Twega

Friends Come Up With Any Excuse To Not Watch Leo/Actualized.org

37 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's a friend right now I have who likes when I talk about metaphysics and the Universe to them. The only reason I do, is because they enjoy when I speak about this stuff.

Exactly. If your friends are bothered by your interest’s and are unwilling to engage with them, there is no friendship (goes both ways of course).

Friendship fundamentally depends on you being able to share your passions and interests with each other. 

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

Exactly. If your friends are bothered by your interest’s and are unwilling to engage with them, there is no friendship (goes both ways of course).

Friendship fundamentally depends on you being able to share your passions and interests with each other. 

Yes, but people also get defensive and emotional when discussing politics and religion (not saying this is, but it falls under the same category) , that I wouldn't even use it as a criteria for a successful friendship. A plus, but not necessary. The difference to me is whether they can respect my views on these touchy subjects without letting it affect our friendship. That's where the challenge is for most.

Know thyself....

15 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Hmm, careful how you use the word "kinky" with me, I might get excited and chain myself up just to watch that video again. It might teach me how to make myself squirt.?‍?️

lmao sounds fun

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yes, but people also get defensive and emotional when discussing politics and religion (not saying this is, but it falls under the same category) , that I wouldn't even use it as a criteria for a successful friendship. A plus, but not necessary. The difference to me is whether they can respect my views on these touchy subjects without letting it affect our friendship. That's where the challenge is for most.

Never had any problems with this, luckily.

I’ve always held quite extreme views on politics and religion, and I have no reservations at all about transgressing social norms — as long as you’re secure enough in your own perspective, you can always settle for a friendly „agree to disagree.“

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Why are people on this forum so desperate to convert people to Leoism?

Accept that maybe these people are right and you're wrong, you're acting like annoying missionaries.

11 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I got some of my friends to watch Leo’s videos and take psychedelics and they thank me for it to this day.

Well, possibly that they were already interested in it to some degree and you built their trust in you and they happened to be receptive to you. But this is not usually in my experience.

Lol why would you recommend it to your friends. I have to watch Actualized in hiding. ?

11 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Why are people on this forum so desperate to convert people to Leoism?

Accept that maybe these people are right and you're wrong, you're acting like annoying missionaries.

I recommend anything I find useful to my friends. Stuff on nutrition, studies, books, and yes even Leo. I’m not trying to convert them, I’m recommending they watch something and let them decide if it’s useful or not. What’s wrong with that?

Yes, Actualized.org will help them the most out of all the podcasts and videos on youtube. I’m not trying to jerk-off Leo, but the gold in his content is just off the charts man….. I personally haven’t come across something as valuable as actualized.org was to me. And I’m an avid reader and learner. 

I don’t care if it’s Leo or aliens who made it, I want them to watch the content; not Leo.

I told you how knee jerk their reactions were, and you think i’m the one being overly zealous? They are much more of zealots than me and that’s why they can’t watch anything outside their comfortable paradigm. 

Im sorry but your argument is judgmental. Tons of my friends watched Leo and thanked me dearly for introducing them to this field of knowledge. What’s wrong with recommending it to others man? 

No one should push anything too far. Which is why I back off when I sense they’re coming up with excuses 

2 hrs? Nope

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

15 minutes ago, Twega said:

I recommend anything I find useful to my friends. Stuff on nutrition, studies, books, and yes even Leo. I’m not trying to convert them, I’m recommending they watch something and let them decide if it’s useful or not. What’s wrong with that?

Yes, Actualized.org will help them the most out of all the podcasts and videos on youtube. I’m not trying to jerk-off Leo, but the gold in his content is just off the charts man….. I personally haven’t come across something as valuable as actualized.org was to me. And I’m an avid reader and learner. 

I don’t care if it’s Leo or aliens who made it, I want them to watch the content; not Leo.

I told you how knee jerk their reactions were, and you think i’m the one being overly zealous? They are much more of zealots than me and that’s why they can’t watch anything outside their comfortable paradigm. 

Im sorry but your argument is judgmental. Tons of my friends watched Leo and thanked me dearly for introducing them to this field of knowledge. What’s wrong with recommending it to others man? 

No one should push anything too far. Which is why I back off when I sense they’re coming up with excuses 

More power to you. Beats recommending Cardi B twerking.

Know thyself....

7 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Lol why would you recommend it to your friends. I have to watch Actualized in hiding. ?

This made me laugh. It's a shame we have to sometimes hide this stuff and be open with more bullshit mass media shit.

Know thyself....

I believe for many it is a fantasy to get all the people they know on board with ALL the valuable information Leo teaches. It was definitely a fantasy of mine at one point that got shattered again and again. I've completely let go of trying to get even my closest friends to study Leo, although if they're not open to a few handpicked videos here and there, they're probably not a close friend to begin with, because in general they have to have the value of learning, growth, and an open mind for me to vibe with them. 

I've come to accept that you're only going to really watch Leo if you're a really deep thinker about reality. You can see this as a very positive thing, because it acts a filter to see just how curious your friends are. If I link Leo's Channel and they naturally binge watch a dozen videos, that actually tells me a lot about them. 

Very few people will naturally binge watch a couple dozen hours of Leo. When you find a person that has done that, you already know so much about their interests and their personality that's like an instant super relatable friend right there. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 26/08/2023 at 6:22 PM, Princess Arabia said:

I agree with this. Only thing is, they can't see how relevant most of the stuff IS relevant to their everyday experience as everything is entangled with everything else. 

yeah this is what frustrates me, if some of this stuff is put another way for them, related to certain experiences they've had in life or just put in specific language that they have a preference for then they would probably be like 'oh yeah, obviously.' 

I would never share Actualized.org content with 99% of people. I have only shared my interest in spirituality, philosophy with only one friend. I know most people are not interested in such things, so why bother them?

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

12 hours ago, Twega said:

That's just crazy.  The useful content is entirely unoriginal, and the "original" content is just loony-bonkers-nonsense stuff.

I completely reject your self-categorization as an avid reader if you haven't come across stuff that's in most of his videos.

Edited by SeaMonster