EugeneTheSage

Why there are less female mystics?

26 posts in this topic

Leo, Sadhguru, Eckhart Tolle, Mooji, Yogananda, Rupert Spira, Krishnamutri, Vivekananda, Allan Watts...

For female mystics I know only the woman who wrote "Love there is" - don't remember exactly the name of the book.

Why do you think it is so? I think that's because women don't have this masculine energy to "break the wall" - they are more about compassion, caring, and socializing (which are not bad things). On the other hand, woman is a more subtle energy.

There are many women mystical people but female spirituality is different in style. They are more like witches, fortune tellers, Reiki people. Example: Teal Swan.

Strict nonduality/awakening has a masculine bias baked into it. Most women will not find it appealing. However they will find stuff like yoga or witchcraft appealing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Masculine energy is directed, looking to solve problems, warrior based & journeyed & competitive when added with more masculine energy.

Feminine energy is beautiful, always in motion, with no straight lines (the essence of nature itself) and expanding when added with more feminine energy

My belief is that these different types of archetypal energies respond in their own unique ways to states of consciousness that have massive energetic flows and releases (psychedelics, deep meditation, yoga, etc.)

Most religious traditions are also patriarchal and created by men for men.

With the releasing into the energy of psychedelics some women recount how it became highly sexual, where surrender allowed them to release into the divine energy of God.

When it comes to sex, feminine energies usually release, open themselves up, and surrender, whereas masculine energies try to maintain energetic control and poise.

Edited by toasty7718

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Historically, women have been suppressed and discouraged from engaging in various pursuits, "mysticism" included. This might be one reason why not many female teachers have become widely known. They also probably used an overly cryptic, socially acceptable rhetoric for fear of being found out.

Edited by UnbornTao

It is pretty much a feminine thing. Most woman havnt got the gonads to seriously look into the fact that they are alone. They want love from others, they want others to love them. To realise there is no other is not attractive to the mind that is more feminine. Of course femininity is the females natural state. So anyone who leans more to the feminine side is not going to appreciate so much that they are alone, forever. So they get stuck at the new age level, green spiral dynamic stage. Even those who are more advanced than that, will really struggle to give up their notion of other. That’s my opinion anyway, cut short

8 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

It is pretty much a feminine thing. Most woman havnt got the gonads to seriously look into the fact that they are alone. They want love from others, they want others to love them. To realise there is no other is not attractive to the mind that is more feminine. Of course femininity is the females natural state. So anyone who leans more to the feminine side is not going to appreciate so much that they are alone, forever. So they get stuck at the new age level, green spiral dynamic stage. Even those who are more advanced than that, will really struggle to give up their notion of other. That’s my opinion anyway, cut short

@Dazgwny

Funny you say this, because when i read this thread 4 hours ago i had the same in my mind. Feminine is further away from god then man because the need for others and receiving love from others is basically the same as = god dumbing itself down within illussion even more. Look in religion/spiritual gatherings and so on worldwide you will see how it is dominated by man. So be a female in next reincarnation, but females might suffer more with all menstrual pain they get. So as you see there is always balance

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

I’ve thought about it too why it seems there are less females. Don’t think it’s possible to confirm tho might just be a difference in how it expresses itself and how men have been more likely to share it with the world or something .. 

Because of capitalism and mass monotheism. :)

Edited by Applegarden8

I think Joseph Campbell said their body creates life. They are already god.

Women are mothers and wives everywhere. They are mystics from cradle to grave. They are right in front of our face and we can't see them.

Women are intuitive and emotional. They are mostly laughing and rolling their eyes at us guys.

I think Eckart Thoelle said women are closer to awakening or living in the now than men.

She who knows, does not speak. She who speaks, does not know. So the ladies are silent.

Women are the watchers. They silently wait for men to wake up. Women tolerate men very patiently.

Catholic priests are men. Yet humans want siri to have a female voice. Maybe we want our tech to be submissive and motherly.

