Soul Flight

Awakening Red Flags

12 posts in this topic

Howdy,

How do you all address these red flags? How can we be sure our path is correct?

1. In Christianity heaven exists after death. So the con is the Church controls you and the reward comes after death. It is the perfect closed system. Any con man would be proud of this scam. The reward is in the afterlife.

2. Awakening cannot be communicated. This sounds very suspicious. A con man would be proud of this scam.

3. Awakening appeals to psychedelic drug users, but to the general populace, these drugs simply exploit a short circuit in the brain and turn people into drop outs and burnouts. The psychedelics convince us the hallucination is more real than our sober reality and this might be an error of our cognition. A path involving mind altering drugs seems suspicious.

4. If there is a devil or trickery, the devil would appeal to our arrogance thinking we are god or the only "main character" of this simulation. We are seduced and exploited by the devil. Christians seem to have humility but Buddhists seem to be blasphemous in striving for Buddhahood.

How can we be sure this is not all Rene Descartes' "evil demon?" Are the Gnostics correct?

Fundamentaly life is about one thing and that is trust and ownership. Do you trust others and yourself - if you don't you will always think people or the world is out to get you. Do you own up to the fact that you're responsible to everything? If you don't. - you will belive you are powerless.

We can all come up with the most horrific scenarios about of life could be but we can also come up with the best possible  scenarios aswell. it's not that reality is this way or that way. Reality will always be everything - it's just that how YOU decide to look at life is how life will be reflected back at you.

If you look at life as evil, life will be evil towards you, if you look at life as good it will be good.

Which one is true? Both!! If you look long enough all those red flags will become true.. but that doesn't mean that they are true, it's just that from that perspective it is true because if you look at it from another perspective it becomes untrue.

So what is actually true? That which is. And because everything is, everything is ultimate truth...

So instead of thinking about if things are deluding you, think about if you're not deluding yourself into believing everything is deluding you, because that's what you do

You delude YOUR reality, YOUR perspective into exsistence. Don't be afraid if reality is this or that way - CHOOSE how you want to delude yourself

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

good contemplation however

scepticism to the point of cynicism gets you only so far

innocence to the point of heresy gets you all the way

you have to get your hands dirty, dive in head first, not count any cost, and be committed dedicated dogged unshakable to your last breath

else no dice

what others contend matters not a jot, all obstacles hardships reversals are fodder for your evolution

It cannot be spoken not because there aren't words for it but because it cannot be experienced by language language and logic stop you from experiencing it literally. 

Its not a thing its an experience of being. You have to turn all logic and language off to experience it. Your conciousness is constantly focused on words and understanding you need to turn these off and your conciousness will have to turn to something else because it can't be nothing.

Your logic will say if I stop using my logic I'm going to dissapear and you will dissapear and you won't be able to tell anyone or ask anyone about the experience.

Then you will see you aren't a human you are an energy field

Edited by Hojo

3 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

If there is a devil or trickery, the devil would appeal to our arrogance thinking we are god or the only "main character" of this simulation. We are seduced and exploited by the devil. Christians seem to have humility but Buddhists seem to be blasphemous in striving for Buddhahood.

How can we be sure this is not all Rene Descartes' "evil demon?" Are the Gnostics correct?

1 word: boogeyman 

I AM the boogeyman.

At some point, you will get over the self-concept and learn to just have fun within the Infinite Imagination 

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

Rare to see proper skepticism here.

6 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

How can we be sure our path is correct?

How can you be sure that the color red is not the color blue?

Sometimes, the need to be sure of things is unnecessary when it is right in front of you. There's no need for you to be sure of colors. Of sound. Because they are experienced. Focus on experience.

Being "sure" is not something reality requires. It becomes an unnecessary input at times.

2. Awakening cannot be communicated. This sounds very suspicious. A con man would be proud of this scam.

Colors cannot be communicated. Sound cannot be communicated. Your experience cannot be communicated. Nothing can truly be communicated. Communication by definition is not the thing. It's an abstraction of the thing.

Awakening appeals to psychedelic drug users, but to the general populace, these drugs simply exploit a short circuit in the brain and turn people into drop outs and burnouts. The psychedelics convince us the hallucination is more real than our sober reality and this might be an error of our cognition. A path involving mind altering drugs seems suspicious.

Yes, maybe.

If there is a devil or trickery, the devil would appeal to our arrogance thinking we are god or the only "main character" of this simulation.

For sure.

How can you be sure of anything? Sorry, but you're not escaping this question, haha.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

@Osaid i just thought about how you would describe a colour and there is no way. The colour red is god

If you are trying to find a path that is correct you have already started off on the wrong foot.

Contemplate that...

..then come back and ask me what that riddle means if you cannot discover the message yourself.

1. The view of heaven after death is a common belief not only in Christianity but in many other religions as well. It is not a "con," but a faith structure intended to guide moral/ethical behavior in this life. The church should not be controlling but guiding, supporting, and inspiring its congregation towards a higher moral and ethical life.

2. Awakening is quite a personal experience. While it may not be communicable in typical terms, its effects on one's life are often visible - increased peace, compassion, understanding, and so on. It doesn't mean it's a scam; it merely means it's something deeply personal and individual.

3. While it's true that some people have reported spiritual experiences using psychedelics, these substances are certainly not a requirement for a spiritual journey. Also, it's important to differentiate between a transient drug-induced experience and a sustained awakening or enlightenment, which typically arises from consistent practice, moral living, and inner transformation.

4. Indeed, humility is a cornerstone of any genuine path. In Buddhism, the understanding of interbeing and interconnectedness allows us to see our place in a larger whole, not as an isolated or superior entity. In Christianity, the idea of 'carrying one's cross' is a metaphor for the humility and selflessness required in spiritual life.

Edited by YogiCosmos

14 hours ago, SOUL said:

If you are trying to find a path that is correct you have already started off on the wrong foot.

Contemplate that...

..then come back and ask me what that riddle means if you cannot discover the message yourself.

What is your take on the riddle? I am thinking all paths are correct, and any path I find myself on is the correct path. To quote John Lennon, "There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be. It's easy. All you need is love." I should stop searching for a path and just "be."

Thank you to everyone for all your responses. Excellent responses. :)

16 hours ago, Hojo said:

i just thought about how you would describe a colour and there is no way. The colour red is god

Yep

Describe a thought.

15 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

I should stop searching for a path and just "be."

There is no correct or incorrect path, there just is what is and what you said here is something you can always use as the foundation to a life of well being. Us in seeking, even in seeking well being, is the mind imagining that we are lacking something, so just be it, then it is what is.