Federico del pueblo

Sadghuru's "inner engineering" course

20 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've heard good things about this course but wanted to ask you (whoever has taken this course) a few questions.

Can this course help to produce "spiritual experiences" like higher states of consciousness, states of bliss or love, realising your true nature and things like this?

And are the exercises derived from Yoga? (And which type?)

I actually wanted to get into (Kriya) yoga but I don't know, I'm having a difficult time at the moment and feel kind of overwhelmed by all the exercises of the kriya Yoga book from Leo's book list.

So I wanted to start with something a little bit simpler, where exercises and theory are provided in various small bits.

What I'm really looking for are exercises (and some supporting theory) that help me work with and improve my energy. Like making the energy stored in my body move back into the brain and thus entering altered states of consciousness.

I've done a lot of meditation over the last years, but especially at the moment, I'm having a hard time not getting totally distracted by my racing mind and meditation still hasn't done too much for me in terms of changing my energy.

@Javfly33 I think you recently talked about this course somewhere here, so would be cool if you could say a few words.

Edited by Federico del pueblo

Is a good foundational course, I think for the price asked it has a lot of value for your money. 

Regarding the Yoga practices, in the course you just learn 1 Kriya and some asanas. Is not that you will get a bunch of things taught to you, but I think is enough to see for yourself if is something that works or not.

Yes, the practices taught are powerful enough to produce high states of consciousness. This might sound as fake but the reality is there is no chemical in the planet (at least the ones i've tried) that can produce the states of consciousness I´ve touched with Yoga and certain tools I´ve learn mostly from sadhguru.

In my experience no meditation technique or similar spiritual tool I´ve tried touch in the slightest to the intensity and power of Shamavhi Kriya. But again, it should not surprised you because if you are careful notice how most of spiritual teachers never use the word 'explosion, bliss, intensity, exuberance...etc'. as sadhguru does almost all the time when talking about the practices. This should give you a hint. Most of spiritual jargon is 'peace, letting go...' etc. Cool and useful stuff when you are trying to be somewhat calm in life and not too stressed, but not powerful enough to enter to samadhi or other ecstatic energetic levels that can compete in the league of the drug-induced states that we are interested (and of course, easily surpass them at one point)

IME, Sadhguru teachings are in a whole, whole, other level. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Just now, Federico del pueblo said:

@Javfly33 which other Yoga resources did you use to complement your practice?

Proper Yoga practice I´ve only learn it from sadhguru courses (inner engineering & Angamardana) but I would say in the process of doing them I´ve learn some 'tricks' of my body-energy system, even though i learned them while or after doing the practices, I wouldn't say I learned them from sadhguru himself, like is being more of a discovery. I don't know if I explain myself 

I take sadghurus shambhavi mahamudra course (inner engineering total) in beginning of November in germany?

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Proper Yoga practice I´ve only learn it from sadhguru courses (inner engineering & Angamardana) but I would say in the process of doing them I´ve learn some 'tricks' of my body-energy system, even though i learned them while or after doing the practices, I wouldn't say I learned them from sadhguru himself, like is being more of a discovery. I don't know if I explain myself 

Sure you explained yourself.

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

I take sadghurus shambhavi mahamudra course (inner engineering total) in beginning of November in germany?

Interesting. Thanks!

I found it useless.

If you want to learn from Sadhguru you must go to his in-person trainings.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What did you found use less? 

Sadghuru unfortunately doesnt come to germany in november, his Trainers will be there so I will be initiated by them in a large group.

Did you Do shambhavi mahamudra course or any other isha course? 

11 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura What did you found use less? 

His online course does not teach any serious techniques. Don't waste your time and just learn Kriya yoga from a book.

Sadghuru unfortunately doesnt come to germany in november, his Trainers will be there so I will be initiated by them in a large group.

Sadhguru rarely does the trainings. It's almost always his assistants.

Did you Do shambhavi mahamudra course or any other isha course? 

I did one live training. I forget what it was called. Kriya yoga from the book is more powerful.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura did you discontinue the shambhavi practice immediately after the program ended? Or did you practice it for a few days and then dropped it? 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

I practiced it for about a month until I realized that Kriya yoga was superior.

Sadhguru does not teach a potent form of yoga to newbies. You must go through many of his training programs to access his best techniques and I had no interest in jumping through all those hoops. Kriya yoga gives you the best techniques immediately.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I practiced it for about a month until I realized that Kriya yoga was superior.

I see.

I find shambhavi to be unique tho compared to kriya from books. Because shambhavi is initiated. So it becomes a part of you in a much deeper way. Usually people leave isha programs charged and elated with energy. It's like the practice is throbbing inside you and pushes you from within and lives with you like a living entity. And it transforms your life in ways that almost look illogical/mystical. (That was my experience aswell) Whereas practices from book don't have that effect. You have to grind it all by yourself without any support of "grace" so to speak. So it becomes hard to remain inspired for long imo. And this "grace" thing is really subtle so people often overlook it, but it makes a huge difference in the long run. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

@Salvijus

Of course not everyone benefits from the same practices, but by for some reason I don't see Leo sitting in siddashana with hands facing upwards receiving the lectures lmao, or receiving the initiation while shamavhi when sadhguru do the hand palms energetic trick. I find hard to believe that that has happened. He said 'One day live training'. That doesn't look like the inner engineering course.

Edited by Javfly33

The Inner Engineering course is a precursor to initiation to Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya - don't look at it as its own thing. This Kriya is extremely powerful. If you do it, even if not perfectly, you are guaranteed to experience an altered state of consciousness. Its advantage over other types of practices is that it works like clockwork. For example, you are meditating: sometimes you feel something out of your sensory perception, but sometimes you are stuck and don't experience change for months, with Shambhavi you are repeating the simple process and you are getting guaranteed results. 

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

but by for some reason I don't see Leo sitting in siddashana with hands facing upwards receiving the lectures lmao, or receiving the initiation while shamavhi when sadhguru do the hand palms energetic trick. I find hard to believe that that has happened. 

I did it but that kind of stuff has zero effect on me. No energetic guru tricks work on me.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

The Inner Engineering course is a precursor to initiation to Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya - don't look at it as its own thing. This Kriya is extremely powerful. If you do it, even if not perfectly, you are guaranteed to experience an altered state of consciousness. Its advantage over other types of practices is that it works like clockwork. For example, you are meditating: sometimes you feel something out of your sensory perception, but sometimes you are stuck and don't experience change for months, with Shambhavi you are repeating the simple process and you are getting guaranteed results. 

Interesting!

Thanks for sharing this info!

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I did it but that kind of stuff has zero effect on me. No energetic guru tricks work on me.

@Leo Gura  :( 

@Javfly33 I read in the course description (right before you order) that the seven 90 minutes lessons are not replayable "to create an experience as close to an in person workshop as possible", so you only have the option to go back in 10 seconds steps, lol. Is this how it works?

You'd have life long access to meditations, exercises and Q&A videos though, it says.

Just now, Federico del pueblo said:

@Javfly33 I read in the course description (right before you order) that the seven 90 minutes lessons are not replayable "to create an experience as close to an in person workshop as possible", so you only have the option to go back in 10 seconds steps, lol. Is this how it works?

You'd have life long access to meditations, exercises and Q&A videos though, it says.

I don't know, I never tried to replay it, but I think is true, you can't download the stuff