Hardkill

Tyt and Secular Talk say that the progressives in Congress are not true progressives

6 posts in this topic

Over the past year, TYT and Secular Talk have been very critical of the progressives in both the House and the Senate in Congress for not fighting hard enough and having succumbed to the "Washington group-think." They've recently slammed AOC, who is undoubtedly one of the most progressive and one of the most left-wing politicians in all of the country, for endorsing Biden for re-election more than year before the general election.

I also saw many people in the comments section below each of these vids expressing their deep disappointment of her. One of them said "AOC is not progressive, she's totally addicted to the smell of committee chairs and that power." Another said "She sold out when she voted YES to avert the rail strike and force a bad contract on railworkers. I lost all respect and support for her. She’s just another democrat." Someone else said "AOC took some notes from the Obama book. She talks a good game, comes off as a fighter for the people, but in the end she’s a neoliberal."

They've also been disappointed with Bernie Sander's full support of Biden:

One person commented below that vid that "Bernie is a sellout."

Cenk has called all of the progressives in Congress "theoretical progressives":

Kyle has also called them on his own show "theoretical progressives."

There are bunch of other videos of TYT and Secular Talk saying how the progressives in Congress had let them down.

AOC seems to become more mature after first-hand experience with true politics. Progressives are lost in their own fantasies, disregarding the fact that most people are not progressives. Let alone the fact that even if a progressive president won elections, they will not be able to do much given the number of conservatives in the senate.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

The progressives become regressive when compassion exist without spirituality.  The left is failing because of its atheism.  
AOC was never a true progressive, her words became empty as soon as she got into power and isn't willing to be honest with the BIG pitfalls of the system.  

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Aoc seems to be more mature after first hand experience with true politics. Progressives are lost in their own fantasies, disregarding the fact that most people are not progressives.

Yeah, that what I think too.

1 hour ago, Tanz said:

The progressives become regressive when compassion exist without spirituality.  The left is failing because of its atheism.  
AOC was never a true progressive, her words became empty as soon as she got into power and isn't willing to be honest with the BIG pitfalls of the system.  

How do you know that she isn't spirituality?

And what about the right with their extreme religious dogma? 

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Progressives are lost in their own fantasies, disregarding the fact that most people are not progressives.

Most people don't call themselves "progressive", but true progressive policies like universal healthcare, livable minimum wage, ending oversea wars, giving more power to working class people etc. (leaving aside all the culture war BS) are in fact overwhelmingly popular among regular folks in the US. I mean, why wouldn't they be?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

How do you know that she isn't spirituality?

And what about the right with their extreme religious dogma? 

She doesn't speak up on the over funding of the military and funding the war. 

People like Sam Harris represents the new democratic party. Kyle Kulinski is an outspoken atheist too and roles his eyes at "hippy" language like compassion and forgiveness. 

For the most part the right is filled with selective bias to religious dogma such as being "pro" life yet support drone strikes and would rather let someone die from a medical condition than to have universal health care. 

The present democratic party is more wound up with Trans issues than corporate corruption. 

When was the last time AOC spoke against lobbyist?