Colin Williams

Vibe of Actualized.org

19 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! This post is specifically for @Leo Gura, but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I feel like this could be a really important conversation for the Actualized.org community and I want to know if other people feel the same!

Firstly, I have endless respect for you @Leo Gura. Nearly every area of my life has been drastically improved over the nearly 10 years of following your content. Your work is undoubtedly the highest quality that I have ever come across, and following your videos was pivotal in my own awakening experiences. It's hard to even imagine what my life would have turned out like if I hadn't come across your channel when I did. You have my endless support.

I am, however, increasingly confused and concerned about the overall tone of this channel. The wisdom in Leo's videos is AMAZING, but there's only so much of his delivery that I can stomach at one time. I feel incredibly depressed by the dark, confrontational, and frustrated feeling that has been expressed in nearly all of the videos since 2019. In Leo's blog, he described a hatred towards humanity that he's felt from looking at the unconsciousness in the world, but I don't understand how that can coexist with the unparalleled depth of love and God-realization that he has very clearly attained. There seems to be a very personal, human kind of anger in Leo's videos that I don't see even in much less awakened teachers.

I don't doubt that Leo is one of the most awakened humans to have ever walked the Earth. I love the videos he took on the floor right after an awakening in 2018 - his joy, love, and humor are all so clear right after the experience. However, while the same wisdom is in all his other videos, the energy feels entirely different. Leo could be talking about radical acceptance or divine love, but it still has an eerie feeling to it that I don't get when I experience it for myself or learn from other teachers.

I truly want to understand what I am missing from this picture, everyone. Everything about Leo's channel feels so intentional, but the feeling I get in his delivery and even in messages on this forum seems a bit contradictory to the words themselves.

I know we haven't actually met, but I fucking love you, @Leo Gura. I have so much respect for you and I hope no offense was taken here. I know that this work is all about higher levels of consciousness beyond human likes and dislikes, but still, I care about your well-being and I just hope you're okay. I also don't want to invade your privacy in any way at all - I just want to understand what I could be missing here. Welcoming everyone's thoughts! Thanks

@Colin Williams

yes, your feeling is interesting. It seems that Leo doesn't like being human. normal, the human is a pit of shit, dysfunctionality, violence and suffering. It seems that he would rather be at the top of his ivory tower than go down in the mud, but...it doesn't work. it is necessary to go down. Being human, having empathy, opening your heart to others. abandon the need to be so special. is a barrier.

This question has come up so many times. And I feel like I can help answer it now. 

You can't put Leo into a preconceived box. In his videos Leo said he could shoot a child and it wouldn't matter one bit. So saying a few contradictory words on a forum also doesn't matter. 

But if you still think Leo should act a certain way or set a certain tone then consider the following two options as an explanation for Leo's behavior:

1 Leo is a full of shit, and he merely regurgitated spiritual stuff to get rich off YouTube videos

2 You are full of shit and you are distracting yourself from your own development trying to make sure Leo is acting a certain way. And you are full of shit by thinking words on a forum have any effect on your development or Leo's. 

3 I am full of shit and you should stop reading my posts

@itsadistraction there is another option: I see this like a circus or a movie, Id like to understand Leo because I like to understand the humans and the reality, and here we have an interesting case. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Leo Gura's vibration is as unique as anybody elses. It is a teaching tool offered by the very Beingness of Leo, which at the core is your Being. Remember that Higher Self teaches through both what is light, and what is dark, via what is, and what is not, for they truly are exactly the same coin.

It is you, your particular soul, that is attracted to this type of teaching. It is a reflection of what you are comfortable with. And if you find that you are also simultaneously uncomfortable with it, then that is your pointer, and simultaneously, your awakening.

Ta-daaaaa!! xD

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

16 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

Leo Gura's vibration is as unique as anybody elses. It is a teaching tool offered by the very Beingness of Leo, which at the core is your Being.

Remember that Higher Self teaches through both what is light, and what is dark, via what is, and what is not, for they truly are exactly the same coin.

It is you, your particular soul, that is attracted to this type of teaching. It is a reflection of what you are comfortable with. And if you find that you are also simultaneously uncomfortable with it, then that is your pointer, and simultaneously, your awakening.

Ta-daaaaa!!

I like this 

Know thyself....

I chose a style that emphasizes seriousness vs kindness. So you would not be fooled with sweetness.

I have been intentially confrontational. So you don't take important points for granted. I beat important points into you. This style has its pros and cons, as every style does. I wanted my style to stand out from the ocean of pleasant spiritual pablum out there.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Also, Leo is not married and has no kids. Those things will change him if they occur naturally.

