jdc7733

Is awakening something that just happens or...?

26 posts in this topic

Is there a process to achieve awakening?

Yes, it's a process for the most part. But for some it can happen spontaneously. But that's very rare.

The "process" is really about breaking down the limitations we set on ourselves. In truth everyone is already awakened.

Edited by cetus

Like what @cetus said, you are already awakened. You are awake (being, existing) right now reading this comment.

In truth, there is no awakening, since there is no one to be awake or unawake. 

There is only this awareness. 

2 hours ago, JellyDogShoe_1Mil said:

In truth, there is no awakening, since there is no one to be awake or unawake. 

The ultimate realization. But can one really live like that? Or would you choose to live 'just this close'. Finding a 'sweet spot' so to speak.

Edited by cetus

I don‘t think there is really free will

so it happens on its own

33 minutes ago, cetus said:

The ultimate realization. But can one really live like that? Or would you choose to live 'just this close'. Finding a 'sweet spot' so to speak.

Yes, it's called The Natural State, sahaja samadhi, etc.  This is the realization that everything that happens happens naturally, and any thread of identification has always been a fallacy.  There is no sweet spot, there is no "let's be attached just a little bit", there is no compromise with The Absolute.  You have to let go completely.

Edited by SeaMonster

15 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Yes, it's called The Natural State, sahaja samadhi, etc.  This is the realization that everything that happens happens naturally, and any thread of identification has always been a fallacy.  There is no sweet spot, there is no "let's be attached just a little bit", there is no compromise with The Absolute.  You have to let go completely.

.......and vanish without a trace.

2 minutes ago, cetus said:

.......and vanish without a trace.

Only in a good way. :D

2 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Only in a good way. :D

I'll miss me when I'm gone. 

@cetus when i had my first ego death i grieved for the death of myself for like 3 months, i only half came back.

it felt like gods love nuked me so hard and god was grieving its beautiful baby

Edited by Hojo

33 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Yes, it's called The Natural State, sahaja samadhi, etc. 

Yes. Amazing as samadhi is it too must be surrendered. The last gate.

@Hojo One foot in each world.

16 minutes ago, cetus said:

I'll miss me when I'm gone. 

It's hard to miss something after realizing it was never real to begin with.

3 minutes ago, cetus said:

Yes. Amazing as samadhi is it too must be surrendered. The last gate.

That's just a label for something, not holding on to an idea of what your experience is supposed to be.

That something is experienced as complete surrender.

Edited by SeaMonster

1 minute ago, SeaMonster said:

It's hard to miss something after realizing it was never real to begin with.

That was a joke. When your gone your gone. Let the samadhi consume you.

On 8/31/2023 at 0:11 PM, jdc7733 said:

Is there a process to achieve awakening?

No, but there can seem to be!

Its not something gained or achieved. It's not advantageous for a someone.

I would describe awakening as a realization which inherently carries with it an energetic shift away from upholding the illusory self construct known as "ME"

Or

The disentangling from the socially conditioned matrix of mind known as "ME"

Only there's no one that comes out on the other side awakened or enlightened. Nobody benefits

In other words its the end of the individual trying to achieve awakening!

Its ordinary which can be a surprising let down for the self illusion! ?

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake you still think that the self is illusory lol? 

Gosh that's so 2018 :D

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake you still think that the self is illusory lol? 

Gosh that's so 2018 :D

Right, hehe! ❤️ 

Ironically it was around 2018 when this first started becoming obvious.

Never the less, reality is always timelessly "THIS" or "Whatever seems to be happening"

Nothing matters at all and so-called salvation;freedom;liberation is already the case which is why it seems hidden!

That's the "open secret" bro

❤️ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Right, hehe! ❤️ 

Ironically it was around 2018 when this first started becoming obvious.

Never the less, reality is always timelessly "THIS" or "Whatever seems to be happening"

Nothing matters at all and so-called salvation;freedom;liberation is already the case which is why it seems hidden!

That's the "open secret" bro

❤️ 

I see ?

Just curious..are you open to the possibility that there is "more " to awakening than merely recognition of no self?

It is not uncommon to experience or realize one facet of infinity that might make you think you know it all  and then to later realize deeper..more profound aspects  .

So be patient about the experience you had in 2018.  don’t be quick to come to conclusions or form solid understandings. Stay open minded   lighthearted..and interested. You’ve been moving quick..burning through the mental layers that take a lot of people years.

Lastly..if you think this is a ride.. wait till you fully realize the infinite unconditional love that you are. Reality gets entirely flipped inside out.. outside in. The whole show  is literally happening within you.. within your love ❤ 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

I see ?

Just curious..are you open to the possibility that there is "more " to awakening than merely recognition of no self?

It is not uncommon to experience or realize one facet of infinity that might make you think you know it all  and then to later realize deeper..more profound aspects  .

So be patient about the experience you had in 2018.  don’t be quick to come to conclusions or form solid understandings. Stay open minded   lighthearted..and interested. You’ve been moving quick..burning through the mental layers that take a lot of people years.

Lastly..if you think this is a ride.. wait till you fully realize the infinite unconditional love that you are. Reality gets entirely flipped inside out.. outside in. The whole show  is literally happening within you.. within your love ❤ 

What i'm talking about is ordinary it's not complex at all!

All the seeker can do is continue to endlessly seek bro.  Notice it!

Its motto is "THIS is not it"

It cannot begin to fathom its own unreality......it's way to busy seeking for a better experience in the future.

Its the perfect distraction.

Were just not talking about the same thing and that's totally fine! 

❤️ 

On 9/2/2023 at 3:11 AM, Someone here said:

you still think that the self is illusory lol? 

If it's not illusory, where is it beyond the thought/belief "I am my body/thoughts/feelings."?

Are all your thoughts "real"?

Edited by SeaMonster