ivankiss

Enlightenment for dummies

56 posts in this topic

@Razard86 And that's where you are just straight out wrong. As wrong as you can be.

If you see a rock, which requires you to perceive a "thing", an "object", or "form".... that's duality.

There are no fucking rocks in the absolute. No one has ever seen or felt or experienced a rock in any way. That's just a dream.

If you awaken, there will be no rocks and no you to see them. Only pure being. Pure isness. Pure consciousness. Devoid of fragmentation. Free from any name.

43 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Unchanged, being, oneness, wholeness, motionless, light, consciousness... IS ABSOLUTE 

how is light absolute, isn't that a duality?

edit: wait no my mistake dark isn't the opposite of light, light has no opposite. is this what you mean?

Edited by Francis777

@Francis777 Light is just another cool label for consciousness. And yes, it has no opposite.

You might think that the unconscious is the opposite of consciousness, the same way that the dark is the opposite of light. But there are no such things, in actuality.

There is no unconsciousness. No dark. That's just imagination.

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Francis777 Light is just another cool label for consciousness. And yes, it has no opposite.

You might think that the unconscious is the opposite of consciousness, the same way that the dark is the opposite of light. But there are no such things, in actuality.

There is no unconsciousness. No dark. That's just imagination.

where have you had this realisation that light is just another facet of consciousness though, I've never done 5 meo before is that where this particular facet can show itself?

@Francis777 I'm not saying it's a facet (although it can certainly be seen that way too) rather, I'm saying that I'm just using the word 'light' to point towards consciousness as the Absolute. It has a biblical vibe to it, I like how it sounds.

If you wish to deepen your understanding on consciousness from that perspective though, look into densities of light. Not in classic scientific terms (although that can be useful too), rather from a spiritual point of view. Bashar, Abraham and others speak of densities a little bit.

8 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

where have you had this realisation 

I overdosed once one a variety of different psychedelics and had the most terrifying experiences in existence, during which all layers of reality were peeled off one by one, revealing the truth of being.

That was a huge game - changer. But my insights and realizations accumulated over the years from all kinds of different angles. At least that's what the story says.

51 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Francis777 I'm not saying it's a facet (although it can certainly be seen that way too) rather, I'm saying that I'm just using the word 'light' to point towards consciousness as the Absolute. It has a biblical vibe to it, I like how it sounds.

If you wish to deepen your understanding on consciousness from that perspective though, look into densities of light. Not in classic scientific terms (although that can be useful too), rather from a spiritual point of view. Bashar, Abraham and others speak of densities a little bit.

I overdosed once one a variety of different psychedelics and had the most terrifying experiences in existence, during which all layers of reality were peeled off one by one, revealing the truth of being.

That was a huge game - changer. But my insights and realizations accumulated over the years from all kinds of different angles. At least that's what the story says.

oh right I get you, just using it as a synonym for consciousness. Yeah I've seen it used in some of the spiritual texts I've read, but mostly disregarded it because a lot of new agers use it when they spew crap. Not saying you are of course, just personally never considered to use it as a synonym.

I'll look into Bashar and Abraham though, I'm interested as to what mean by densities. Maybe the word light being the medium for surfaces within consciousness

Edited by Francis777

Yes indeed, enlightenment is for dummies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would not say that the change is illusory, that label evokes deception, and there is no such thing as deception, only reality. The word would be limitation. 

The ultimate reality is absolute infinity, which is immutable given its infinite character. If you break all the limitation, your true nature remains, which we could describe as the unlimited void that is everything.

Being infinite, everything blurs until it is nothing. Nothing can be added or subtracted from it, therefore, it is immutable. Only the substance remains: your true nature, unlimited life. 

The experience that is occurring is not an illusion, it is limited infinity. the vision of only a part of infinity, this part now consists of me sitting on a terrace in the center of the city watching extremely beautiful girls pass by. Those girls are real, like everything else, they are the substance of the infinite that blinds itself to everything except what constitutes that girl that is happening right now. It is not an illusion, since it really is the totality of infinity, since everything, absolutely, is infinite. everything is alive, it is real, and it is total 

The mistake is to think that there is a center, you, who is doing something, imagining, and there is a product of that action, a dream, that has a secondary quality, being unreal. All that are limitation, a misunderstanding.

Ahh, yes, I forget... Hyper conscious alien squirrels! That's what we're after!

"Enlightenment" is so 2016... Not a fancy enough word anymore.

Edited by ivankiss

12 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Ahh, yes, I forget... Hyper conscious alien squirrels! That's what we're after!

"Enlightenment" is so 2016... Not a fancy enough word anymore.

Correct. If you are not conscious of an alien squirrel right now, you are disconnected from truth. Such is the tragic humor of God. (sarcasm)

Describe a thought.

@ivankiss what if consciousness does not change at all and at the same time can change?

in other words what is the real difference between change and changeless what if they're the same?

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

@Atb210201 There is no change if there is no perceiver perceiving the change. In other words, change only exists because "you" are there to see it (hallucinate it). It requires a "you" character, it requires perception or senses and it requires an object that you're perceiving or experiencing, in this case "change". Which is way more than two... Hardcore duality lol.

Being, consciousness, the absolute... can hallucinate an experience of change, but it's not actual. Not real. It's a dream. That's kind of the whole point. 

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss yes I know all of that you just said and it is the truth except that I feel you are so focused on the changeless part of it and nothingness part of it that you refuse to accept the perspective of change and differences (call them apparent or whatever) part of it

in other words you are separating duality and oneness

or if you accept the changing parts of the world and everything okay we are good I presumed wrong then

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

21 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Being, consciousness, the absolute... can hallucinate an experience of change, but it's not actual. Not real. It's a dream. That's kind of the whole point. 

Consciousness creates change by dreaming it,  or the change, being, creates the appearance of a consciousness that perceives it, when there is no perceiver, only change?

Edited by Breakingthewall

But true awakening is not knowing things, nor understanding things, it is facing all the layers of fear that are in you, opening yourself to them and going through them. It is not a contemplation, it is an action. 

The content of the experience is irrelevant, understanding the structure of the experience is also irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you are God, if you are infinite, all that is structure. The only awakening is to let the self fall into the void, let go of control and open yourself to the unlimited.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Consciousness is not different from its content. Screen and film are one in action, indistinguishable. First you recognize, then you merge back.

In understanding this, one unites absolute and relative reality. However, one must have mastered both and cannot jump to the end directly.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 hour ago, Atb210201 said:

I feel you are so focused on the changeless part of it and nothingness part of it

Well yes, I am, in this thread and others similar to it. But I don't generally deny the "human experience" or anything within it. I'm also ok with perceiving dualistically, identifying, standing for certain values and beliefs... All of it. BUT it is important to see thing for what they are. You believe in unicorns or alien squirrels? Good. Just be conscious that those are beliefs. That's my point.

47 minutes ago, Davino said:

Consciousness is not different from its content. Screen and film are one in action, indistinguishable. First you recognize, then you merge back.

In understanding this, one unites absolute and relative reality. However, one must have mastered both and cannot jump to the end directly.

In actuality, there is no notion of duality, nor oneness. Yet oneness is all there is.

Like a movie that's watching itself. It's happening nowhere. On no screen. And there is no movie either... But yeah.

I have read all of that and I still don’t understand what enlightenment is

Sailing on the ceiling 

3 minutes ago, Rigel said:

I have read all of that and I still don’t understand what enlightenment is

Literally me every time I read some scientific stuff.