I notice Bashar and Neil Degrasse Tyson are also arrogant, angry, and frustrated. John Vervaeke is the same who I know from YouTube’s “Awakening from the Meaning Crisis.” Could be a con. Could be a mind hack to manipulate the audience. Could be a social media artifact. Could be their childhood. Maybe they are just frustrated by all us dummies. :)

Edited by Soul Flight

46 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

Also, Leo is not married and has no kids. Those things will change him if they occur naturally.

I notice Bashar and Neil Degrasse Tyson are also arrogant, angry, and frustrated. Could be a con. Could be a mind hack to manipulate the audience. Could be a social media artifact. Could be their childhood. Maybe they are just frustrated by all us dummies. :)

Proper self-inquiry into the source one's own frustrations leads one to realize that frustration rooted in compassion. ;)

Edited by tuku747

Brains Do Not Exist 

Have you considered....

It may just be his personality? 

Nisgardatta used to scream at students 

Eckhart Tolle / Ramana are as soft as baby shit 

Go with what relates to you and what you need

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Have you considered....

lol

Edited by Javfly33

15 hours ago, Colin Williams said:

Hey everyone! This post is specifically for @Leo Gura, but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I feel like this could be a really important conversation for the Actualized.org community and I want to know if other people feel the same!

Firstly, I have endless respect for you @Leo Gura. Nearly every area of my life has been drastically improved over the nearly 10 years of following your content. Your work is undoubtedly the highest quality that I have ever come across, and following your videos was pivotal in my own awakening experiences. It's hard to even imagine what my life would have turned out like if I hadn't come across your channel when I did. You have my endless support.

I am, however, increasingly confused and concerned about the overall tone of this channel. The wisdom in Leo's videos is AMAZING, but there's only so much of his delivery that I can stomach at one time. I feel incredibly depressed by the dark, confrontational, and frustrated feeling that has been expressed in nearly all of the videos since 2019. In Leo's blog, he described a hatred towards humanity that he's felt from looking at the unconsciousness in the world, but I don't understand how that can coexist with the unparalleled depth of love and God-realization that he has very clearly attained. There seems to be a very personal, human kind of anger in Leo's videos that I don't see even in much less awakened teachers.

I don't doubt that Leo is one of the most awakened humans to have ever walked the Earth. I love the videos he took on the floor right after an awakening in 2018 - his joy, love, and humor are all so clear right after the experience. However, while the same wisdom is in all his other videos, the energy feels entirely different. Leo could be talking about radical acceptance or divine love, but it still has an eerie feeling to it that I don't get when I experience it for myself or learn from other teachers.

I truly want to understand what I am missing from this picture, everyone. Everything about Leo's channel feels so intentional, but the feeling I get in his delivery and even in messages on this forum seems a bit contradictory to the words themselves.

I know we haven't actually met, but I fucking love you, @Leo Gura. I have so much respect for you and I hope no offense was taken here. I know that this work is all about higher levels of consciousness beyond human likes and dislikes, but still, I care about your well-being and I just hope you're okay. I also don't want to invade your privacy in any way at all - I just want to understand what I could be missing here. Welcoming everyone's thoughts! Thanks

Hello @Colin Williams ?

It's because Leo and Actualized are different entities.

No matter how awake Leo is, when he is interacting with us through Actualized.org, he has to talk to Collective in whichever means works best. 

Actualized is not just Leo's responsibility. It's also each one of us. 

How about to show gratitude and reverence to Leo, we triple or quadraple the self-actualization work we do...?

How about we all aim to transcend Leo in consciousness..?(which is nearly impossible & I get it's not a race however won't it be interesting to just be able to surpass our master one day and regardless of whether we achieve it, we will grow so much) 

Basically I am saying he is moving at a very great speed.

We all need to shift our gears and move at as much speed as possible.? ?

One idea I have for Actualized which I will pitch Leo soon (after considering all the nuances of it and sharing samples) is to start Actualized Hindi channel to cater to Hindi speaking audience who doesn't understand any English at all. 

I believe no one should be denied this profound wisdom for language barrier.

And maybe after that they will be inspired to learn English also but the point is to share his wisdom to maximum people today. 

I can easily manage to do it on weekends and with AI and stuff it shouldn't be too much. 

And most importantly in the process I will get revision of all the concepts which in of itself is worth so much. 

Like this we can come up with so many ideas..I remember someone was saying few weeks ago that the "Start Here" page is a bit old and needs revision. 

