Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

No matter how much I try to accept my own mortality.. I can't. Even if death is a portal to a different dimension...I'm still finding inside of me tons of fear from the smell of death . Let alone actually dying .its gonna be painful isn't it.?

Leo says death doesn't happen but I'm honestly not sure I understand the depth of this statement . I'm indeed imagining death but ...you know..that is not enough evidence .

death is the ultimate fear of the finite mind.  I know that  awakening is the solution.. there's no another way around it.

The kicker is of course.. You have not the first clue what's going to happen after death.. The body seems to die. What goes on after that?.?? Nobody knows.

it depends of course on how does one die. Suffocating to death doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. Although you can die without any melodrama (like dying while sleeping). 

But the moment of death..that one final moment is when the levels of fear reach infinity. This moment is what I'm terrified from to an unimaginable degree .

Appreciate any thoughts or perspectives on the subject.?

That's because you are attached to the self because you ARE the self!  You can get over the fear but you never will truly get over it because fear is why you're alive.  When you are dead it won't matter anymore.   

Now spiritually speaking, death is impossible.  It is just infinite Mind.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

because fear is why you're alive.  

Oh man that one just hit me ? 

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Now spiritually speaking, death is impossible.  It is just infinite Mind

Could you elaborate on this? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh man that one just hit me ? 

Could you elaborate on this? 

Whar i mean is notning physical ever dies.  Only ideas die.  You are an idea. .

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Whar i mean is notning physical ever dies.  Only ideas die.  You are an idea. .

So are you denying the fact that you gonna die someday and it will definitely be a nasty experience?( Let alone the crippling fear of the unknown beyond death ).

I'm talking biologically speaking ..as a living organism..do you think you will live in Inliytened1 avatar forever? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So are you denying the fact that you gonna die someday and it will definitely be a nasty experience?( Let alone the crippling fear of the unknown beyond death ).

I'm talking biologically speaking ..as a living organism..do you think you will live in Inliytened1 avatar forever? 

What happens when you awaken from a dream that feels sooo incredibly real?  And why is it real?  Because it is total.   But then when you awaken, everything you thought was real was just a dream..   the real tricky part is how juicy this dream feels.  It's so juicy.  Because you can feel.  But that is just another perception.  All perception is an illusion of the ego.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

What happens when you awaken from a dream that feels soopp incredibly real?  And why is it real?  Because it is total.   But then when you awaken, everything you thought was real was just a dream..   the real tricky part is how juicy this dream feels.  It's so juicy.  Because you can feel.  But that is just another perception.  All perception is an illusion of the ego.

Yes that's correct.  So this particular dream of Someone here will end at some point in the future..what I want to know is what exactly happens after that? (I know you are not supposed to have all the answers and I'm asking you questions that might just push you off the limits but hey ..let's see where this is going :)).

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes that's correct.  So this particular dream of Someone here will end at some point in the future..what I want to know is what exactly happens after that? (I know you are not supposed to have all the answers and I'm asking you questions that might just push you off the limits but hey ..let's see where this is going :)).

You're not pushing me to my limits.  I have died and become pure consciousness.   So yes my limits are I don't remember imagining I am any other form.  But perhaps that is by design.   I would go mad if i could.  It is simply safe to say you will imagine something else.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I’m 99%  confident only Leo has.

one thing I’ve learned from nde’s and people with terminal illness however,

is that once it’s inevitable, fear kinda dissolves.

have you ever considered that the fear is actually a good thing? it’s a fantastic motivator. it makes life so much more interesting.

Edited by Oppositionless

6 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

I’m 99%  confident only Leo has.

one thing I’ve learned from nde’s and people with terminal illness however,

is that once it’s inevitable, fear kinda dissolves.

It doesn't fully go away because what makes you stay alive is some attachment to yourself.  Only Leo has?  Lol.  Kinda funny.  He doesn't know whar comes next.  The whole point of a dream is to forget its a dream.  Forgetting is a necessary evil in the whole scheme of things.  The problem is you forget the scheme itself.  But it must be like that.  If you placed yourself In a video game would you want to remember you were the developer or any other player?  Or would you want to focus on being that player ?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Fear of death is one of the strongest forces in life.

