Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majed

which stage of ego development is sam harris

6 posts in this topic

he sounds somewhere around the construct aware stage 

Sam Harris seems to be missing why Trump and Andrew Tate are so popular and it's not because they are assholes, it's often in spite of the fact that they are assholes.  They both at least appear to be able to offer something that an increasingly large pocket of society desperately wants.  They aren't delivering because they're both con arts but they're tapping into and exploiting unmet needs and pain.

Trump and Tate are both making things worse in many ways but I strive to focus on the societal and systemic reasons that people are making them kings because that's a larger and more relevant problem that we need to be addressing in my opinion.

Surprisingly good and original take.

Kind of asshole of him for charging for the full episode :P

you guys are not giving your opinions about which stage of ego development you think he's at 

I don't really know how to identify but I would agree with you that a significant part of him is at the construct aware stage.  He's obviously aware of the nature of his own ego and has been working to transcend it, but he's also dogmatic about his belief that everybody should be transcending their egos and maybe that's not a universally applicable value.

I think I've been in the construct aware stage for years at this point, I'm not really looking to necessarily move ahead since things are still progressing naturally, but I don't know if I have ever really found so many people that are fully in the unitive stage.  Still see fragments of ego in even the most spiritually advanced people.  I don't think he's in the unitive state but he has achieved a state of peace that many haven't in certain circumstances which is what I'm striving for as a whole.

Edited by Topspin715