If someone feels that is the case, why not share with Leo, a revised page with reasons of edits ? 

For the love and wisdom Leo shared and the kind of impact it had on me, I am indebted to him forever...and I am in no way neurotic about it that oh I have to pay off his debt?

However I naturally want to give as much as I can as per my capacity to him and world because other people and things are Leo/God too. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I chose a style that emphasizes seriousness vs kindness. So you would not be fooled with sweetness.

I have been intentially confrontational. So you don't take important points for granted. I beat important points into you. This style has its pros and cons, as every style does. I wanted my style to stand out from the ocean of pleasant spiritual pablum out there.

One of the best practical gains I’ve gotten from Actualized.org/Leo is the vocabulary gains. 

Pablum added to the list ?

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

7 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

One of the best practical gains I’ve gotten from Actualized.org/Leo is the vocabulary gains. 

Pablum added to the list ?

I know right. I used to say to myself while watching his videos how wide-ranged his vocabulary was and his usage of language. So versatile.

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Harsh Bagdia said:

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, it may be as you said, but what emerges is: I'm better than you. It does not emerge: I am at an incredible point of consciousness and I want to take you to it.

never something like: that's it, you're doing well, I had a difficult time at that stage but I did this and that. no, it's something like: you're a piece of shit. I'm better than you. what's that? a joke? a bully? a toxic guy?

inspiration level = zero. At first actualized this seemed kind of generous, now it seems kind of greedy. everyone to adore leo, the most enlightened since homo sapiens appeared. what is this friend? a joke? 

Never anything constructive in the interaction. What happens with you? You look like a hedgehog full of spikes, a guy with the vital need to be better than the others (who do not exist), someone trapped, who does not flow but rather analyzes the flow, in short. who is not awake

11 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, it may be as you said, but what emerges is: I'm better than you. It does not emerge: I am at an incredible point of consciousness and I want to take you to it.

never something like: that's it, you're doing well, I had a difficult time at that stage but I did this and that. no, it's something like: you're a piece of shit. I'm better than you. what's that? a joke? a bully? a toxic guy?

inspiration level = zero. At first actualized this seemed kind of generous, now it seems kind of greedy. everyone to adore leo, the most enlightened since homo sapiens appeared. what is this friend? a joke? 

Never anything constructive in the interaction. What happens with you? You look like a hedgehog full of spikes, a guy with the vital need to be better than the others (who do not exist), someone trapped, who does not flow but rather analyzes the flow, in short. who is not awake

I think the above is pretty accurate.

But then people here refuse to investigate what malignant narcissism is and how it shapes Leo's interactions with the audience.  They simply take him at his word -- there is zero skepticism involved, no critical thinking, just...drinking the kool-aid.  I think it's partly due to the fact that a lot of his most ardent followers view THEMSELVES as special as well (for being one of a select group to recognize HIS uniqueness.)  It's a pretty pathological dynamic, very much like in a cult.

A major trait of narcissists is that they DO believe they're better than you -- SUPERIORITY.  He's not trying to help you reach his level -- rather, he has fashioned himself as this unique, unprecedented psychedelic adventurer who will always be SUPERIOR to you because of his experiences.

It's a rather convenient strategy to keep one sense of superiority intact, isn't it?

9 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

A major trait of narcissists is that they DO believe they're better than you -- SUPERIORITY.  He's not trying to help you reach his level -- rather, he has fashioned himself as this unique, unprecedented psychedelic adventurer who will always be SUPERIOR to you because of his experiences.

the problem with this type of character is not that it is difficult to deal with, it is the lie. towards himself above all. the guy is a genius and you just have to see the quality and the breadth of his content, but at a given moment, the virus of narcissism manifested itself more severely, and there was a detour, a wrong path. an apparently infinite but really limited vision. instead of an ever greater openness to existence, to life, a path of evasion, of addiction (or it seems so). but since we are talking about a genius, I would say that he will be able to correct the course . Life is long and give up is not an option.

9 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

think it's partly due to the fact that a lot of his most ardent followers view THEMSELVES as special as well (for being one of a select group to recognize HIS uniqueness.)  It's a pretty pathological dynamic, very much like in a cult.

Yes, everyone talking about god, etc. just for having internalized ideas heard in the videos, going through life like ubermenchen surrounded by chimpanzees. Could it be more pathetic? is not easy

On 8/26/2023 at 11:45 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Have you considered....

I do not like this soft style, except when Osho does it, it's at least funny that he is calling out somebody.