Bufo Alvarius

What happens when we die

25 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The ultimate delusion. Chasing after enlightenment as a way to avoid having to reincarnate as a human being ever again is probably the most sure fire way to ensure that you will definitely reincarnate as a human.

What you resist persists.

God, you people are so uber-serious you can't take an obvious joke. :P

Although, in all actuality, it doesn't matter what your motivation for enlightenment is, the real issue is whether you awaken or not.  Whatever the motivational thoughts that led to that drop off anyway.  You could be motivated by thinking you'll get laid or make more money.  How you get there doesn't matter.

People who think they have PURE motivations in seeking are lying to themselves anyway.

11 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Let me introduce you "Alien Torture".

Let me introduce you to "stop being influenced by whacked out Leo Gura videos." xD

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Nah, anybody can do it though. Just try to find yourself. It's still a thought. I'm thinking this to myself. There's still a me trying to find myself, and it only happens when I deliberately try to do it. It's kinda hard to describe, but I'll try. It feels like there's no point of reference.

The basic question is, what is your current conception of "I"? Is there a center point, or mindbody identification?

28 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

God, you people are so uber-serious you can't take an obvious joke. :P

You'd be surprised how many people pursue spirituality because they unironically think that it's a get-out-of-jail ticket that will allow them to escape their dreaded human existence. I mean, just look at this forum, for crying out loud.

So yeah, if someone is saying shit like that on here, it's not obvious to me AT ALL that they're just kidding about it.

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You'd be surprised how many people pursue spirituality because they unironically think that it's a get-out-of-jail ticket that will allow them to escape their dreaded human existence. I mean, just look at this forum, for crying out loud.

I would guess that approaches 100% of seekers, but they would also almost never admit it.

There is a high seriousness that surrounds seeking, with all kinds of moral undertones about the purity of motivations for seeking.

In reality, it's close to 100% a search for relief from neurosis or worse.

5 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

In reality, it's close to 100% a search for relief from neurosis or worse.

Yeah well, 100% of people who go see a psychiatrist do so because they have mental problems. Which doesn't mean that it's particularly helpful to keep them in that state.

The faster you let go of your fantasies about awakening, the faster you'll actually awaken.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

You return to the source of all things .and then anything can happen from that place .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .