Javfly33

Here's why is impossible to be "bored" or craving artificial stimulation if you Awake

265 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You guys should drop the BS as everything you have about enlightenment is bullshit.

Important: it is not relative! consider this to grasp the implications. It is absoluteThis doesn't mean that it is grand and epic as these are relative.

It's what you are now. It's what's absolutely true. Period. You see? It's always been true, even before you had a brain.

Well, discard this BS too.

Go become enlightened yourself.

And awakening/enlightenment are being used interchangeably here.

@Carl-Richard you're talking about relative phenomenon. consciousness transcends mind. smart but mistaken explanation (every attempt at explaining it is by nature) which presupposes it can be thought out and mapped. What you're referring to is not this business of awakening but mind, etc.

care should be taken not to regard this matter as conceivable, it is unconceivable.

Unless you want to say there are no enlightened people, these people have a brain, and their brains do look a certain way. You can test how their brain is different by performing experiments such as those presented in the video, and you'll end up with findings such as the persistent deactivation of the DMN being a neural correlate of enlightenment.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:42 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Yep. Awakening literally changes your brain.

It changes your entire body. Literally reconstructs your nervous system. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It changes your entire body. Literally reconstructs your nervous system. 

It changes your environment too, your local community, your society :P

Edited by Carl-Richard

16 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Unless you want to say there are no enlightened people, these people have a brain, and their brains do look a certain way. You can test how their brain is different by performing experiments such as those presented in the video, and you'll end up with findings such as the persistent deactivation of the DMN being a neural correlate of enlightenment.

You are still holding it as something that is conceivable. It is independent from the brain. Whatever happens in your experience is irrespective of the absolute. That's not the tree to be barking.

Sounds like you think the brain comes first, that it is needed for enlightenment, and that awakening relies on a certain neurological configuration in order to occur. I'm saying: these are different matters. In any case, the absolute can't be thought and by nature is confusing and paradoxical to the mind. If it makes sense, we are by necessity mistaken, as we likely reduced it to an idea.

It's easy to make up fantasies about this topic.

Enlightenment doesn't change anything, the only thing it gets you is the truth. Again, it's true now.

Either way, all this BS gets in the way. Let's remain open: What are you? Who are you?  Contemplate.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

You're still holding it as something relative that can be conceived and that has correlations with relative stuff. It's not. It is independent from the brain. Whatever happens in your experience is irrespective of whether you're absolutely conscious or not. You're looking in the wrong place. Or rather, what you're looking for has nothing to do with Truth.

You're operating from a wrong paradigm. Sounds like you may be holding materialist presumptions, thinking that the brain comes first, and then enlightenment/awakening. In any case this matter can't be thought and it's absolute, so if it makes sense it means we're wrong.

Enlightenment doesn't change anything, the only thing it gets you is the truth.

You guys hold a few fantasies about this topic.

Either way, contemplation and openness are needed. All this BS gets in the way. What are you? Who are you? 

Good stuff. That's the spirit.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It changes your environment too, your local community, your society :P

I'm sure lol but I won't admit to being conscious of that one yet.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Sounds like you may be holding materialist presumptions, thinking that the brain comes first, and then enlightenment/awakening.

Nope. You don't have to think that the brain comes first in order to talk about the brain. Notice how I'm using the word "correlation", not "causation".

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 18/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, UnbornTao said:

Not at all. It's becoming conscious of what's already true, not about meaning and survival. It's about consciousness

Thats not enlightenment imo. Becoming conscious implies a you doing something. Unless I didn't understand what did you mean. Could you explain what is enlightenment for you? You made interesting points

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Thats not enlightenment imo. Becoming conscious implies a you doing something. Unless I didn't understand what did you mean. Could you explain what is enlightenment for you? You made interesting points

It doesn't have to.  Consciousness can become conscious of something without the ego.  In fact there never was an ego.    So not only can it, but it always has.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nope. You don't have to think that the brain comes first in order to talk about the brain. Notice how I'm using the word "correlation", not "causation".

