Shawn Philips

Former friend tells me to meet after years without calling me... ignore to him?

3 posts in this topic

Some time ago this friend wanted me to go work at his company to have a slave, basically. In the interview I made it clear to the boss that I was not going to accept situations of pressure and work overload (I told him in other words), and he did not call me anymore. The friend got mad because I said that.

It has been 2 years without speaking to me. Now, since there's a week left on vacation and he has time, he wants to meet up...

Surely he comes to me with the excuse that he has been very busy with his children... (and that is why he has not had a moment to call me in 2 years)

I don't know whether to leave him forever and eliminate an interested friendship, or give him another chance.

Communication is great. You can always stay or leave whenever you want. I am pro-communication. I try to make friends everywhere my love, it is about me loving unconditionally maturity and spiritual growth. Not what someone did or what happened to me. I would take it as an opportunity to exercise my ability to love and admire people, without restrictions. You don't have to continue the relationship if you don't want to. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

8 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Surely he comes to me with the excuse that he has been very busy with his children... (and that is why he has not had a moment to call me in 2 years)

I don't know whether to leave him forever and eliminate an interested friendship, or give him another chance.

Dogshit excuse. I am sure he called plenty of people in his spare time but you weren’t on the list of priorities. Time to move on or have undeniable proof that there is a change and a genuine apology. I wouldn’t expect any change.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed