StarStruck

Cringe feelings when talking about god

13 posts in this topic

So thanks to meditation and prayer I got some experiences with gods love and today I decided to talk about it to people in person and this a group of people who are open to god. It was an ok experience but there a pattern that I noticed in myself: every time I pronounce the word god there is a cringe feelings inside of me. I feel so airy fairy. Probably because I was atheist for a very long time and also because I’m still a little bit angry at God for not answering my communication with him when I was a kid and in a very dire situation. How do I get rid of this cringe feeling? First of all I don’t understand why he rejected me as a kid. I didn’t even ask anything from him other than a humane existence or at least his acknowledgement and love. 

Edited by StarStruck

I’ve been contemplating cringe too lately it’s quite a mystery what it is exactly but for me i feel it’s related to contracted identification something like that so I felt I needed to expand my sense of self 

Perhaps the first step for you would be to stop admiring/following false idols like all the "andrew tate" threads you've made. Start accepting  purity and innocence, without this you will never reach god. The cringe feeling is just a reflection of your own consciousness, the word "god" alone is more powerful then trillions of nukes.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@StarStruck You have trauma from a child/teen that has not been reconciled with and integrated into your life

First of all, you need to take more accountability of your life instead of praying to a deity that it will change it for you. I understand that you were a kid but relying on a god or others is doing nothing but making you a slave to them.

Second of all you need to learn why you feel negative emotions on a deep philosophical level. Clearly you have not emotionally developed deeply. You probably have no idea about why you feel angry/sad/anxious. You need to do research on this and self-inquire about why you are attached to certain outcomes in life and why you get upset when they don't occur or don't go how you wanted them to. If you did understand the deep intricacies of emotions then you would understand how to not let them control your life.

Finally, the whole reason why you cringe at the word god is that you are subconsciously projecting deep-rooted anger from not getting what you wanted from this "god" as a kid and still are attached to that anger. You need to learn to let it go.

I remember feeling this way when attending youth group in high school. I was, admittedly, an undercover Buddhist at the time. I even joined in their nondenominational worship group, as the backup singer and lead guitarist. That was very cringe. Those Protestant Christian songs suck. Hopefully I'll sing in this Gregorian Chant choir soon.

Here's a thought experiment. Does "Domine" as the Latin form, or even "Deo" make you equally cringe? If it doesn't, possibly consider that the word associations constructed out of this upbringing of yours has tainted the sounds and utterances of your life. I remember, more recently, attending different Latin Masses and finding some priests whine the Latin Mass in an uncomforting timbre.

I also remember a distinct LSD experience where I felt the "nonduality talk" as equally cringe.

Nowadays, I still get nauseated at the vocal phrase "we are one" because it invites a deep level of psychological ingratiation in social situations. If I say it to somebody walking down the street, I will feel the cursed detriment of the Most High God. Too "on the nose" perhaps. Yet, I don't find such cringe when saying "we are one in Christ."

Might a spiritual-but-not-religious identity make you cringe, or is it more a deep piety that causes ick?

In other words, do you think it may have to do with an unsubstantiated understanding of God? Or, rather a deeply conformed knowledge?

"Holy fuck. Holy fucking fuck. That body of yours is absurd." -Sri Ramana Maharshi

I had that issue to, as an athiest growing up I assosciated the word god with religious indoctrination. After Leo set me free still saying the word god out load in any relation to me felt wrong as it felt like I was making my self look stupid, I cared about my image to others.

The solution was to first become confident in my understanding so that im able to explain these concepts to others easily and the most important part to feel good about what i know/learned and see its value or truthfulness so clearly that I feel its highly intelegent to say outload. lol

Got to believe in your intelegence! Im smart hear me roar! :D 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

When you're a kid, God is virtually indistinguishable from Santa Claus.  You want something from him.

When you're an adult, God is simply what TRULY IS, and it's in your best interest to align yourself with that.

On 16/8/2023 at 1:15 AM, StarStruck said:

every time I pronounce the word god there is a cringe feelings inside of me

Great, it means that you have genuine intuition. you are perceiving falsehood unconsciously. when you talk about god you are talking about an acquired idea, something far from the truth.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:51 AM, Jowblob said:

Perhaps the first step for you would be to stop admiring/following false idols like all the "andrew tate" threads you've made. Start accepting  purity and innocence, without this you will never reach god. The cringe feeling is just a reflection of your own consciousness, the word "god" alone is more powerful then trillions of nukes.

?

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

@StarStruck haha, that experience when you were a child created Karma. Now you have to go deep into yoga+meditation to go down so deep and release that Karma. Only then you wont have a cringe over talking about God. Good luck.

Mahadev

On 21-8-2023 at 8:46 PM, inFlow said:

@StarStruck haha, that experience when you were a child created Karma. Now you have to go deep into yoga+meditation to go down so deep and release that Karma. Only then you wont have a cringe over talking about God. Good luck.

What has childhood to do with god?

On 19-8-2023 at 4:27 AM, integral said:

I had that issue to, as an athiest growing up I assosciated the word god with religious indoctrination. After Leo set me free still saying the word god out load in any relation to me felt wrong as it felt like I was making my self look stupid, I cared about my image to others.

The solution was to first become confident in my understanding so that im able to explain these concepts to others easily and the most important part to feel good about what i know/learned and see its value or truthfulness so clearly that I feel its highly intelegent to say outload. lol

Got to believe in your intelegence! Im smart hear me roar! :D 

True. I’m not secure about my views. I wouldn’t be able to put a great stance against an atheist in a debate. 

On 19-8-2023 at 1:07 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Great, it means that you have genuine intuition. you are perceiving falsehood unconsciously. when you talk about god you are talking about an acquired idea, something far from the truth.

True. I unlocked clairvoyance in the last year. I can intuitively recognize falsehood. 

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

What has childhood to do with god?

On 8/16/2023 at 2:15 AM, StarStruck said:

Probably because I was atheist for a very long time and also because I’m still a little bit angry at God for not answering my communication with him when I was a kid and in a very dire situation.

;)

Mahadev