Butters

Is all One / Me?

17 posts in this topic

If all is one and all is me, then why does Leo make a distinction between absolute and relative? Is this just for arguments sake? 

From solipsism POV, aren't I (my perception of self and the world) all there is? 

i created a me me and a tweaked me namely you so i could have fun in a dream ... you are me tweaked but both of us have forgotten that each of us is me

everything here is me

9 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

i created a me me and a tweaked me namely you so i could have fun in a dream ... you are me tweaked but both of us have forgotten that each of us is me

everything here is me

I feel that too that the me was created as an avatar in a dream, so I understand that, but it doesn't answer my question. Or are we just playing word games at this point? I'm confused. 

9 minutes ago, Butters said:

I feel that too that the me was created as an avatar in a dream, so I understand that, but it doesn't answer my question. Or are we just playing word games at this point? I'm confused. 

all is me but that's no fun, i had to cut myself into pieces to make life interesting

we're clones in different clothes

16 minutes ago, Butters said:

I just love your avatar. That's all. No confusion about that. You created your avatar as a symbol of you. I'm experiencing that with no confusion. Your avatar isn't you, it's symbolic. No word games there. Somebody else might not like it, so it's relative. It's all the absolute. Symbolic of the One

Know thyself....

Relatively you and individuals exist

Absolutely you and individuals are one thing

It is all your mind but your mind is seperated from your absolute mind.

You are god and God went into or created  a machine around itself now its outside and inside the machine at the same time and its in all other machines too you are just a piece of God inside a specific machine and all the machine is is a measurement tool to measure the universe relatively instead of absolutely.

When you leave the machine all you do it loose all your self measurement capabilaties

Edited by Hojo

1 hour ago, Butters said:

If all is one and all is me, then why does Leo make a distinction between absolute and relative? Is this just for arguments sake? 

From solipsism POV, aren't I (my perception of self and the world) all there is? 

All ideas about reality in the end are toxic and an obstacle. You have to forget them completely. They are useful at first to open your mind to possibilities other than materialism, but once this is done, they must be erased completely. Your mind must be a blank space, anything other than that is corruption.

In moments of clarity and high states of consciousness I walk down the street and people look in my eyes as if they think "there He is, I haven't seen Him in a while", or even more like mesmerized. 

Is this my ego? I meant that I feel that literally my ego is the only thing there is. When people aren't around me they literally don't exist except for as a thought. 

So all that I just described is just part of my unique dream then? 

BTW after making this thread and reading your replies I had a very special experience at yoga class like I was about to wake up from the dream but I jinxed it by thinking about it lol.

@Butters

What's your ego?

Can you point at it?

Does it have a specific shape?

If it is the only thing that exists, why do you call it "your ego"? Why not simply "reality"?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

5 hours ago, Butters said:

Your perception can radically change if you alter and deeply intensify/amp Up your state of consciouness/energy/vibration.

You put too much importance on yout current perception. You should not assume that your default perception renders all the information that is there.

Edited by Javfly33

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Butters

What's your ego?

Can you point at it?

Does it have a specific shape?

If it is the only thing that exists, why do you call it "your ego"? Why not simply "reality"?

That's an excellent question, I guess it's because I have empathy to understand that my worldview is only that, my worldview, and other's is equally valid. Yet at the same time part of me believes mine really is all there is. 

40 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Your perception can radically change if you alter and deeply intensify/amp Up your state of consciouness/energy/vibration.

You put too much importance on yout current perception. You should not assume that your default perception renders all the information that is there.

That makes sense I guess. So everything is happening right now, but I can only perceive this very specific, very limited version of it because of my consiousness.

Or would you rather say I'm moving right now through an infinite field of possibility, meaning I could literally turn into a cow if I really wanted to? 

By your reasoning I can understand why people would wanna go deep on Psychedelics but I don't have the interest right now. 

Edited by Butters

5 hours ago, Butters said:

That's an excellent question, I guess it's because I have empathy to understand that my worldview is only that, my worldview, and other's is equally valid. Yet at the same time part of me believes mine really is all there is.

Hmm... I see. So you think that there are different perspectives/realities, and yet at the same time you think that only "your" perspective/reality exists. Leaving aside the fact that you seem to hold two contradictory beliefs that should completely cancel each other out, let's examine them one by one, shall we?

1. There are multiple realities, and one of them is "yours". This statement begs the question: Where are those other realities which are "not yours"? Are they hidden somewhere behind the scenes, safely tucked away in God's secret junk room? And if we define reality as "all that exists", then how can there even be multiple realities? Shouldn't all of those so-called realities together form one big undivided reality that encompasses absolutely everything? And if that is the case, then how can this one all-encompassing reality possibly be "your" reality?

2. My reality is the only one that exists. This statement brings us to the same question as the first one: If your reality is the only one, then how can it be "yours"? A thing can only be "yours" when there is something else in existence to contrast it with which is "not yours", or if there are others who could hypothetically claim ownership of that thing... as in "hey pal, hands off!! That's not your reality, it's mine!" See what I mean?

So yeah, your belief system seems to be a rather shaky house of cards that doesn't hold out too well against closer scrutiny, wouldn't you agree? Better just let it crash down and be done with it, if you ask my humble opinion. ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

11 hours ago, Butters said:

That makes sense I guess. So everything is happening right now, but I can only perceive this very specific, very limited version of it because of my consiousness.

Correct. You can modify your current state so you can access more than just what the five senses render. 

20 hours ago, Butters said:

Total Mindfuck. And any opinion you have of someone or something you are really just judging yourself. All underdeveloped or overdevelopment is relative. 

self /other is absolute , not relative

every “self” is in infinite, sovereign, solipsistic dreamer.

you wom’t merge with the universal consciousness when you die, that’s a nondual fantasy.

everything is one, however from a different pov, in the sense that everything is consciousness.

maybe I’m wrong, but all my insights lately have been leading me in this direction.

Edited by Oppositionless

reposting from my journal:

how monadology /absolute solipsism differs from nonduality

The Mind At Large

in Bernardo Kastrup’s theory, the mind at large divides itself into multiple perspectives. Kastrup doesn’t believe mind at large is particularly intelligent, as it is a simple primordial consciousness. upon death the individual’s consciousness becomes one with the mind at large

Absole Solipsism

in contrast, absolute solipsism recognizes that the Self is absolutely exclusive. there is no merging with the mind at large because the Self IS a mind at large, one of an infinite number of minds at large. Therefore God, the totality, is not a simple primordial consciousness but the totality of infinite soverign Selfs or Monads.

in other words, God is not a simple substance, God is infinite complexity of infinite souls interrelating with one another. the individual “I” is not a temporary dissociation from the mind at large, it’s an absolute.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:18 AM, Butters said:

If you want to dream up something, anything at all, you are creating a duality.   God doesn't want to stay in a state of complete Oneness all the time.  It wants to dream what it would be like to have separation - because it's mind is unbounded and it thirsts to understand all that can be understood through experience. It's because its mind is not bounded that it is free to do this.  And so it does.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.