Philosophers, Jesus, Buddha, etc. are mostly men. But maybe the patriarchy or the historians focus on dudes.

:)

Edited by Soul Flight

1) Because men have a more active brain than women and will be interested in more things and in more detail (with more energy, focus).

2) Because spiritual people are uglier than average.
Normal people aren't interested in mundane things, there's little or no real chad based or spiritual stuff because they've always had other things to do.

As men receive less attention than women they are more likely to sublimate their sexual energy on wackier things.
It's the same thing even within women, most women who are interested in spirituality, that you see in yoga centers or that sort of thing, have had unpleasant lives, traumas, and/or are quite unattractive compared to other women.

The devil is in the details.

11 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

I think Joseph Campbell said their body creates life. They are already god.

Women are mothers and wives everywhere. They are mystics from cradle to grave. They are right in front of our face and we can't see them.

Women are intuitive and emotional. They are mostly laughing and rolling their eyes at us guys.

I think Eckart Thoelle said women are closer to awakening or living in the now than men.

She who knows, does not speak. She who speaks, does not know.

Women are the watchers. They silently wait for men to wake up. Women tolerate men very patiently.

Catholic priests are men. Yet humans like siri to have a female voice. Maybe we want are tech to be submissive and motherly.

Philosophers, Jesus, Buddha, etc. Mostly women. But maybe the patriarch or the historians focus on dudes.

:)

nobody is ever born, all the people that you see are being manifested in the presence according to who you believe you are in the dream that you've put yourself into. The laws in this world are imaginary, and are there to distract yourself from being god/eternal

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Women, by their nature, have a greater burden of fear than men. its nature tends to the affective, attachment, belonging, acceptance for the group. Few women can let go of the others. 

1 minute ago, Jowblob said:

nobody is ever born, all the people that you see are being manifested in the presence according to who you believe you are in the dream that you've put yourself into. The laws in this world are imaginary, and are there to distract yourself from being god/eternal

Why would God need to hide from being all alone?

The devil is in the details.

Women always were drawn and practiced mysticism, witchcraft, paganism (which is connection to the nature). I don't know if it's true but I read that Yoga was originally created by women.

Female wisdom was highly appreciated.

Due to the raise of patriarchy and religion in the last thousands of years they got demonized and killed for this, sometimes even their babies got killed too. This created a big feminine wound until these days.

Of course, there were women who survived the witch hunt and passed this wisdom to their daughters and their daughters passed it to their daughters, and so on, but it's done in a secretive low key way, we wouldn't see it on YT.

Today, there is still a collective fear of wild mystic women, witches, or women in power in general. Women fear their own natural feminine powers, many don't trust their intuition or wisdom enough because they were told since young age that it's not logical or reliable enough, that they are "too much emotional" and that emotions are bad. But accepting our emotions is a crucial part in developing intuition and inner wisdom. And mystical powers.

Now many women are awakening to that and reclaiming their powers back, they reclaim their right to be mystics, witches, priestesses, to express their femininity at the fullest, with the wild sides that the patriarchal society loves to repress and demonize (especially the sexuality). 

The modern women bodies are carrying the trauma of the historical witch hunts events and this is why it's so scary for many of us to walk on this path, we have unconscious fear that if we walk on this path and won't conform to the social norms and the patriarchal expectations of women, we will burned like our ancestors and our babies will be taken from us (even if we have no babies rn).

On the other hand, those of us who overcome this fear, find out that they came back home, to their natural style of living, natural territory. Deep down we find that our bodies are still remembering the wisdom of our ancient mothers ❤️

Edited by Lila9

👽

2 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

I would say that existence is absolutely happy. It creates herself in a dance of love for itself and flows deeply in the perfect happiness but our mind by its nature makes us separate from it, and it finds several layers of tricks to maintain that separation. you have to be very subtle to see the subtle separations

Humans prefer male leaders maybe? 

Edited by itsadistraction

Jeffery Martin said according to his data 60 percent of awakened people were male 

Jeffery Martin doesn't know what Awakening is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.