And I said "independent". You may be conceiving of enlightenment as something limited that happens within perceptive experience by holding those presumptions. Enlightenment isn't a perception. I'm sure it can be fascinating and worthwhile to scientifically study what happens to the brain when such and such phenomenon occurs. But enlightenment is neither a phenomenon nor relative. It's off the charts, so to speak. Something else is being measured in those studies.

Consider the following analogy: waking up from a dream has nothing to do with what happens within the dream. It occurs as the act of awakening itself. That's what is meant by "direct".

Edited by UnbornTao

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Becoming directly conscious of the Truth.

4 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

And I said "independent". You may be conceiving of enlightenment as something limited that happens within perceptive experience by holding those presumptions. I'm sure it can be fascinating and worthwhile to scientifically study what happens to the brain when such and such phenomenon occurs. But enlightenment is neither a phenomenon nor relative. It's off the charts so to speak. Something other than it is being measured in those studies.

Consider the following analogy: waking up from a dream has nothing to do with what happens within the dream. It occurs as the act of awakening itself. That's what is meant by "direct".

Are there enlightened people or not?

18 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The Default Mode Network (DMN) is a known neural correlate for mystical experiences (a.k.a. "awakening"), and "enlightenment" (or persistent non-dual awareness) correlates with a persistent deactivation of the DMN when the subject is not doing anything (there is a graph in the video). The DMN is associated with the feeling of self, self-referential thinking, etc.

Interesting tnx

It's even better when you find meaning in boredom and other 'low-consciousness' states. The mind needs to experiences all the nuances in order to keep in touch with reality. Boredom is just a label with a negative connotation but you can transmute it to see it as a necessary state of your human experience. Sometimes the brain needs to rewire itself so boredom may appear but it's not inherently bad. People see negative emotions as something to avoid but they are ok as long as they don't take over your life.

Edited by Incognito

43 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Are there enlightened people or not?

There are.  Is there a @Carl-Richard?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

Becoming directly conscious of the Truth.

Yeah but why the word truth?

On 18/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, UnbornTao said:

Not at all. It's becoming conscious of what's already true, not about meaning and survival. 

"What's the point if I can't get anything out of it?" There's no point in it except knowing the truth, which itself is prior to meaning. That's why most people don't care about pursuing it.

The tragedy is that you think you have arisen to that conclusions by you own. 

Until you don't see that you have just been swallowing Leo's ideology like a thirsty camel, what can I do. You are just so sure you just got it all sort it out.

The ideology is perfect because you guys logic work in such a way, that just with having some experiences, you can tell yourself you got it. You arrived. Meanwhile real work is not happening, you are victim to compulsion and low stages of awareness like any other human that hasn't pick a spiritual book on their life or mediated 1 hour.

I even I'm shocked you guys can NOT see this trap. But I guess that's the beauty of traps, they can't be seen from inside .

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

18 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

The tragedy is that you think you have arisen to that conclusions by you own. 

Until you don't see that you have just been swallowing Leo's ideology like a thirsty camel, what can I do. You are just so sure you just got it all sort it out.

How do you know he hasn't had awakenings ?  You surely don't. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

How do you know he hasn't had awakenings ?  You surely don't. 

I don't care if he has had 1000 awakenings.

@Inliytened1 Is like If I have pain in my back, and I have popped 1000 pain-relief pills in the past, and, of course ,1000 times I have not had pain.

You tell what is the purpose? I still have pain. The ideas and concepts about when I didn't have pain, do not serve to not have pain Now.

In my view, is all about the Now. Are you solved/gone, NOW?

It doesn't serve me that you were good 1000 times in the past, the past already is gone. Now we are Here and Now. What is happening now? You are thinking about trophies of awakening, which are never awakening. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Enlightenment is a singular thing. Not multiple different things. If you are experiencing multiple things, those are either "hints" towards enlightenment, or just simply not it. Enlightenment is a singular recontextualization where you can't see "yourself" ever again, and all the worries associated with that self go away, because you just become exactly what is being experienced. There's no need to identify with anything. Existence does not need to identify with anything to exist. You exist.

Describe a thought.