Bufo Alvarius

What happens when we die

25 posts in this topic

TLDR: Upon death of the avatar, consciousness moves to a different reality frame, where it takes some time to decompress, before moving on to planning it's next incarnation.

This is my nightmare. What if next time I’m some man back in 1500 century waiting in line for a medieval torture machine because “consciousness allows it” 

@SugarcoatAccording to Tom you would only incarnate forward in time, as all those decisions in the past have been already being taken by the players. 

1 hour ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

@SugarcoatAccording to Tom you would only incarnate forward in time, as all those decisions in the past have been already being taken by the players. 

nonetheless gotta enjoy where we are now aight

Nothing happens to your real nature.

It's like the end of one dream, but what you really are (awareness, The Self, reality, whatever you want to call it) is completely untouched. 

You are that even now. 

Edited by JellyDogShoe_1Mil

16 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

This is my nightmare. What if next time I’m some man back in 1500 century waiting in line for a medieval torture machine because “consciousness allows it” 

Better get enlightened in this lifetime so you don't have to reincarnate as a human. :P

6 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Better get enlightened in this lifetime so you don't have to reincarnate as a human. :P

The ultimate hack 

9 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

The ultimate hack 

Ever sit down and try to find yourself? I can't find it. Lol. I'm like, where am I. Anywhere I point to it's not me. No, I'm not trippin'.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Ever sit down and try to find yourself? I can't find it. Lol. I'm like, where am I. Anywhere I point to it's not me. No, I'm not trippin'.

Yes absolutely mostly in the past. I feel we sense ourselves differently at different times and situations so sometiems I feel my own “vibe” for example like an energy , sometimes I’m just walking around like a body without no one in it, sometiems I feel more contracted or whatever or open and expansive , like an open field. so it depends but i get it what you say, can’t pin point it exactly ?

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

Yes absolutely mostly in the past. I feel we sense ourselves differently at different times and situations so sometiems I feel my own “vibe” for example like an energy , sometimes I’m just walking around like a body without no one in it, sometiems I feel more contracted or whatever or open and expansive , like an open field. so it depends but i get it what you say, can’t pin point it exactly ?

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Even my memories are seeming fake. Like they never happened. Today I went to the store and when I got back, it felt like I never left. I was back on my couch and said to myself, I felt like I never went anywhere. Weird shit. Even when I wake up in the morning and as soon as I open my eyes, things look funny like I im looking at a mirror with pictures in it. And then my eyes get adjusted. 

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

If that's a stable state, that could be the first stage of nondual awakening. The center point is gone, and there sort of a localized emptiness, like a ball of nothingness.  There is still an idea of "me" though, it's just not the old idea.

Once the idea of "me" is seen as a social fiction, that's enlightenment.

Edited by SeaMonster

5 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Let me introduce you "Alien Torture".

@Bufo Alvarius What a nice explanation, thanks for sharing!

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

7 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

The ultimate hack 

The ultimate delusion. Chasing after enlightenment as a way to avoid having to reincarnate as a human being ever again is probably the most sure fire way to ensure that you will definitely reincarnate as a human.

What you resist persists.

3 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

If that's a stable state, that could be the first stage of nondual awakening. The center point is gone, and there sort of a localized emptiness, like a ball of nothingness.  There is still an idea of "me" though, it's just not the old idea.

Once the idea of "me" is seen as a social fiction, that's enlightenment.

Nah, anybody can do it though. Just try to find yourself. It's still a thought. I'm thinking this to myself. There's still a me trying to find myself, and it only happens when I deliberately try to do it. It's kinda hard to describe, but I'll try. It feels like there's no point of reference. When I look at something, like an object, or anything for that matter, it seems to be coming from within my eyes and it's not really out there. My eyes kinda look like a mirror when I'm looking from within them, through them. 

Nothing special about that. It's like it's always been that way, just never noticed before. Nothing hard to do, just sit there, or stand, and try to look out your eyes from within. Sometimes it even seems like there are no eyes, only what's out there and sometimes like there's no out there only what's coming from the eyes. It's weird, but I can only see it when It's deliberately done, which is pretty often, because I got so used to doing it, but it comes automatically after sleeping and when I first open them. Like I came from somewhere and now I'm back. I'm sure anybody can do it too if they concentrate on the eyes when they're open. 

As far as trying to find myself, that is just all the time. The "sensation" of that, though, is mostly up top, from the neck up. I say sensation, not that I feel anything, quite the contrary, but I can't find another word to use. But apart from all I described, I still feel normal like before just aware of these things that I never noticed before. Years ago, tho, I used to ask myself, what is this thing that keeps following me around that I can't pinpoint. I remember asking myself that a few times. I would also look at a person and said to myself, I wonder what it would be like to be in their body and sometimes it felt like I was in their body. I dunno, just seems like anybody can do this. My mind just gets into different states but I don't dig too deep because I notice I start to get scared if I do, so I quickly snap out of it especially with the eye part. Not scared scared but a weird feeling.

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The ultimate delusion. Chasing after enlightenment as a way to avoid having to reincarnate as a human being ever again is probably the most sure fire way to ensure that you will definitely reincarnate as a human.

I’ve never been a spiritual seeker so don’t know who you’re talking to although understandable you’d get that impression , would agree nonetheless 

10 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Even my memories are seeming fake. Like they never happened. Today I went to the store and when I got back, it felt like I never left. I was back on my couch and said to myself, I felt like I never went anywhere. Weird shit. Even when I wake up in the morning and as soon as I open my eyes, things look funny like I im looking at a mirror with pictures in it. And then my eyes get adjusted. 

I can definitely relate to the memory part. I believe it connects to the slowing down of one’s perception of time, which for me happened when I became less and less attached to the mind. And also perhaps we have an idea of how memories are “supposed” to feel, based on how people in our surroundings talk about their past, in a way where it seems they feel it’s very “real”. 

don’t know what you mean with it looking like pictures in a mirror, but I can say I’m familiar with the world looking “flat” and 2D almost, lacking depth to it like animation. 

There ain't no "we".  Death will only reinforce that fact. Death is only the death of "us". Consciousness and awareness will be where it always has been.

57% paranoid

4 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

There is no such thing as reincarnation, time, and "future". God doesn't care about anything, he has an infinite number of dreams anyway, whether you like being human or not.

23 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

There ain't no "we".  Death will only reinforce that fact. Death is only the death of "us". Consciousness and awareness will be where it always has been.

Yes.

Edited by Tudo

On 31.8.2023 at 1:16 PM, Bufo Alvarius said:

TLDR: Upon death of the avatar, consciousness moves to a different reality frame, where it takes some time to decompress, before moving on to planning it's next incarnation.

Wow, thanks for sharing, that was very clear. Matches to what I have learned so far from my own experiences.