-senate-passes-amended-psychedelics-legalization-bill/

If signed by the governor, Senate Bill 58 would legalize the personal possession, cultivation and use of the natural psychedelics dimethyltryptamine (DMT), mescaline (except for peyote), and psilocybin and psilocin, the primary psychoactive ingredients in “magic mushrooms,” by adults aged 21 and older. Supporters of the legislation say that the bill would facilitate therapeutic access to the drugs, which have been shown to have the potential to treat a variety of serious mental health conditions including post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression and substance misuse disorders. The bill caps the possession of mescaline at four grams, while the limit set for DMT, psilocybin and psilocyn is one gram.

Hell yeah!!!

girl-party-time-throw-down-bowl-and-scre

Where LSD though :ph34r:

Edited by Sincerity

Thanks for sharing the news.

If approved it goes into effect in 2025.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Hell yeah!!!

girl-party-time-throw-down-bowl-and-scre

Where LSD though :ph34r:

It's not a "natural" psychedelic so apparently that means it can't get legalized... ?

Business is business, since I found out how to microdose l realized that it is huge business oportunity for big and spinoff companies. It is going to be next boom. 

When I retire I go to pharmacy and buy myself happiness (microdosing tablets), I am sure about it. 

LSD has come psychological dependency if not following protocol.

NOW we finally have prove that Democrats are not just more “conscious” in a vague philosophical sense in policy prescriptions , but actually more conscious in a deep existential and spiritual way (they’re literally legalizing drugs which allow you to raise your consciousness).

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

10 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

NOW we finally have prove that Democrats are not just more “conscious” in a vague philosophical sense

We had that proof ever since evangelicals voted for Trump.

Sadly, Newsom had vetoed the bill. 

He said that even though he supports "'new opportunities to address mental health through psychedelic medicines like those addressed in this bill,' the state needs to establish regulations for the use of these substances before they are legalized."

“California should immediately begin work to set up regulated treatment guidelines — replete with dosing information, therapeutic guidelines, rules to prevent against exploitation during guided treatments, and medical clearance of no underlying psychoses. Unfortunately, this bill would decriminalize possession prior to these guidelines going into place, and I cannot sign it,” Newsom said in his veto statement. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-07/gavin-newsom-psychedelics-magic-mushrooms-sb-58-veto-drugs-california

Edited by Hardkill

8 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Sadly, Newsom had vetoed the bill.

That motherfucker!

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Leo Gura

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That motherfucker!

Do you think he did that because he's making a serious run president in case Biden drops out of the race 2024 or for a future presidential run and doesn't want to come off as being too far to the left for the general population of the whole country?

Or was it because of some of his corporate donors and the police force who put too much pressure on him not to sign it into law?

Edited by Hardkill

I think he's just trying to be extra careful.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think he's just trying to be extra careful.

Extra careful for what?

I wonder why the CA state legislatures didn't include provisions that would have good regulations for it? Maybe they didn't seriously want it to pass?

Edited by Hardkill