Hardkill

How do I improve my social skills if I am too invested in my career and hobbies?

9 posts in this topic

I am currently in school for my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. My program started only about 9 weeks ago and total length of the program will be about 2 and half years long. I very much want to become a Doctor in Physical Therapy and so I've committed to devoting the next couple of years of my life to primarily focusing on making it through the program. Also, I want to continue with my workout regimen, read some books, continue following politics, learn more from gurus like Leo, etc.

Therefore, I can't afford to go out often to meet new people (including new girls) at bars, clubs, parties, other kinds of social events, cold approach, or what have you. 

However, I have an unsatisfying social life, I am sexually frustrated, my social skills and ability to charm are still not great, and I have Asperger's. So, I don't want to have to miss out on developing those skills. Is there anything I can do about this?

Edited by Hardkill

You just dont want to do it plain and simple.

Where did your charm and skills go, i remember you had it in abundance year ago and brag about it?

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@Hardkill Maybe in this phase of your life you're supposed to focus on your studies. 

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I've committed to devoting the next couple of years of my life to primarily focusing on making it through the program

If this is what you decided then go for it, after this you will be able to focus more on dating and socializing. 

But if you want to have this now, then take every free moment you have, and go socialize. It's difficult, but when we want to achieve many different things we either prioritize, or work 10 times harder to get all of them.

11 hours ago, manuel bon said:

@Hardkill Maybe in this phase of your life you're supposed to focus on your studies. 

If this is what you decided then go for it, after this you will be able to focus more on dating and socializing. 

But if you want to have this now, then take every free moment you have, and go socialize. It's difficult, but when we want to achieve many different things we either prioritize, or work 10 times harder to get all of them.

I don't know how I can when I live in a pretty small city with not many social events or other kinds of areas to meet a lot of new people.

Either you try all the possibilities in that city, or you move out.

6 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Either you try all the possibilities in that city, or you move out.

I can't move to another city until about two years from now. I am still mostly living off of my parents financially and even if I had enough money of my own did there's no way that I can afford to spend any time and money on moving out to find another house given the demands of my school program and other things I have going on in my life.

Don't limit yourself, you can make genuine connections with people in any city, you dont need clubs, and it's probably better that way anyway.

On 8/18/2023 at 0:51 AM, Hardkill said:

I very much want to become a Doctor in Physical Therapy and so I've committed to devoting the next couple of years of my life to primarily focusing on making it through the program. Also, I want to continue with my workout regimen, read some books, continue following politics, learn more from gurus like Leo, etc.

I would shitcan gurus, politics and most books and spend more time socializing with people your age so you can get some experience.

Learning without experience/application is garbage anyway, probably worse for you than not learning.