Getting rid of fear is not the goal but some Buddhist Ratshit.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

It doesn't fully go away because what makes you stay alive is some attachment to yourself.

it’s just become apparent to me in reading people’s stories and my own family, that once a terminal illness is declared and especially if there is major pain, it becomes a lot less scary :)

33 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

it’s just become apparent to me in reading people’s stories and my own family, that once a terminal illness is declared and especially if there is major pain, it becomes a lot less scary :)

Only Leo has?  Lol.  Kinda funny.  He doesn't know what comes next.  The whole point of a dream is to forget its a dream.  Forgetting is a necessary evil in the whole scheme of things.  The problem is you forget the scheme itself.  But it must be like that.  If you placed yourself In a video game would you want to remember you were the developer or any other player?  Or would you want to focus on being that player ?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Only Leo has?  Lol.  Kinda funny.  He doesn't know whar comes next.  The whole point of a dream is to forget its a dream.  Forgetting is a necessary evil in the whole scheme of things.  The problem is you forget the scheme itself.  But it must be like that.  If you placed yourself In a video game would you want to remember you were the developer or any other player?  Or would you want to focus on being that player ?

I think you can transcend fear of death without knowing what comes next.

yeah maybe I take that back, just because I’m not inside leo’s head.

I just don’t think anyone is more likely than him to have transcended the fear of death.

but perhaps no one has 

24 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

I think you can transcend fear of death without knowing what comes next.

yeah maybe I take that back, just because I’m not inside leo’s head.

I just don’t think anyone is more likely than him to have transcended the fear of death.

but perhaps no one has 

It can be transcended through enlightenment because enlightenment is essentially death.  But then you return.   You return a mystic.  But you do return to the original form - and fear and attachment to that form is built into it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I still have fear around it. Not so much the death part but the suffering that comes before it and the loss of the stuff I've developed.

In another sense I look forward to the freedom of not having to be human any more. After a certain point your human life runs its course and you want something new.

Overcoming the fear of death is especially hard because it's one of those things that you will not know how you really feel until you're in the thick of it.

It is easy to say you have transcended this suffering or that suffering, but suffering can get very large and you will feel differently once you're stuck in it.

I have been suffering a lot lately and what that taught me is not to underestimate suffering. Frankly, I don't believe people who claim they have transcended suffering. It's easy to say that when you are in a good state, but your state can shift in ways which you cannot forsee, in very very bad ways. Frankly, it's hard for me to even imagine what it looks like to transcended all suffering. That's such a tall order. Really appreciate how serious suffering is. I notice spiritual people tend to downplay it and I think that misleads many students. You should not expect this work to lead to a trascendence of all suffering. That is not a realistic goal and you will probably end up disappointed.

I suggest you guys be very careful about filling your mind with spiritual fantasies. There are too many myths and stories out there about some magic guru transcending everything, as if that will be you. I assure you that your life will be a lot less magical and a lot more of a pain in the ass, with periods of intense pain which you will not be able to manipulate your way out of.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In another sense I look forward to the freedom of not having to be human any more. After a certain point your human life runs its course and you want something new.

I think that’s one of the shadow aspects of our medical advances. a lot of old people with no friends or spouse who just want to go home.

to be god is to be invincible take leos confession of fear as an admittance that he is not god. to be invincible is to fear nothing

Edited by Hojo

If you think this work will make you invincible, boy, you're in for a rude surprise.

One of the things I'm doing now which I wish I'd done earlier is disabusing you guys of mythical and fantastical notions about Awakening. Actual Awakening is a lot less glamorous. Consider that you've been sold a lot of fairy tales.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura then any claims that it will make you god are untrue cause god is untouched

1 minute ago, Hojo said:

@Leo Gura then any claims that it will make you god are untrue cause god is untouched

You have no idea what God is.